lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What we love about the prequel trilogy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Post What we love about the prequel trilogy

Oh wow, Lynk is actually making a thread! Now you know the world is going to end very soon...

Anyway, there's been a lot of Star Wars hating and bitching going on so I thought a thread like this felt like the right way to go.

So the question in this thread is... What are some of the things the prequel trilogy did that you really like? And let's have something better than "nothing" or some other response I'm sure some of you will try to pull off We already know what we hate about the PT by now lol.

I'll start off...

Watto
I realise a lot of people see Watto as some kind of bad throwaway stereotype character but I have to say I never disliked Watto for any reason. He's a very strange creature that despite his nature as a type of junk dealer and gambler trying to rip off anyone he could, I felt he was genuinely layered character who had those characteristics but also seemed to have a soft spot for Anakin and liked the boy. He's definitely, for me, a lot more likeable than a lot of the other characters in the movie and a much better source for humour than Jar Jar who is just plain slap-stick. You gotta love the way he talks and rambles on... "Ah, Nubian, very nice, Nubian hah..."

Boonta Eve Pod Race
While the entire sequence, especially the extended home video version, was too long and the storyline basically stalled in order to have this whole event in the middle of the movie... that said, it was one hell of a cool event to behold. The entire sequence is very well done, exciting and eventful... makes you actually want to go and see a real life Pod Race if they actually existed.

Senator Palpatine
We all know who he is and what he becomes... it's great fun watching him get there and manipulate everything. It's also funny when you talk to a person who have seen the PT first before the OT (these people really do exist!) and they're totally fooled by Palpatine thinking he's a good guy... if only they weren't so blinded by the dark side of the Force...

Poggle the Lesser
He doesn't really have much of a part, but I find Poggle and his speech to be one of the more interesting alien creations in the PT.

Jango Fett
In the OT Boba Fett had this reputation of being a huge badass just by the way he looked... but he really didn't do anything at all during all of his scenes aside from just standing there and uttering a few lines... and then dying a pathetic death. Jango on the other hand showed everything we wanted to see with Boba. The best moment with Jango was his fight with Obi-wan... the only person awesome enough to go against a Jedi Knight and the dude has the gall to head-butt Obi-wan lol.

I have more but I may as well save them for later... now let's see what the rest of you have to say and don't tell me you have nothing to add cause even with all of the criticisms we have of the prequel trilogies, there's gotta be something that you liked about them.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Qui-Gon Jinn
The equivalent of Alec Guiness' Ben Kenobi of the PT, only better. A true (charismatic) Jedi in his prime.

Jango Fett
Lynk has already said it all.

Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
It was Christopher Lee as a Sith Lord. My only complaint is that he was a bit underdeveloped.

Kamino
Loved the concept and the design. Probably my favourite PT world.

To be continued...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
An obvious one is the lightsaber battles. Compared to the original triology, where the duels are kind of stiff, the prequel battles are fluid, dynamic, and exciting.

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I agree with that list. Jango Fett was one of the best things in Episode II and a great addition to the Star Wars universe. But Palpatine was, for me, the best thing to come out of the prequels. Especially in Episode III he stole the show.

From things not listed is perhaps Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan my favorite. He's principled and disciplined, but still brings fun to the boring Jedi. Qui-Gon Jinn was also a positive addition to Star Wars. Must be the first big appearance of a more ambiguous Force user in the black-and-white world, years before we had Jolee and Kreia. Also, Yoda vs. Dooku.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Maul was potentially the single redeeming feature of the prequels - but then they completely screwed the pooch by killing him off in TPM. Such a waste.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
For me it was the saber duel between Anakin and Obi-wan. That was exactly how I wanted the PT to end.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I must say I really enjoyed Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi-Wan. And yeah, Watto and the Pod Races were cool too.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Aayla Secura

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The Soundtrack. Ok, so John Williams' work has taken a bit of a dive in quality over the last 15 years (not meant in a bad way, just that a lot of his film scores could easily be moved from one to another without anyone noticing), but some of the stuff in the prequels is awesome. Although I don't like Duel of the Fates that much.

Show spoiler

And I liked the ships, and seeing Wookiees in action, however briefly was great too.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Speaking of ships, the prequels have my favourite ship of the whole saga. This one:

Before the prequels, the A-Wing was my favourite. Now, it's this one.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 09-17-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Generally anything not dealing with the Force. I realize that almost the entire Star Wars universe revolves around the Force, but Republic Commando helped me to see through the monochromatic veil of the Force. Mind you, the bigotry of Traviss and her work in Star Wars did have a hold on me a few years ago, but no more. I get into the militaristic, political, and social aspects of the universe.

To get a bit more detailed about that vague phrase "not dealing with the Force" here's a few examples.

The artistic design. I can't get enough of it. Lucas practically started the whole "used future" setting, and although it's overused, it's a signature aspect of Star Wars.

It's Star Wars. I think that's enough reason. Being a part of one of the greatest science fiction/fantasy ('tis debatable), it's a perfect escape from reality.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Love: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Coruscant, the jedi temple, Naboo, Tattoine, Mustafar, Geonosis, Geonosions, Utapau, Darth Sidious, Love Scenes, death Scenes, Jar Jar, Clones, CGI, Padme' Brushing her hair to Haydens bad dialog, Lightsabers, Gungans, A hero's Journey, Darth Vader, Obi-Wans fake beard in re-shoots, Dooku/Tyrannus, Boss nass, CGI Yoda, The Millennium Falcon cameo on Coruscant, the Lizard that carries Obi-Wan, Jimmy Smits, swimming Mon Calimari, BIG GOOBERFISH ! Sio Bibble, C3P0, R2D2, Younglings, Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos mentioned in a War briefing,

Dislike: General Grevious, Battle Droid Humor, Terrance Stamp, Keira Knightly, Naboo Starfighters, the green minstrel trousered Gas breathing techno union dude, Ki-Adi-Mundi in Combat (Looks like my drunken uncle dancing at a wedding)
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Darth Maul, for starters. It's only a shame he didn't have more lines in the film. The lightsaber fight between him, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is my personal favorite (not counting the Yoda vs. Dooku duel which was hilariously cool) out of all six movies because it looks cool, portrays all three participants as very skilled and is yet minimally computerized, unlike the lightsaber fighting scenes from Episode II and III, which were mostly CGI and had way too much unnecessary lightsaber twirling.

Other than that, I agree with what Lynk said about Palpatine and what was said about Qui-Gon.

Also, I didn't dislike Jar-Jar. I've actually never understood all the hatred towards that character - he was the comic relief of Episode I, a role usually filled by C-3PO.

There's more, but I don't feel like writing a wall-o-text.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Battle of Coruscant: That huge, messy conflict above Coruscant reminded me of the Battle of Endor (funny that I should mention the OT on a thread that asks what I like about the prequel movies, I will try to abstain from doing that again) and the only bad thing about it is the duration. They spent a whole year working on that sequence and it's still not long enough. Still, it's the best opening sequence of a Star Wars movie after ANH's, IMO.

The Senate: I know, politics is almost always on everyone's top ten reasons as to why the PT sucked. But I liked the Senate and that equivocated, utopic feeling that the galaxy is united under a democratc interplanetary organization. Besides, I really thought that the politics helped flesh out Star Wars' galaxy, although it broke the rhythm of the movies. A sin for a film, an achievement for an established universe.

John Willians: Still delivering haunting and beautiful soundtracks.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Aayla Secura
Agreed

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, TPM Maul duel, ROTS Anakin/Obi duel,..uuum. Sam Jackson was good as always.
I think Hayden played the part well enough, more so in III though.
Im so glad they switched to CGI for Yoda in the last two cause that first Yoda puppet was the single worst looking thing I've ever seen.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
The TPM duel with Darth Maul and Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan. It's been the only lightsaber duel in all of the movies where I thought seriously "Oh, crap, the 2 Jedi just might lose this one", because Ray Park is such a phenomenal martial artist. Seeing Yoda kick butt in multiple duels and actually survive Order 66 was also win.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #18
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
There's only 3 of them.

Seriously though (in no specific order):
Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn
Watto
Podracing
Twi'leks
Darth Maul battle
Jango Fett
Slave I
Kamino
moar Tuskens
Twi'leks
Battle over Coruscant
IG-100 MagnaGuards
moar Aliens
Twi'leks
Epic ships and vehicles
Aayla Secura
Twi'leks.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #19
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

What I liked about the PT, in order:

1. Lightsaber battles (Anakin vs. Obi-Wan takes the cake, followed by Yoda vs. Palpatine)
2. Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn (My favorite character in the PT, played by one of my favorite actors)
3. The visuals (Star Wars brought to life by [then] modern CGI)
4. The scores (Anakin's Betrayal, The Immolation Scene, and Battle of the Heroes specifically)
5. Episode 3
6. The whole thing (I was around 11 when I saw these. The Prequels, along the game Jedi Academy gave me my love for Star Wars)

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Talking about the musical score, I forgot to mention "Duel of the Fates" - the single most awesome Star Wars theme, next to the "Imperial March".

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
I liked just about everything in the prequels, ships, characters, planets and so on.

But the most important thing to me in the movies was the Jedi Archives in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. I would have loved to have been a Librarian in that place.

Just imagine the hours and days of reading it would take to learn the history of the Jedi, down to every last detail. Not to mention other subjects, that were probably included like: about other alien cultures, science and mechanics, other languages, and most important of all, how to remove bantha fodder from the bottom of one's shoes. <---Yeah...that's a real important one, you know. Every Jedi should know that.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #22
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Quote:
Originally Posted by purifier
Just imagine the hours and days of reading it would take to learn the history of the Jedi, down to every last detail. Not to mention other subjects, that were probably included like: about other alien cultures, science and mechanics, other languages, and most important of all, how to remove bantha fodder from the bottom of one's shoes. <---Yeah...that's a real important one, you know. Every Jedi should know that.
That would be incredible. But it'd all be from the narrow view point of the Jedi; do not use lightning to remove bantha fodder from your boot, that leads to the dark side. I'd like to read that kind of stuff from a neutral standpoint.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #23
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by purifier View Post
and most important of all, how to remove bantha fodder from the bottom of one's shoes. <---Yeah...that's a real important one, you know. Every Jedi should know that.
Buy new shoes.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #24
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Wow, a pro PT thread. You don't see that often.

For those who dislike the Prequels, I would suggest reading the novelizations. You'll probably find them more enjoyable and help you bridge the gap between the two trilogies.

Other than that, same things everyone else has stated.
I love the Prequels, warts and all.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
This one is going to sound strange but...

The Jedi Purge
The moment of Order 66 was a very powerful moment only made more so by the music that played as each Jedi died and Yoda felt the tremors in the Force. When you see it happening you know this is truly the end of an era.. it's a sad moment, I literally had a single tear stream down my face in the cinema when I saw it the first time just at the sheer betrayal of the Jedi the Clone Troopers fought along side for all those years.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I especially found Cody's execution of Order 66 to be very brutal. One moment he's talking to Kenobi, the next he's ordering Kenobi's death with a wave of his hand. That and Ki-Adi-Mundi's death stood out in the Purge scene, in my opinion.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #27
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Yeah, when Ki-Adi turned around and realised that he was about to be betrayed...

Though the only thing about the Jedi purge that annoys me is how easily some of the Jedi were killed off. I expected a lot more lasers from a lot more directions to take Ki-Adi out and he could've at least deflected some of them.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
This one is going to sound strange but...

The Jedi Purge
The moment of Order 66 was a very powerful moment only made more so by the music that played as each Jedi died and Yoda felt the tremors in the Force. When you see it happening you know this is truly the end of an era.. it's a sad moment, I literally had a single tear stream down my face in the cinema when I saw it the first time just at the sheer betrayal of the Jedi the Clone Troopers fought along side for all those years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
I especially found Cody's execution of Order 66 to be very brutal. One moment he's talking to Kenobi, the next he's ordering Kenobi's death with a wave of his hand. That and Ki-Adi-Mundi's death stood out in the Purge scene, in my opinion.
Yep. Ep3 was full of gut-wrenching. It was a grown up movie, as was Ep5. Maybe the best two of the 6. (Did I really just say that?!?!!!!!)

As others have noted, the epic saber duels. Being something of scholar warrior, the athleticism of the PT was so much more in line for what I think we all expect from Jedi.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #29
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
There are a good many things that I like about the prequels, but my favorite is Obi-Wan using a blaster to kill General Grievous and then his line afterwards. It took me back to Alec Guinness line in A New Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Guinness’ Obi-Wan
Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan
"So uncivilized."

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #30
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Killing younglings
That one kid who asks what's going on... when Vader ignites his lightsaber that kid takes a half-step back... that kid made that entire moment with that move, not knowing what his master intended but still looking so trusting... and then having that moment where the Force was probably telling him he was in danger but he was too young to act on it.

The Emperor revealed
After the Knighting of Darth Vader... which in itself is an awesome scene that sends chills down your spine... but when Palpatine pulls over the hood and you see him for the first time, his mask taken off and his true face revealed... that was one hell of a moment.

Threepio's lost memories
That one line uttered by Bail Organa at the end of RotS telling Captain Antilles to wipe Threepio's memory... brilliant XD It was a great funny moment but also a profound moment that connected Ep4 with 5 in that it reveals very clearly why Threepio acts the way he does in ANH and why Artoo acts the way he does. Artoo knows Tatooine, who Obi-wan is, the grander mission beyond delivering the plans to the Rebellion... while Threepio has just heard tales from Artoo about adventures they had before his memory wipe and has no idea what's going on lol.

Subtle changes the PT causes in the OT
The changes I'm talking about aren't the DVD changes like Hayden at the end of Jedi... I'm talking about the more subtle changes the PT had where nothing was changed, but your knowledge of the PT change the meaning of some of the things in the OT.

For example, when Obi-wan looks at Artoo and says "I don't remember ever owning a droid... very interesting". Before the PT it's simply a curious conundrum of why this strange droid is even looking for him and is solved moments later when Leia's message is played. After the PT it became a scene where Obi-wan recognises Artoo and realises that it's time to enact the plans that he, Yoda and Bail Organa set up all those years ago.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #31
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Obi-Wan vs. Maul. A thirty-second diamond buried in a two-hour turd.

Palpatine, before GL assassinated his character in Ep. III.

And, of course:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo Vader
YOU'LLNOTTAKEHERFROMME!!!!1!11!11one
Can't think of anything else offhand. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Ok, so John Williams' work has taken a bit of a dive in quality over the last 15 years
That's a bit of an understatement.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 09-20-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Qui-Gon
Kenobi
Palpatine
Awesome mechanical designs
Lightsaber fights
The view into the larger SW world

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 AM   #33
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
The TPM duel with Darth Maul and Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan. It's been the only lightsaber duel in all of the movies where I thought seriously "Oh, crap, the 2 Jedi just might lose this one", because Ray Park is such a phenomenal martial artist. Seeing Yoda kick butt in multiple duels and actually survive Order 66 was also win.
Couldn't agree more

Plus the soundtrack for me, Duel of the Fates is legendary!

Quote:
Yeah, when Ki-Adi turned around and realised that he was about to be betrayed...

Though the only thing about the Jedi purge that annoys me is how easily some of the Jedi were killed off. I expected a lot more lasers from a lot more directions to take Ki-Adi out and he could've at least deflected some of them.
Especially when you watch the Clone Wars tv series and all these Jedi are Godlike in their fighting abilities.

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #34
LordVader1
Banned

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
Obi Wan vs Anakin
LordVader1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #35
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Maul, the Pod Race, Lightsaber Duels, Luke & Leia's Mother, Anakin/Vader's mother, Jango, Young-ish Yoda.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #36
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I second the sentiments about Order 66. Some great moments there. Ki and the youngling slaughter are the strongest for me.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #37
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Always thought the Jedis went down like pussies though, even with the element of surprise...

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #38
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
youngling slaughter
That one kid in that scene who had the lines was brilliant, the way he half flinched the moment Vader ignites his lightsaber made that entire scene.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #39
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
That one kid in that scene who had the lines was brilliant, the way he half flinched the moment Vader ignites his lightsaber made that entire scene.
That was rather poignant. The fight scene with Maul was probably the best part of TPM. The action scenes with the clone troopers and when you see them boarding the ships on Kamino for the first time for AotC. The aforementioned Order 66 scenes and Palpatine in general for RotS.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #40
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Call me crazy, but one of my favorite parts of the trilogy is the scene where Anakin is arguing with Obi-Wan in the gunship after Padme falls out of it. It just really like the dialogue, and in particular Hayden's performance in that particular scene; it comes off as one of the disappointingly scarce times in the films when it [the performance] shows us exactly what the character is feeling.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > What we love about the prequel trilogy