So, this has bugged me for a while. I play KotoR and TSL almost exclusively with the mouse, only tapping the keyboard when it's the only option. I tend to recline in my chair a bit. And holding B to walk seems kind of messed up to me.
I prefer to walk, and hold a key to run instead.
So I worked up a fix. Not sure if anyone else has done this, but it's a simple change (I'm kind of embarassed I didn't think of it sooner!), but nevertheless, if anyone else has this monkey on their back, here is the fix.
Note: You will need KotoR Tool for this.
1. Go to your Override first, and look to see if "creaturespeed.2da" is in there. If it is, skip the next step and go to step 3.
2. Using KotoR Tool, go to the KotoR 2 section. BIFs -> 2da.bif -> creaturespeed.2da. Click Extract file and put it on your Desktop.
3. Now open the creaturespeed.2da on your desktop with KT.
4. The very top line should read "PC Movement". Go over to WalkRate and RunRate and just swap the numbers (1.70 <-> 5.40).
5. Click another area on the 2DA, in order to make the changes stick. Then go to File -> Save as 2DA v2.b. It should save to the Desktop.
6. Dump the new CreatureSpeed.2da into your KotoR 2 override folder. Now you hold B to run and walking is your normal mode of travel.
If there is already something about this, I apologize. The staff is free to delete it, of course. I just thought others with little modding knowledge my like this little add in.
I just prefer walking more, to prevent accidentally tripping traps, or from barging into stuff.
If the walking speed is a bit too slow, you can always just increase the #(1.70) to something like (2.00) or (2.50) to get it a bit faster.