lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Workbenches don't work!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Amateursurgeon
Lurker

Workbenches don't work!

Hi there,

I've just started playing Kotor 1 and I can't get the workbench to work.

I've tried the one in the Vulkar base, and at the hideout on Taris, and they both give the same problem. Here's what happens:

1. I open the workbench, and some of the upgradeable weapons seem to be in the wrong category. For example, the prototype vibroblade shows up in ranged weapons, and Mission's vibroblade shows up in Armor.

2. Even though I have loads of appropriate upgrades (mesh, hair trigger, scope, vibration cell etc.). None of them show up in the workbench screen when I click on the item.

I'm running v1.3 downloaded via Steam on Windows 7 32 bit, the only mod is the disappearing Rubat Crystal Fix.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Amateursurgeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Isn't that disappearing Rubat crystal fix a KotOR 2 mod?

Try removing it and then doing an area transition or two before trying to use a workbench.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Isn't that disappearing Rubat crystal fix a KotOR 2 mod?
Why yes, it is only for TSL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Try removing it and then doing an area transition or two before trying to use a workbench.
That should probably do it....

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Amateursurgeon
Lurker

Thanks - that fixed it!

The game seems less stable than before (crashing after autosaves), but all I did was remove an override file. Very strange, but I can live with it.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Your saves from that point on will be troublesome. They have been infected with an expectation of a wacky upgrade.2da. Even though the file is gone, unfortunately your playthrough of this PC will experience lingering hiccups.

A new game will fix the instability. Sorry there isn't better news.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Amateursurgeon
Lurker

That's a shame. I should have paid more attention to the notes when I was looking at mods/bugfixes.

I don't fancy restarting, as I'm 10 hours in now.

If it becomes too much of a problem, I guess I could always put the upgrade file back and take it out to use the workbench. Although that may cause other bugs I suppose.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
There are savegames available in the Holowan Labs subforum that you alter with KSE to fit your character/inventory/globals and continue on from there.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Amateursurgeon
Lurker

I didn't know about those - thanks for letting me know.

For now I've fixed the instability by disabling autosave in the ini file. I don't use the autosaves anyway, so it doesn't really impact on my enjoyment.

Thanks for your help!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Workbenches don't work!