lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 4 Force Powers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
[K1] 4 Force Powers

From the readme:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readme
KotOR I Force Power Pack

By Darth InSidious

************************************************** *******************************************
UNDER _NO_ CIRCUMSTANCE IS THIS MOD, OR ANY DERIVATE OR PART THEREOF, OR ANY OF MY OTHER MODS
TO BE UPLOADED NOWHERE, AS PART OF A TORRENT OR AT ANY OTHER WEBSITE, FTP, SERVER ETC., EXCEPT BY MYSELF.
************************************************** *******************************************

Description

This mod adds four new, three-tier Force Powers to KotOR - Rage, Scorch, Revitalise and Floating Lightsabres. 1 is Light Side, 1 is Dark Side, and there are two Universal Force Powers.

You may recognise a few of these names from TSL or Jedi Academy, and that's because I have now recreated them for K1.

Rage: Dark Side power, available at Level 13. Gives the user a bonus of +4 to Strength, +3 to Dexterity,+2 to Constitution for 20 seconds and a 50% speed bonus, while there is also a penalty of -3 to Intelligence, -2 to Wisdom, -1 to Charisma; after that the character's FPs are severely depleted, as are the character's VPs. Further, the penalties to Wisdom/Intelligence/Charisma remain, and the bonuses to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution are now penalties for 10 seconds.

Knight Rage: Dark Side power, available at Level 16. Same as above, but the bonuses have increased to +4 STR, +4 DEX, +3 CON, and the penalty has increased to -4 STR, -3 DEX, -3 CON; the WIS/INT/CHA penalties remain the same.

Master Rage: Dark Side power, available at Level 19. Same as above, but the bonuses have increased to STR +5, DEX +4, CON +4; the penalties remain the same.

Revitalise: Light Side power, available at Level 9. Allows you to restore to life any non-droid party member killed in combat, restoring 10 VPs.

Knight Revitalise: Light Side power, available at Level 12. Same as above, but will restore 20 VPs.

Master Revitalise: Light Side power, available at Level 15. Same as above, but will restore 30 VPs.

Scorch: Universal power, available at Level 9. Projects a spray of flame at the target, causing damage.

Knight Scorch: Universal power, available at Level 12. Same as above, but does twice the damage.

Master Scorch: Universal power, available at Level 15. Same as above Scorch, but does three times the damage.

Floating Lightsabres I: Universal power, available at Level 10. Spawns a single lightsabre, to help you in combat, which lasts for 20 seconds . Without giving too much away, this should remind people who've played TSL of the final battle...These sabres will be a different colour depending on your alignment if you are Light Side – blue for guardians, green for consulars, yellow for sentinels, or red if you are Dark Side.

Floating Lightsabres II: Universal power available at Level 13. Same as above, but spawns two lightsabres, which last for 30 seconds.

Floating Lightsabres III: Universal power available at Level 16. Same as above, but spawns three lightsabres, which last for 40 seconds.

Installation
To install this mod, simply double click the "Install 'K1 FP Pack' by Darth InSidious.exe' file, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Known Bugs
-The floating lightsabres have humanoid shadows. Sorry, but this seems to be someting to do with the game engine itself...
-The floating lightsabres have humanoid shadows. Sorry, but this seems to be someting to do with the game engine itself...
-Some people - those with Radeon graphics cards, in particular - may run into some graphical issues - namely, the lightsabres appearing to have an all-black 'body'. I've tried to get rid of this effect, but have had no luck so far.
-For some reason, I occasionally have problems with the KotOR Tool .utc editor when I use this mod. This may just be a problem for
my system, though.

Contact
Got a bug? Query? Just want to say 'hi'? You should be able to reach me by private message at http://www.lucasforums.com,
on the comments for this mod at KotORFiles, at http://forums.team-gizka.org, or at http://inyri.flowinternet.net/forum .

Legal Disclaimer
All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc.,
Kotor Tool belongs to Fred Tetra, NWNSSCOMP belongs to Edward T. Smith.
I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed
as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.
Use it how you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivate mod, or use it in another mod, you must ask me first – you may not do so without my _expressed_ consent, and a denial of such consent is final.

Thanks to:
Fred Tetra for the truly awesome KotOR tool and his nwnsscomp conversion;
Darth333 for the initial inspiration for this mod – her own 'Learning the Ways of the Force' mod for TSL. ;
stoffe -mkb- for help with tweaking the Revitalise script, and for the truly amazing TSLPatcher ;
jmac7142 for the KSG, which is a great help in creating the base for a Force Power script;
Holowan in general for being helpful, friendly and all the rest of the good stuff it is ;
KotORFiles, for being simply the best website in the history of the internet...Propaganda? What's that? ;
Lucasarts and Bioware for KotOR, and Obsidian, too, for TSL, without which, I couldn't have made this .
Screenshot:

DeadlyStream Download Link

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?

Last edited by Darth InSidious; 02-26-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added DeadlyStream link
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Holy crap! Looks awesome!
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #3
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Lookin' good.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Ghost Down

Damn, can't wait to download it!

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 AM   #5
sekan

I'll will for certain download this.

[size=1] My mods | My webiste
Are you trying to foooooool me?
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #6
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Looking good DI!

You do know that lightsaber is spelt lightsaber and not lightsabre though right?

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Darth_Raptura
Rookie

It makes me want to play through K1 again. I will probably find meself using scorch and rage a lot
Darth_Raptura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #8
murdrax
Rookie

holysmokes ill definatel;y download this as well!!
murdrax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #9
2Cold Scorpio
Rookie

This will be a definite download for me. Loocks wicked!

Errr, question: will the powers work on an existing save game, or do you need to start a new game?

2Cold Scorpio, Rogues' Guild class 1A
www.GuildCom.us

"By the ancient spirits' rites, the old ghosts proclaim their rights; still they're lost in time." -"Blood on My Hands", Demons & Wizards
"We'll build a perfect beast with the knowledge they seek; if it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" -"Prophecy", Iced Earth
"If you'll pardon my stealing of movie lines: The Force is with us" -Ronald W. Reagan
2Cold Scorpio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #10
EGJason
Rookie

Current Game: Halo 3, KOTOR, TSL
Ooooo... Pretty!
You got my download and 2Cold I don't think you'll need a new game

Your Local Manically Laughing Evil Mastermind!

EGJason is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
This is a definite DL for me.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Lordjedi
Forumite

Current Game: Red Dead Redemption
Looks great
BTW: What robe are you wearing?

My Mods
Jedi Replacement Robe|Combat Mandalorians| Darth Bandon Clothing Reskin|Party Member Reskins| Female Republic Solider Reskin|Enhanced Mira

"Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up, meatbags. - HK-47
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
herosinger
Rookie

Looks awesome!

"We have not even to risk the adventure alone; for the heroes of all time have gone before us..." - Joseph Campbell

herosinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cold Scorpio
This will be a definite download for me. Loocks wicked!

Errr, question: will the powers work on an existing save game, or do you need to start a new game?
I think they'll work on an existing save game.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #15
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
If anybody has had a hard time with this mod using the floating lightsabers, no worries. DI is working on that. It will be up on FileFront once that part is resolved.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Filefront link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...e_Powers;87989

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #17
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Cool, Kotor2 inspired Force Powers. Love them! Scorch also looks very nice.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

Very nice.. I was looking forward to playing Kotor again on my PC, and this will allow for one heck of a game Great work!

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
Fredi
El Guapo

Sweet ... Lookin' good!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Nice work DI. I have downloaded it, saved to my little private archive of all things KotOR.

I will play through it when Solomon's Revenge is released... I imagine it will help me get through some sticky situations!

I especially like having Revitalise...
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #21
Darth_Raptura
Rookie

any chance you would put rage and scorch in TSL? If not, then still a nice mod anyway.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
DarthSeverus
Rookie

TSL effectively has rage already, it's the Sith Marauder specific power Fury
DarthSeverus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #23
Darth_Raptura
Rookie

sorry about that, I have never played as a sith marauder. I usually go for lightside. When I played dark, I went with sith lord.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
EGJason
Rookie

Current Game: Halo 3, KOTOR, TSL
Love the Mod Darth Insidious...

Great Job really adds a varity to the game.

Lovin' It!!
Thanks,
EGJason

Your Local Manically Laughing Evil Mastermind!

EGJason is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #25
Darth Xander
Riding Pterodactyls

Current Game: Star Wars KOTOR II
Woohoo a floating saber power for K1 just awesome!! Thanks DI.

Darth Xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Raptura
any chance you would put rage and scorch in TSL? If not, then still a nice mod anyway.
Scorch comes with my 'Tomb of Azgath N'Dul' mod for TSL - it's in the 2.0 version.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #27
DarthSeverus
Rookie

Is the hp penaty of rage supposed to be all my PC's hp cause each time I've used this power (and I dark sided myself completely) I died, even as a high level character, or is this total hp loss a bug?
DarthSeverus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #28
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Love the floating lightsabers nice job

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #29
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSeverus
Is the hp penaty of rage supposed to be all my PC's hp cause each time I've used this power (and I dark sided myself completely) I died, even as a high level character, or is this total hp loss a bug?
I've had this problem as well, though otherwise these powers worked perfectly and I usually play as a light-sider anyways.

Great mod!

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #30
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

It should leave you with 1 HP, if I recall correctly.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 04-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #31
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I also had the same problem with the Rage Power.

I activated it and my PC collapsed after 10 seconds at most.

Because of this i nolonger use Rage, i still love the others though.

Excellent work.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #32
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Wink Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSeverus View Post
I had this problem too guys, if you edit on the di_rage1 script the line started with: effect eEffect11=... to a constant HP damage the PC will collapse (by the effort done?) only if he/she is weak, I mean if she/he is short of vitality points when the power is called, change that line (and the other rage scripts) to something like this:

effect eEffect11 = EffectDamage(80, DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL, DAMAGE_POWER_NORMAL);

this works better for me at least ... hope it helps

ah! and by the way, the revitalise series of powers have no animation right? or it's just me?

Thanks for this great mod DI, love calling rage just because those animations heh!!

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040

Last edited by GeorgNihilus; 01-04-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: forgot something
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #33
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
I had this problem too guys, if you edit on the di_rage1 script the line started with: effect eEffect11=... to a constant HP damage the PC will collapse (by the effort done?) only if he/she is weak, I mean if she/he is short of vitality points when the power is called, change that line (and the other rage scripts) to something like this:

effect eEffect11 = EffectDamage(80, DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL, DAMAGE_POWER_NORMAL);

this works better for me at least ... hope it helps
Well, it is meant to be risky.

Quote:
ah! and by the way, the revitalise series of powers have no animation right? or it's just me?
IIRC, they use the same VFX as Cure.
Quote:
Thanks for this great mod DI, love calling rage just because those animations heh!!
Thanks.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 02-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #34
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

This mod is now downloadable from DeadlyStream.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > 4 Force Powers