lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Spammy Vistor messages
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Spammy Vistor messages

Has anyone else been getting any spam-related visitor messages? Lately I have been bombarded with the messages like this one:

Quote:
. Before as i was in fact executing a course regarding our Authorized Managing Consultant documentation, I had produced some discussions and among the instructors. This guy preserved nevertheless my best option on the subject of benefits must have been a misconception, and therefore the realism involving talking to was in fact the numerous days Simply put i paid out making use of the shopper. His own approach was initially in which valued clients will have to be capable of get at giant appeal from this services, but I can potentially mainly earn money from the volume of a long time Simply put i functioned a result of the hide aspect about "value"
http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=170580

and I press the report button for spam at least once everytime I check in (sometimes twice). Just an FYI to the mods I have disabled visitor messaging altogether.

Blix is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Unfortunately over the weekend we've seen quite a bit of spambot activity, particularly concerning visitor messaging, although they seem limited to only a few members - we ban them as soon as we find them, but it still seems that they manage to fire off these nonsensical messages before we do.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause, but I'd suggest that if anyone else is having the same problem it might be worth disabling visitor messages as well until we can stem the problem.

Astor is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Why can we not delete visitor messages? Or if we can, how?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I took care of your new buddy Tommycat, I thought you could. I remember getting questioned for why I didn't delete a VM on my profile once (before I was a moderator). I'll check it out and let you know. Until then if you get any more just report it or PM me. Even if you figure out how to delete them before I get back to you, please still report or PM so that I can ban the bot.

Last edited by mimartin; 11-29-2011 at 12:36 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Haha first thing I did was report. Then looked for how to delete them.

Not a problem anymore because I just disabled visitor messages.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Sorry, guess I don't get those reports. If anyone else has reported, but not had them deleted yet, just PM Lynk me.

Also stoffe did say only moderators can delete VMs, so I guess I was already a Kavars moderator when my problem happened.

mimartin is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I feel left out, nobody spammed my VMs, just not cool enough I guess.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
The spam visitor messages should stop now, hopefully... we've made it so that only people with a post count of 5+ can post visitor messages in a member's profile so that should stop spambots long enough for us to ban them since they seem to post regular forum posts along with their spammy vm's.

Lynk Former is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #9
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
I feel left out, nobody spammed my VMs, just not cool enough I guess.
;_____________;

Pho3nix is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I've been getting over 9000 spam VM's... obviously I'm too kool for skool,,, yo.

Anyway, this has been resolved... OR HAS IT?

It has... so this thread is no longer of any use and must be put down.

Lynk Former is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > Spammy Vistor messages