lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Resident Evil 6
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Resident Evil 6

Soooo, this thing was announced on Thursday with an extensive debut trailer:

View page
YouTube Video

I know there are quite a few RE fans out here, so I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't beat me to it.

The trailer itself comes with a lot of action, but also with some story info. Apparently, there will be more protagonists this time, with Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield making a return, along with an unknown new protagonist. I haven't really seen the plaga effect on the zombies in the trailer, so this might mean a return to the T-virus, or perhaps something completely new, seeing how there are certain new creatures in there.

I've enjoyed RE4 and RE5 quite a bit on my PC, so I'm looking forward to the RE6 "PC version to follow at a later date". Anyone else interested in this game? Thoughts? Speculation? Other stuff?

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Meh. I never did like these games. I played four and five, didn't care. But I'll give this one a try, see if it can change my opinion on Capcom.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
They're clearly trying to appease the fans who miss the old T-virus zombie shooting on Raccoon City. At least that's what I've been able to gather after discussing trailer impression with some long-time fans. All at the same time they're trying to innovate by what seems to be a "CoD-ing" of the franchise: having multiple characters on the rooster in apparently different locations.

Can't say the trailer was enough get my pumped but it sure hinted at some new features that seem to be coming. I'm confident the next trailers will look more cinematographic and slowly less informative heh.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
It's interesting that they've finally put Leon and Chris in the same game since they've been apart for all of this time and because Leon was created to counter Chris.

The trailer was pretty serious business, but if they can get some of the campiness back into the series that was in Resident Evil 4 and inject a bit of humour back in there then a lot of us won't facepalm and think they're taking themselves way too seriously like a lot of people thought 5 was doing.

I'm a huge fan of Leon so just having him and Ada in this game is enough for me to look forward to it. The fact that he has to end up shooting Ashley'd dad (the President) is even cool because there's this character dynamic between them, that even if it's just a cameo thing, I'd really like to see.

....also, this thread should be in Coronet City

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
bah.... Not all of us play that game Lynk
Sorry I have no interest.

But I am interested in RE6, so thanks igyman!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 01-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
It's interesting that they've finally put Leon and Chris in the same game since they've been apart for all of this time and because Leon was created to counter Chris.
Agreed, and as I've said the usage of multiple protagonists definitely has me interested. While the ability to play with more than one character was there in RE1 and RE2, this seems a bit different. From the trailer, it seems like it's all one big campaign that will switch between characters at appropriate story points, instead of letting the player choose a character at the beginning and play with that one from start to finish. I guess the other possibility could be that there are three separate, yet smaller campaigns - one for each character - which is another thing I'll be interested in hearing about, when/if some info is released.

Quote:
The fact that he has to end up shooting Ashley'd dad (the President) is even cool because there's this character dynamic between them, that even if it's just a cameo thing, I'd really like to see.
I'd definitely like to see Ashley make a return, unless it's to be killed off (that would make all the trouble in RE4 kinda pointless, IMO). On a related note, some people are speculating that the blonde girl with the third unnamed protagonist is Ashley, while others think it's Birkin's daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
All at the same time they're trying to innovate by what seems to be a "CoD-ing" of the franchise: having multiple characters on the rooster in apparently different locations.
Yeah, in the trailer it definitely looks like it's more action-oriented, than survival-oriented. Still, it's probably too early to tell for sure. I do hope they don't go completely down the action route.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
bah.... Not all of us play that game Lynk
Sorry I have no interest.
LOL, I half-expected Lynk to say:

This thread should be at TwilightLynk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
But I am interested in RE6, so thanks igyman!
Heh, no problem!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I don't care much for the RE games, but have you guys seen the logo for this one?

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
I see a horse or a doe?

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

spoiler:
A woman with bound hands is giving fellatio to a giraffe who is standing upright and wearing boots

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
igyman
Tension!

Apparently the blonde with the new unnamed main character has been confirmed as Ashley Graham. Also, there are some some small bits of additional info.

EDIT: Dammit, Sabre, now I can't unsee it!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
@ Qui-Gon Glenn: Psh. fine, don't be a community builder.

@ igyman: Yeah a lot of things have been confirmed. 3 storylines, one with Leon in a Raccoon City-like situation, then another with Chris in China and then a third with that new guy... you play one characters story arc one after the other... apparently you can choose which one to play at the start menu, there's no particular order that's forced on you... but after you complete all three the fourth, Ada story arc, opens up.

Also, I really hope they get all of the relevant voice actor's to come back and do their parts... I don't want Ashley with a different voice

"Help me, Leon!"

XD

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Build one by pillaging another

It's all good, I am glad there is activity over there, and hopefully some new blood.

------

I haven't played RE since... #2?!?

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Resident Evil 6