lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Recruit Ice
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Recruit Ice

So Ice is one the duelist on Taris. I've always wanted her in my party. Wouldn't it be awesome if after you kill Bendak Starkiller that when you go to talk to Ice if you get the choice to add her to your party. She could replace Mission. Personaly I always hated having Mission around.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
What all would you want from it? Like a sidequest, but like... there's a lot of things tht go along with a recruitment mod. unless you simply want her, then it's just a simple script and then the recruitment dialogue, which will be simple. If you want her to have dialogue, you should also realize it'll need to be silent or whatever.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
LOL this would be sick I do not have the ability to do this mod but I will +1 the request.

Last edited by 90SK; 12-20-2011 at 10:07 PM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
storm-rider
Rookie

Current Game: A variety
Why not just use KSE if you just want the character?
storm-rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Snard
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan Sadow View Post
If you want her to have dialogue, you should also realize it'll need to be silent or whatever.
Not necessarily; You could redo all of her dialogue with a different voice actor, since she doesn't have very many lines. This way her voice would be the same all throughout.

Snard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dagron View Post
So Ice is one the duelist on Taris. I've always wanted her in my party. Wouldn't it be awesome if after you kill Bendak Starkiller that when you go to talk to Ice if you get the choice to add her to your party. She could replace Mission. Personaly I always hated having Mission around.
Well, it's time for thread necromancy. Since no one has offered to do so, I think that I may make this mod. Is anything special you want done in this mod, in addition to recruiting Ice? (i.e. sidequest, custom item, etc.)

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
90SK
Universal Figment

Make her speak female twilek maybe so there are no silent voiceovers, and retro it on to her pre-recruited dialog. I think there is a considerable amount of space for expansion here that won't be particularly difficult I too will offer my services Ferc Kast PM me!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Progress update: I have scripts made for recruiting Ice and deleting the pre-recruited Ice, which work perfectly (after a minor struggle.) I also have the recruited Ice utc made, as well as a custom portrait row. So, it's moving along fairly decent. I'm about to start making the actual pre-recruited dialog, as well as the post-recruited dialog.

I do have a quick question: Does anyone know how to do the render portrait for the party screen? (See screenshot below; The render portrait, or whatever one calls it, is where I have Mission's default picture as a placeholder in the screenshot.)
Show spoiler

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You would have to get a screenshot similar to the one used, try the alignment screen, and then crop out the Light/Dark meter. Then, you'd have to name it po_pmission3.tga, or whatever the name of your regular portrait is.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snard View Post
Not necessarily; You could redo all of her dialogue with a different voice actor, since she doesn't have very many lines. This way her voice would be the same all throughout.
Yes, but finding a female voice actor is incredibly hard to do. Finding any voice actor for that matter is incredibly difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 SK View Post
Make her speak female twilek maybe so there are no silent voiceovers, and retro it on to her pre-recruited dialog. I think there is a considerable amount of space for expansion here that won't be particularly difficult I too will offer my services Ferc Kast PM me!
Uh. No. Alien VOs are so overrated, besides... there's not a single party member that speaks alien (besides Zaalbar and wookies can't really speak basic so...) not only that, it would get annoying to hear Twileki every few seconds... as well as the fact that it would downgrade the number of downloads.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
90SK
Universal Figment

Just an idea. Anything is better than silent dialog and I think dialog for Ice would be neat.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Recruit Ice