lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Revan all along" mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
FallenJedi1
Rookie

"Revan all along" mod

I want to make a mod, but do not have the supplies, so I will explain it and see if anyone will help me. It starts at the beginning of the game, when trask wakes you up. One of the first options will be you saying something about remembering revan. Revelation movie occurs. after movie, Trask is cofused and you realize you are truly Revan. you fight Trask after trying to get him to join you. Instead of Carth on your comunicator, it`s a sith soldier. going through the Endar Spire is now with the republic soldiers killing the sith, and you fighting the republic. you get to Darth Bandon and try to get him to join you and he will turn you down, several sith who followed you through the spire will say trasks dialouge although with variations, and they run forward to confront Bandon. You go through the next part of the spire and confront a republic scout and other such things. you get to the escape pod and see carth passed out on the floor. the sith soldier explains how he knocked out carth and they should interrogate him down on taris. this is what I have so far, and I know it will take a loooooong time, but more to come anyways!

Last edited by FallenJedi1; 10-24-2010 at 04:41 PM.
FallenJedi1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Viado Onasi
Rookie

Current Game: NCAA 13
interesting idea. You would have to change the whole story of the game though.
Viado Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Yes, that will be why it takes a while, and I`m sure with enough time alone in my room, I could get it done in about, 1 or 2 years. with help of course.

Last edited by FallenJedi1; 10-24-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Viado Onasi
Rookie

It depends on what you want to have in it.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Jedi/Sith
Rookie

This seems like it would be a really cool mod.
Jedi/Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Thanks, but I will probably need modelers and other stuff to help me, sooooooo. I still need to wait till about end of spring, beginning of summer to get my own computer.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
Viado Onasi
Rookie

seems like a "Revan all the Time" mod. XD
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Good point, but this is him realizing he has been Revan all along
Old 10-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
.:Sam:.
Rookie

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIII
It sounds like a good idea. I guess I'll be the one to say it. xD Do you have any experience modifying Knights of the Old Republic? In any case, if you develop on this idea it could be succesful and fun.

.:Sam:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
FallenJedi1
Rookie

I do not have much experience, but I know how to use kotor tool, kind of. but that is why I am asking for help.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
Rookie

In my opinion half the fun is learning, so I actually do think going to the deep end straight away is beneficial. If you need any help drop me a PM or something and I'll see what assistance I can be.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #12
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Well, what are you good at? I could use a modeler to make some new clothes and such.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm afraid modeling is my weak spot. If I'm to be perfectly honest though, I wouldn't really worry about modeling so soon. It's entirely up to you though however but I'd suggest focusing on getting some form of work to showcase first, and if it looks like it holds potential people with abilities in that area will come to you. Lol.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #14
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Well, I`m thinking about releasing it for each planet and such first, then going into greater detail with everything.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
I actually started something similar to this, though I stopped once I finished the Endar Spire (I lost my data).
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
aaah this sounds like the ultimate sith edition of KotoR. Good idea hope you get it done.
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
I would love to see this done. I might be interested it helping. I'll let you know on that decision.

BTW I am decent at skinning.

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This looks like a request to me. There for moving...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #19
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Send me a message with details about what your good at, and if it`s what I`m looking for you can get started.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #20
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Taris, part1: You wake up and see you are in an apartment on Taris. the sith soldier from the Endar Spire is with you. Carth wakes up and starts fighting you, right before he runs out of health, combat ends and carth starts talking to you. he realizes he can`t defeat you and passes out again. the sith soldier now is called Kates-1247, but he tells you to call him "12". You go over to carth and he wakes back up, you successfully get him to join you.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #21
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
^^^ You will hear this a few times, but finding a competent voice actor to do Carth VO's is going to be your hardest task. Of course, you can ignore VO's for established characters...

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
finding a competent voice actor to do Carth VO's is going to be your hardest task.
Carth won`t really have an important role. ONLY READ ON IF YOU WANT A MAJOR SPOILER. He is going to die on another planet anyway, so there is no need to do a V.O.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
Viado Onasi
Rookie

You could have them in the sith base on Taris, and not an apartment.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viado Onasi View Post
You could have them in the sith base on Taris, and not an apartment.
That is a good idea, "12" could have told them I lost my armor in the crash. Thanks for the idea!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #25
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenJedi1 View Post
Carth won`t really have an important role. ONLY READ ON IF YOU WANT A MAJOR SPOILER. He is going to die on another planet anyway, so there is no need to do a V.O.
You think that an 'important' role matters in anything? There are countless characters that don't have 'important' roles in KotOR, yet they have VOs. If you plan to do the majority of this without VOs, expect few people to be interested in helping or downloading... also, it is hard to find Voice Actors... however, there are Voice Editing equipments that you can edit your own voice to change them for others.

And I don't want to discourage you, but you'll need a team to be able to pull this off successfully. You'll have to edit everything... possibly even take Dantooine off the map completely... which will lead to less downloads and you'll have to create scripts that allow you to be a Jedi/Sith from the beginning of the game... and it's possible Bastila will have to be extracted from the game, for she would serve no purpose, unless Revan corrupted her during their encounter on his Flagship... you'd lose Juhani (not that most people would complain about that).

However if you are adamant about doing it... I will help as much as I can. I've thought about doing a mod very similar... and I can do most files and scripts in less than two minutes. I can not, however model or skin... and VOs are not possible for me right now.

Last edited by Canaan Sadow; 11-09-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: realized I used a double negative...
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #26
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
You don't actually need to take Dantooine off the map.

All you'd need is to make a new area for Revans shuttle to land on so that the PC can do some quests on the planet.

Such as retriving Bastila.

Or, this mod could be combined with the 'Slaughter The Council' mod. Or re-create said mod into this mod.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #27
Canaan Sadow

Not quite sure how that'd go about. Not only would you need to slaughter the council... but all the Jedi within and everyone else... that would be simple to do, but where would Bastila spawn? What about the "Jedi" prisoner on Taris? There's just a lot of questions that would need to be answered... not to mention that Revan's sect of Sith would be broken off from Malak's. So the Sith that control Taris could be under Malak's control, in an attempt to find his old master and slaughter him personally. So, you wouldn't want to waltz into their Sith base and be like "Oh lollipop, lollipop... oh right... I'm Revan, serve me!" Instant death from Malak's followers. >.>
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #28
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Well, I was planning on having you go into the base, slaughter everyone, try to turn that sith guy that you get the codes from, he denies and you kill him. And I will leave Dantooine on the map, that is where the real hunt for Bastila begins.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #29
Canaan Sadow

I still ask
Quote:
What about the "Jedi" prisoner on Taris?
and what about a LS ending? Would you be restricted to DS only ending? If not, then Vandar would have to escape, without him dying...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #30
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Jedi prisoner? Do you mean Bastila then will have them escape Taris after you free them, somehow. And I also want to know a script to turn characters hostile.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #31
Canaan Sadow

No, the "Jedi" prisoner that the Black Vulkars captured. That script is fairly simple....
Code:
void main() 
{
// main npc
 object oNPC=GetObjectByTag("npc_tag");
 ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC, 1);

// thugs (if there are any)
 object oThug1 = GetObjectByTag("npc1_tag");
 object oThug2 = GetObjectByTag("npc2_tag");
 object oThug3 = GetObjectByTag("npc3_tag");

ChangeToStandardFaction(oThug1, 1);
 ChangeToStandardFaction(oThug2, 1);
 ChangeToStandardFaction(oThug3, 1);

ExecuteScript("k_ai_master",oNPC,1005);
}
Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #32
FallenJedi1
Rookie

I am feeling like an idiot, but I don`t remember another jedi prisoner. But thanks for the script.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #33
Canaan Sadow

Bastila is the Jedi Prisoner on Taris, but she obviously couldn't be the prisoner, if she's on Dantooine...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
FallenJedi1
Rookie

No, she escapes Taris after you free her and she flees to Dantooine.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #35
Canaan Sadow

But what would she have been doing on Taris? It's not like you were a board a Republic vessel...
Old 11-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #36
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael'thas Solo View Post
But what would she have been doing on Taris? It's not like you were a board a Republic vessel...
Read my first post, and you`ll find out everything.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #37
Canaan Sadow

Here... I have a... version of that, only altered a bit... I have yet to do the dialogue however, so ignore the Republic talk... I think it'll make more sense... (the only part I don't have is the Bounty Hunter spawning after the PC knocks Carth out, because I don't actually have the play disc right now... but when I do, I'll fix everything...) I think it'll make a little more sense... pm me your email address
Old 11-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #38
FallenJedi1
Rookie

I am having trouble with dialouge, but not anything else, I can`t get them to speak the correct dialouge.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Hello Everybody, I know that it has almost been a year since I last showed any signs of activity, but that is because I did not have any computers to work off of. I have recently purchased a laptop, and my mom and dad are giving me time to adjust to it, and get all of my precious files off of the old computer (which wasn't even mine) that I was working off of. I will most likely alter the plotline of this mod, and make it a total diversion from the plotline of KOTOR, and before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #40
Canaan Sadow

What do you plan on doing? o.O and I no longer have anything from this mod... my computer crashed and I've lost my copy... -shrug- well anyway...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > "Revan all along" mod