lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Making an NPC's Action Cinematic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Gorgod
Rookie

Current Game: Sex
Making an NPC's Action Cinematic

Hey all,

I was just curious as to how you could make an action that an NPC performs "cinematic"- you know, like letterbox. I want the camera to focus on my NPC, Liana, as she walks in the door, then begin speaking. Here's the original script... I'm not sure if I can do it through scripting since it's probably through the dialogue tree or something, however I might as well.

Show spoiler

Last edited by Gorgod; 01-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Gorgod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
JCarter426

Well, you'd have to start the conversation before she speaks, and just have her say anything at first by leaving the node blank and putting a delay on it; I don't believe you can have something look like a dialogue if it's not actually a dialogue. You might have to mess around with the camera angles to get something you like - 1 focuses on the speaker, 2 is behind the listener's shoulder, 3 is a side view, and these will look very different because she's moving. Since no one's talking, you can mess around with the speaker and listener to get more options, but depending on how the area is set up, you may even need to make your own animated camera.

Last edited by JCarter426; 01-08-2012 at 06:48 PM.
JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Gorgod
Rookie

Current Game: Sex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Well, you'd have to start the conversation before she speaks, and just have her say anything at first by leaving the node blank and putting a delay on it; I don't believe you can have something look like a dialogue if it's not actually a dialogue. You might have to mess around with the camera angles to get something you like - 1 focuses on the speaker, 2 is behind the listener's shoulder, 3 is a side view, and these will look very different because she's moving. Since no one's talking, you can mess around with the speaker and listener to get more options, but depending on how the area is set up, you may even need to make your own animated camera.
I think the term I'm looking for is a short animated cutscene- however, I'll try this and see if it works. Thanks.

Gorgod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
JCarter426

Yeah, there's no difference between a dialogue and a cutscene, at least not mechanically. The latter is just the former with no one talking.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Making an NPC's Action Cinematic