lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mdlops totally not working
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Kelvin
Rookie

Mdlops totally not working

Well, basically, while trying to fix something wrong in one mod of mine, some sort of error came to me that didn't let me use any mdlops version, not 0.5 nor 0.6 alpha, once they started writting they fastly came out telling me something, that kinda confused me. I'm not sure if this error comes from mdlops really or it comes from the model i extracted... Anyways, i tried another model i had and it didn't work.

So far i'm losing my interest in modding this game.. Sadly. Have great ideas but cannot make them....

Here's a picture of the error...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/97472366.png/
Kelvin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Kelvin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
Well, basically, while trying to fix something wrong in one mod of mine, some sort of error came to me that didn't let me use any mdlops version, not 0.5 nor 0.6 alpha, once they started writting they fastly came out telling me something, that kinda confused me. I'm not sure if this error comes from mdlops really or it comes from the model i extracted... Anyways, i tried another model i had and it didn't work.

So far i'm losing my interest in modding this game.. Sadly. Have great ideas but cannot make them....

Here's a picture of the error...

Anyone? Does anybody know what's going on? is this a 3ds problem, a mdlops problem or a system problem?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
There is likely something wrong with your exported ascii. You sure it exported correctly?

If it's missing a line of code like 'endnode' or if even a coordinate has a strange amount of decimal places it can cause this sort of problem.

Best thing I can think to do is the ol' resetxform in 3DsMax... unless you're using a Skin modifier, in which case you'll probably lose all of your vertex weight information.

My point is, it's more likely something is wrong with the model than mdlops not working. Though if you're inclined to believe the latter, then you can always redownload mdlops.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Kelvin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
There is likely something wrong with your exported ascii. You sure it exported correctly?

If it's missing a line of code like 'endnode' or if even a coordinate has a strange amount of decimal places it can cause this sort of problem.

Best thing I can think to do is the ol' resetxform in 3DsMax... unless you're using a Skin modifier, in which case you'll probably lose all of your vertex weight information.

My point is, it's more likely something is wrong with the model than mdlops not working. Though if you're inclined to believe the latter, then you can always redownload mdlops.
Mmm, i tried resetxform and still, the error appears. I'll be testing some of my other theories and see what happens.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Send the model my way if you've exhausted all of your options

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Kelvin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Send the model my way if you've exhausted all of your options
o.O I discovered what was the problem, but that gave me another problem T_T. I had a UV problem, it made the texture look bad, i mean, it was ok but the edges were weird.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/naym.png/

So i took the uv from the old model and loaded it into the new one. It somehow did something, don't ask me what, but it didn't let me convert it back to bin, since mdlops detected some error, or something missing or whatever, as seen in this picture:

I may finally try starting from scratch again T_T. Though if anyone knows anyway to fix my UV without making errors that would be just as nice.

Thank you in advance.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mdlops totally not working