Thread: level brightness
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
level brightness

Has anyone else had times on levels where theres shadows and cant see a enemies right in front of you....hate to mess with my monitor settings

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
snommism
Rookie

Yes, there are some "caves" with pretty inadequate lighting and more than once I've run into a mob because I didn't see them...
I believe in full screen you can adjust the gamma, is there any solution for us windowed mode users?
snommism is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
in windowed mode the gamma is tied directly to your systems gamma settings. For example my gamma settings are tied to my nvidia controls so If I want to change it I have to open that up and fiddle with the settings there... but I don't cause even though some areas are darker than black, the gamma is set perfectly for my monitor...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
snommism
Rookie

I'm assuming that affects the whole computer, so I wouldn't want to do that as I am set up correctly outside of the game.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Exactly.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
They should fix that or have enimies highlighted in dark areas

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hrmm, can't say I recall running into this issue. I have the game set to run borderless windowed (same as Lynk and snommism I presume) and my monitor brightness is set to 0. I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled? The only time I haven't seen mobs is with physical obstructions in the form of walls and such (attacking through doorways being an example).
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled?
Yeah, I guess I should turn them on. A lot of the time when I am running I am also hitting tabtabtabtab, I guess the nameplate setting would save me that trouble XD
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > level brightness