lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revenge of the Sith: Anakin force-chokes Padmé
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
EazyEVM
Lurker

Current Game: MW2
Revenge of the Sith: Anakin force-chokes Padmé

On Revenge of the Sith when Anakin is teeming with the dark side and loses his temper with his baby-mama, he decides to use the force to choke her into unconsciousness. What I noticed here was that Obi-Wan intervened and said, "Let her go, Anakin! Let her go." Well, I am one of those dudes who sometimes watches a movie and says to himself, "Self, wouldn't it be cool if that character had said this instead of that?"

It just so happens that at that point in the movie I thought it would have been supremely bad-to-the-ass if Obi-Wan had tried to get Anakin to stop by saying what he said, and then for Anakin to have completely ignored him. Then, Obi-Wan would have realized that Anakin was completely "gone" and was now Darth Vader. Hell, even Yoda told him that he was now Vader. Anyway, once Obi-Wan realized this, I think he should've said, "Vader! Release her!" at which point Vader would have dropped her and then the movie would continue on as is. This would be a throwback to the original trilogy and if they had had this line in the movie I would have jizzed in my pants.

Anyway, please reply with your thoughts on this. For the record, I loved Revenge of the Sith and I do not feel as if the movie is worse in any way without the line I have proposed. However, I do think it would have been better with it.

Thanks and have a great day!

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must."
EazyEVM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
rmars147
Lurker

Its a good point, but I doubt he would have let go any sooner,
Problem with it is that Obi-Wan still believed that Anakin could be turned back, or saved or something invloving not killing him. He might have tried to still talk to him as a friend by naming him Anakin instead of Vader, but who really knows...
\Have a nice day
rmars147 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
It doesn't make too much sense why he'd call him "Vader" anyway, considering he'd only heard that name once in the security recording he saw a few minutes before leaving for the planet, if memory serves, as opposed to the name he'd called him for the 12 years they worked together.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Like rmars said, he belived he could be turned back. He even begged him to come back to the light, saying he could help him. Anakin wasn't truly lost (as proven in ROTJ), but he was overcome with Vader's rage and hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
Antares Navaar
Rookie

Current Game: Hello Kitty Online Adventures
You want to know what I think should have happened?

Anakin chokes Padme.
Obi-Wan runs like hell out of the ship, tackling Anakin by the waist.

The woman. Is. Pregnant. In a galaxy far, far away, there may be magical ninja warriors, but there still isn't a cure for spouse abuse. :C

"Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same."
Antares Navaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares Navaar View Post
You want to know what I think should have happened?

Anakin chokes Padme.
Obi-Wan runs like hell out of the ship, tackling Anakin by the waist.

The woman. Is. Pregnant. In a galaxy far, far away, there may be magical ninja warriors, but there still isn't a cure for spouse abuse. :C
React instead of instruct, yes. To act when another does something that goes against your principles is always a better option. Obi Wan wasted a valuable opening here.

I fought on the battlefield. I retired to embrace a life of discovery and profit. I carve my own path in life and am better for it.
Gerevick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
Silent Descent
Lurker

He is Vader afterall.
Silent Descent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Revenge of the Sith: Anakin force-chokes Padmé