lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How Can I change the Character Creation/Class Selection?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
DeltaVenom
Rookie

Current Game: Too many, ME2...KotOR...
How Can I change the Character Creation/Class Selection?

Ok, so the party part of my mod is done, only one thing remains -- The PLayer.
When you select if you want to be Male/female soldier/scout/scoundrel, obviously, theres one specie - Human. Now, how could I change this? I've seen a Chiss one (but i know thats a new skin, not reusing a model, which i am doing), so I know it has to be possible to an extent. If it's in Kotor Tool/Creature Editor, what file(s) am I looking for?

Oh, and this may be helpful: Say, i want this choice to be Wookiee, theres WookieeM1 (something like that) and WookieeM2, WookieeF1, etc..How would i do it so this would be how it works, and would this be in regular Class Selection, or Portrait? If at all possible, I'd like to disable portrait and give a portrait (made by me, not yet <_<) of the, example, Wookiee head, depending on the class... Because, if I have to select a portrait, it'd get reeaaally glitchy, im betting.
DeltaVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hi DeltaVenom, welcome to the forums

luckily for you, these questions have been answered many times, and by many different modders here. This is a good time to make full use of the search tool, and I'll point you to a few helpful threads to get started.

At the top of the Holowan Laboratories page (above the threads) there is a list of tutorial pages. For adding new heads, I'd suggest looking in the Tutorials: .2da Editing pages. For what it sounds like you want to accomplish (adding a new playable alien and portrait, right?), you'll want to pay attention to threads dealing with heads.2da, appearance.2da and portraits.2da.

Another good place for starter info is the Tutorials: General Tutorials + Tools page, in particular the four threads that have been stickied to the top of the list.

For an example of how to get playable Wookiees into K1, check out my list of Completed Mods, which has several playable aliens, including Wookiees.

Once you've had a chance to look through several tutorials, and you've tried playing around with them, you can always ask specific questions. Don't forget to specify if you are modding K1 or TSL, because there are some slightly different ways of going about things in each of the games (for example; Hex editing models is more important in K1 than TSL).

Anyway, good luck, and don't forget the search tool

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
darth-ackbar
Rookie

Current Game: The Search For Revan
RedRob talks sense, your best bet is to familiarize yourself with the workings of appearance.2da and heads.2da. As for actually making the head, the process will vary slightly depending on what species your going to, like are you going to reskin for a chiss or use a new model for a wookie or selkath. Make sure you're clear on that before you start.

This tutorial seems like what you're looking for: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149992

Search For Revan Website: www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com

Search For Revan LucasForums Thread

<a href=http://www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com target=_blank>http://www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com</a>
darth-ackbar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
DeltaVenom
Rookie

Current Game: Too many, ME2...KotOR...
Ok sweet thanks, I tried searching for HOW to put a portrait in there, but nothing, the ackbar had did have some but it required a specific thing for the tutorial, so it would just screw me up with confusion xD. So everything is set its just the portrait in place.
DeltaVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > How Can I change the Character Creation/Class Selection?