lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Happy 10th Anniversary "Attack of the Clones"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Happy 10th Anniversary "Attack of the Clones"

10 Years ago today, Attack of the Clones opened up in theaters.

View page
YouTube Video

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I remember coming out of the cinema a little disappointed... and confused. There were quite a lot of very obvious awkward moments throughout the movie and you could feel the entire audience latch on to every one of them as they came up and you could tell the people around you felt that things just weren't clicking with this movie. Then when the movie ended and folks left you could hear peoples opinions come out and they were all generally "it's not as good as the older ones"...

With TPM there was this hype of a brand new Star Wars movie and everyone, despite the flaws, was just so excited to be watching a Star Wars movie at a cinema and that it was something new. With RotS there was excitement because, despite its flaws, it went down the dark path we all knew it'd go down and gave us exactly what we all finally wanted to see.

AotC... well, it could've been worse, I guess.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Yeah I remember wanting to like it, but knowing there was just something really wrong with it too...

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I remember reading every single article about the movie before it came out. Everyone was into The Lord of the Rings, but I kept on the Wars.

I was surprised with Jango Fett (basically, what Boba should have been in the OT) and with Christopher Lee. I made the connection between him and Peter Cushing due to some Hammer films, and found it interesting that they both were on Star Wars.

The Clone Wars were a bit different from what I imagined them to be, but it was nice to finally see it.

And I remember the epic moment when Yoda lit his lightsaber and people in the theater were all amazed and excited.

In the end, I still think it's a good movie. Not among the best, but not among the worst either.

P.S: Now that I think of it, Attack of the Clones was the first movie on DVD that I bought.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 05-16-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Yeah, Jango is probably the best thing about Attack of the Clones.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Great year, great film, AOTC was my favorite of the prequals for a long time, and still a great addition to the six. A lot of people have a hard time with the acting (Writing) but my only problem with it was, the pick up shoots had terrible costume department inconsistency (especially Obi Wans beard)

This specific era was the one I had been waiting for since the Original trilogy, Padawan Anakin, young Knight Kenobi, the Jedi in full bloom... Rather than the child Anakin, although TPM has become much better with age IMO, and production-wise is the strongest of the Prequels.

Happy Anniversary Attack of the Clones, I still love you at least

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Wow, ten years already!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about seeing it in 3D next year! That will be awesome to see all the battles in 3D!

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Still think AotC is the only movie I ever took off work for... Take out the completely unbelievable love story and I have little problem with the movie. The Jango vs. Obi-Wan fight was perfect and finally seeing Mace and Yoda in action sold me on the movie. Still love that Jar-Jar played such a essential part in giving Palpatine “Unlimited power!

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
It gave us Jango, Count Dooku and Yoda on steroids. Gotta be thankful for that. I also loved the goofy side of Obi-Wan in this one. Yeah, AOTC may have gotten a lot of flak, but I still remember it as a fun night at the cinema. I really should rewatch it, it's been some time. Happy 10th, Clones!

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
AOTC is my favourite of the prequels. We got to see Coruscant in its full glory for the first time, which was something I had always wanted. We got to see female Jedi in action for the first time (which was a really big deal for me), and we got to see Yoda kicking ass. Happy Ani AOTC, I know not many people love you, but I do.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
jedi_consular16
Rookie

Thought it was not as good as TPM, but still rather enjoyable. The only major qualm I have with it is the progression of the romance between Anakin and Padme. Something about the dialogue or the acting in there just made it seem...forced or something, it disrupted the movie for me.
jedi_consular16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I was mixed on this one. The stuff w/Jango and seeing the clone army and then the last 45 or so minutes being the highlights. The chase on Coruscant was decent too. The prequels never quite lived up to expectations.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Inferior to the OT's but still.. it's Star Wars. Even a bad Star Wars is better than a good Uwe Boll film (remind me later which one of his films are good? )

Best thing to me was that it introduced, as Miltiades mentioned, a deeper, often goofy side to Obi-Wan. And of course the whole Ani/Obi relationship if we include all the PT's.

May not be my favorite, but hey it's Star Wars and always has a place in my heart. Happy 10 Years!

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
but my only problem with it was, the pick up shoots had terrible costume department inconsistency (especially Obi Wans beard)
Indeed. It's one of those things that once you see it, it stands out more each time you watch it. I'd rather have the deleted scenes with Obi-Wan's natural beard, than the reshoots.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
I remember clearly as a kid doing my absolute best to not laugh at the dialogue during the romance scenes. It was just so crappy. If you ask me, the deleted scenes that showed Anakin visiting Padme's house was far better than the ones kept in the movie. I can't really complain about too much else, though.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
Wow, ten years already!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about seeing it in 3D next year! That will be awesome to see all the battles in 3D!
I only hope they've fixed the mistakes they made on the Blu-ray.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #17
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I haven't even seen the BluRays. What mistakes?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #18
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I only hope they've fixed the mistakes they made on the Blu-ray.
Haven't seen the blu-ray, what did George change this time? And for that matter, what was the changes to the others as well, including the new OT, I heard there was quite a bit in that one.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I haven't even seen the BluRays. What mistakes?
Green tint all over the film, and some shots are with a different order (since they haven't changed the score, you notice the difference even more).

See here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
Haven't seen the blu-ray, what did George change this time? And for that matter, what was the changes to the others as well, including the new OT, I heard there was quite a bit in that one.
You have these articles:

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Prequel Trilogy

Episode I

Episode II

Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #20
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

There are some other blu-ray movies that have that strange green tint as well... and it appears to me that it's only with the ones that go through a really cheap half-assed conversion process.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
There are some other blu-ray movies that have that strange green tint as well... and it appears to me that it's only with the ones that go through a really cheap half-assed conversion process.
There were reports that on preview events, the movie was fine.

I only hope the 3D release is fine.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Good times those, I remember skipping out of Math class to go see AOTC and then I saw it again in theaters like once or twice more.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #23
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

...ew 3D

Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
There are some moments in AOTC that are just pure Star Wars to me. Like Zam standing on the Coruscant ledge lining up the shot, or speeders through the Coruscant streets.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #25
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Green tint all over the film, and some shots are with a different order (since they haven't changed the score, you notice the difference even more).

See here.
Ah. Interesting.

They never seem to get the colors right.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #26
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Ah. Interesting.

They never seem to get the colors right.
They were fine before. I really don't understand the change.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #27
Q
The one who knocks

I think that Lynk is probably right, and they skimped on the transfer process.

Which makes perfect sense, given that LucasFilm has more money than god.

-Toker
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #28
DarthOlc
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR
I personally love all Star Wars movies. I'm not one who find the prequels to be inferior to the OT because, they aren't. All Star Wars movies have things that are good about them, but my favorite is Jedi not even gonna lie. I liked Attack of the Clones though, for all it's worth. The scenes about Anakin's mom and Jango's severed head being held by Boba were so heart wrenching. And the battles were great. All in all I thought it was a pretty good movie.
DarthOlc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #29
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
I was in elementary school when they came out, probably around 5th grade. I enjoyed the last 30-45 minutes of it as well as the chase on Corisant. Everything else could have been cut in my eyes. No 12 year old gives two ****s about galactic politics when they came expecting lasers and lightsabers.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Although it would never happen, I'd love to see a SW movie or show focusing on galactic politics. Not the subpar black and white nonsense that TCW did, but somehing deeper like the Cloak of Deception novel.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #31
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

It's hard to believe it has really been that long. I loved this movie when it first came out. Not so much anymore...

Among quite a few other things, Yoda doing flips and **** isn't my cup of tea.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Happy 10th Anniversary "Attack of the Clones"