lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Custom Weapon Help!!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Custom Weapon Help!!!!

Ok, I decided i wanted to make a custom weapon. So i extracted the .uti (after editing the properties, adding a description and changing the model varation to 72) I called it g_w_tradblad_072, the same as the template res ref and tag. (The base item was g_w_warblade001)

I extracted the .mdl and .mdx, and changed 2 entries in the mdl (hex edit) to w_tradblad_072, saved it.

I then extracted the 2 .tga's (the icon and the actual weapon) and called one w_tradblad_072.tga and the other ii_w_tradblad_072. Changed the skins.

I saved everything and put it in my override, typed the cheat
giveitem g_w_tradblad_072
That worked and when I went to equip it there was no icon. The description and name was there. When i went back to the game my player was holding a normal sword while gripping it like it was a double. It was silver.

It's meant to be a red double sword. Instead I got a malfunctioning normal one.

What I did

I had an extreamly packed override so i made a new one.
Changed the model variation, reverted the template resref back to it's orig state. I got a fresh set of models to hex edit. Tryed to find typos.

No luck.
I've got a link up at the bottem to see if anyone kind enough can help me out, or just offer simple advice. Anything will be helpful. I've got a feeling I've forgot something blatantly obvious :/

__________________________________________________ _______

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsk3enfnse1ev10

Thanks-

UHK

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
I have a feeling this may make absolutely no difference, but I feel the need to ask: is this for K1 or TSL?

And what did you use to edit the files?

EDIT: Nevermind

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 05-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Okay UHK, I've fixed the issues.

Basically, there were 3 things that were wrong.

1. When you are creating a new weapon that uses a preexisting base item you do not want to change the model's name itself, only its number. For example, you had w_tradblad_072, when it really should've been w_warblade_072.

2. You're hex-editing missed one texture that was actually the real texture. BioWare for some reason left in a texture that isn't really used. w_warblade_001.tpc isn't used, but w_WBld_001.tpc is used.

3. You cannot rename the icon to match your new item, it is the same deal as the model. You had iw_tradblad_072, but again since the game does not recognize that as a base item entry it should've been iw_warblade_072.

Also, when hex-editing always use the replace function, as it tends to avoid little errors that can sometimes be made otherwise.

Anyway, I've fixed your problem and whipped up a skin that seems to be what you were trying to accomplish, seeing as the texture that you reskinned is not actually used in the game. If you PM me your email I can send you over all the corrected files.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Thank you very much Fallen. you've been a great help. Ill pm you my email now, and have a nice day

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Custom Weapon Help!!!!