lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Suplay
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Suplay

Hey guys - my 7 year old son just earned 1st place this weekend for the Texas State Wrestling Championships (Freestyle and Greco). As a proud father, I've decided to share a short clip from one of his Greco matches. He hit a move called a suplay that I wasn't aware he knew how to do. It was the talk of the tournament.

Here's a link for a short (0:14) clip - it's worth the watch!

Link

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Ouuch >_<

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Haha, nice.

But couldn't that move have broken the blue kid's neck or something?

Also, I checked out the Zombie Timberlake video that showed up in the related vids. Can anyone say SWAG?
Awesome.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
There was a famous wrestler that use to do that move all the time. Then again, I think there was a number of them that use to do it, come to think of it. Can't recall exactly who I'm thinking of right now, might of been Kurt Angle, not sure.

Regardless, nice move.

SITH HAPPENS

Last edited by purifier; 05-21-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
Haha, nice.

But couldn't that move have broken the blue kid's neck or something?

Also, I checked out the Zombie Timberlake video that showed up in the related vids. Can anyone say SWAG?
Awesome.
There is some potential danger in that move, and it's actually not allowed in this age group. My son had performed this throw many times, but had gone more to the side instead of straight back (which is allowed). If he had been older, it would have been counted as a "touch-fall" and ended the match, since the other kid's shoulder blades both hit the mat at the same time. However, given their age, my son was actually just given a warning not to go straight back and not awarded any points. He still ended up winning the match (and the tournament), but he was upset that he had done something wrong (unintentionally). Despite the illegality of the move, it was still the talk of the tournament. Many other wrestlers, dads, and coaches were asking me to show them the video on my camcorder. It's a difficult move to hit as it takes a considerable amount of skill and strength.

And yes, he also likes to dance... he started a break-dancing/hip-hop club in 1st grade recess.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Suplay