lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New here
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #41
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
Browner pastures, howbeit, brings to mind certain desolate places that are planets far, far away from us.
Such as Malachor V? Or Korriban? Or Ambria?

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-26-2012 at 03:23 PM.
LDR is offline   you may:
Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #42
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Welcome DarthOlc!

There is one thing you should definitely know while your here, if you haven't already figured it out by now.........

Show spoiler

Swear to God!

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #43
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
Who knows? You may be the first in a long line of young hotshots, come to breathe new life intro this dark, dank pit.
If he isn't chased off by you crusty folk.
Anyways, welcome!

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #44
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Welcome! I've only joined recently but I can easily say that this place is the best forums i've ever been too. Very glad to see new people joining, maybe this place will become as populated as it use to be. (A guy can wish right? )

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Warlord664 is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #45
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
I remember when I joined...back in the Fall of '07. So, so many years ago. Feels it anyway! When I had just turned 10, actually, I think :L

Taak Farst is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #46
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
I remember when I joined...back in the Fall of '07. So, so many years ago. Feels it anyway! When I had just turned 10, actually, I think :L
Naturally, I'm guessing you emailed forum staff with parental permission, like all of us law-abiding 12 year olds who joined the forum, yes?

Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #47
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Naturally, I'm guessing you emailed forum staff with parental permission, like all of us law-abiding 12 year olds who joined the forum, yes?
Actually, yup.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #48
DarthOlc
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
If he isn't chased off by you crusty folk.
Anyways, welcome!
For the record... I'm a chick
DarthOlc is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Oh now you're really going to be chased off.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #50
DarthOlc
Rookie

Haha oh really now? Haha I doubt that I can put up with alot
Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
LDR
Your Death Angel

Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
I have a BAD feeling about this.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #52
DarthOlc
Rookie

You underestimate my power!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #53
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOlc View Post
Now I know you're full of it. There are no woman on the Internet.

mimartin is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #54
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Haha ok you got me... I'm actually a cat... We're evolving (if y'all watch south park you'll get that...)
Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #55
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
What is this... woman you talk about? I have not heard of such a thing.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may:
Old 05-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #56
LDR
Your Death Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
What is this... woman you talk about? I have not heard of such a thing.
Sounds like potatoes to me.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #57
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Well I hate driving, it stresses me out.
Yeah driving is stressful at first. However it soon becomes apparent you're not going to be bicycling your way through the woods to get to college when snow is waist high. So um, yeah. Pretty soon it becomes like second nature.

When freinds of mine are going to pick up their paycheck we roll down the windows and shout random crap and do shennanigans. The reactions are priceless.

Quote:
I love sports, mostly football and baseball. I am a student athletic trainer for the schools football team (I'm 17).
Athletics are good. I did like obstacle courses and weight lifting in high school. Wrestled in middle school. Soccer and gymnastics prior. I haven't seriously gone into a workout gym since '05 and my last contact with physical ed was in 2008 via sword play. That unfortunately fell apart when my guild ran into irreconcilable differecnes amongst it members preparing for a renn faire and the time for SCA rankings was at hand.

Quote:
I actually met my boyfriend at football practice.<snip> I'm bisexual (doesnt matter but eh you told me to tell you about myself)
Necessarily judging you for that is not my place, it's your life; what you do with it is another matter.

The extent of my experience with bisexuals is unknowingly dated a bi woman--which I found out later after she left. Boldest melee woman I ever knew, and she could hit HARD with bokkens.

Quote:
I love music! All kinds of music.
As you can tell I'm into various types of metal. I'm also into various other kinds as well cuz I don't like to restrict myself to just one genre of music. To be honest, today's music makes the "meh" stuff of the 90's look great.

Quote:
And I like the internet but...idk some small things about it bother me.
Just remember: The Internet is *serious* business!

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #58
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Ah yes, "women on the internet"... We have dismissed that claim.

Jae is a woman, but she's from another planet, so she doesn't count. (That, or she just scares me, but i'll keep the first explanation)

Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #59
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Jae is a cyborg, so doesn't count a human female anymore.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #60
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Jae is a cyborg, so doesn't count a human female anymore.
Keep your voice down, she might hear.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #61
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
Yeah driving is stressful at first. However it soon becomes apparent you're not going to be bicycling your way through the woods to get to college when snow is waist high. So um, yeah. Pretty soon it becomes like second nature.

When freinds of mine are going to pick up their paycheck we roll down the windows and shout random crap and do shennanigans. The reactions are priceless.

Athletics are good. I did like obstacle courses and weight lifting in high school. Wrestled in middle school. Soccer and gymnastics prior. I haven't seriously gone into a workout gym since '05 and my last contact with physical ed was in 2008 via sword play. That unfortunately fell apart when my guild ran into irreconcilable differecnes amongst it members preparing for a renn faire and the time for SCA rankings was at hand.

Necessarily judging you for that is not my place, it's your life; what you do with it is another matter.

The extent of my experience with bisexuals is unknowingly dated a bi woman--which I found out later after she left. Boldest melee woman I ever knew, and she could hit HARD with bokkens.

As you can tell I'm into various types of metal. I'm also into various other kinds as well cuz I don't like to restrict myself to just one genre of music. To be honest, today's music makes the "meh" stuff of the 90's look great.

Just remember: The Internet is *serious* business!
About driving
I get what your saying about the driving thing. Is just I prefer to drive with my dad cuz he's really laid back, but he's in the navy. My mom is just very stressed and yells even when I'm not doing anything wrong.

about sports
Football and baseball are my favorite sports.i live in a small town where sports kinda bring everyone together, strangely enough tho I'm the only female trainer that knows anything about football. I'm not much for soccer myself but eh. It's just cuz I don't have the stamina for it.

About love
My boyfriend knows about it. he's very supportive but at first it was hard for him to accept. Although in all honesty most people would argue I'm just bicurious because I've only been with 1 girl, but eh. I know no one cares, but hither told me to tell them about myself soooo I did.

About music
I love all kinds of music. ' I find that you limit yourself when you only listen to one genre, but to each his own.

About the Internet
Indeed e Internet is serious buisness
Old 05-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #62
LDR
Your Death Angel

Ah, the music I enjoy listening to is all that good stuff (hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal) from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #63
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDR View Post
Ah, the music I enjoy listening to is all that good stuff (hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal) from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
Very nice choice. I was just Rockin out to some Montley Cre not long ago.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #64
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Welcome! Glad you decided to post and not just lurk.

Whoever says this place is dying hasn't been around other forums on the webbynets. Us old guard seem to stick around as we like the company here. Plus every time I look at the viewer count for the modding forum it is always in the 30-ish range still. Long live LF!

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #65
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Welcome! Glad you decided to post and not just lurk.

Whoever says this place is dying hasn't been around other forums on the webbynets. Us old guard seem to stick around as we like the company here. Plus every time I look at the viewer count for the modding forum it is always in the 30-ish range still. Long live LF!
Haha I can't promise I'll post often. I'll try this summer but when school and football start up I might not be on as often as I'd like. But I hate when people join and don't contribute not even once. Oh hey I have a question, is there anywhere on the site where once could post an original scifi story? Just to get alil feedback?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #66
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Haha I can't promise I'll post often. I'll try this summer but when school and football start up I might not be on as often as I'd like. But I hate when people join and don't contribute not even once. Oh hey I have a question, is there anywhere on the site where once could post an original scifi story? Just to get alil feedback?
Aye, there is. Coruscant Entertainment Centre

Ferc Kast is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #67
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
Thanks, I thought that was just for fanfics though. Well thanks!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #68
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
DAMMIT. 50/50 chance and I'm wrong.

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #69
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
DAMMIT. 50/50 chance and I'm wrong.
Haha no worries. Happens to me all the time. I don't act very girly so it was an honest mistake
Old 05-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #70
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
This place is far more active than the forum that got me started here, the battlefront network back in 2005. I rarely even go in the Kotor parts of the forum except to read, but I do really enjoy the community section of this network, its a great group of people and there aren't many instances that I've noticed of people causing scenes because they need drama.
Except the poster after me. I don't like them and their opinions are rarely of merit. I would also go on to say that their physical appearance is less visually pleasing than the average person.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #71
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Except the poster after me. I don't like them and their opinions are rarely of merit. I would also go on to say that their physical appearance is less visually pleasing than the average person.
Hey!

stoffe is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #72
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
@jawa: Dawwwww. I love you too! We all love you!

C'mon everybody, let's shower jawathehutt with our love and affection, rubbing him between all of our fat, hairy, sweaty bodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOlc
about sports
Football and baseball are my favorite sports.i live in a small town where sports kinda bring everyone together, strangely enough tho I'm the only female trainer that knows anything about football. I'm not much for soccer myself but eh. It's just cuz I don't have the stamina for it.
Try swordplay at some point. You'll get a kick out of it if nothing else. Soccer does require a bit of stamina and care to play, yes. Baseball is more fun to play than watch. But I do love it when teams get in a brawl on pro networks. "Heh-heheh-heheh! Yeah! Hit him! ...Get the bat!!! Heh-heheh-heheheh!"

Quote:
About love
My boyfriend knows about it. he's very supportive but at first it was hard for him to accept. Although in all honesty most people would argue I'm just bicurious because I've only been with 1 girl, but eh. I know no one cares, but hither told me to tell them about myself soooo I did.
As to your claim about being a female...Male or female, I don't really care one way or the other. Understand that part of internet culture is just this way: "pictures or it never happened" is the standard.

Show spoiler

Quote:
About music
I love all kinds of music. ' I find that you limit yourself when you only listen to one genre, but to each his own.
Musically I don't limit myself to labels, but I have to make fun of pop music that gets brought up. It's a requirement for me. Or else the monkey army will bombard my house with toilet bombs.

Quote:
About the Internet
Indeed e Internet is serious buisness
Right you are!

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #73
Red Hessian

Current Game: Oblivion
Hey there! Hope it's not too late for more welcomes and greetings, so... umm... Welcome DarthOlc!
Red Hessian is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #74
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hessian View Post
Hey there! Hope it's not too late for more welcomes and greetings, so... umm... Welcome DarthOlc!
Why thank you. It's never too late for welcomes or greetings! I like when people take the time to say hi
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #75
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
You may be a gal, but you got bawlz to post that here.. Kudos to you.. hehe.

Oh, and welcome to LFN.. you're officially granted the title of "AHTO-nut" for having endured a 2 page thread. Welcome to the mad house.

Quote:
for realz..

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Cheers to that buddy!

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #76
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
If stoffe's the brains of LF, you, Chainz, are surely the jester... Or was it the soul?

Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #77
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
If stoffe's the brains of LF, you, Chainz, are surely the jester... Or was it the soul?
probably more like the annoying zit that goes away for a time, but keeps popping up at the wrong moment

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #78
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
probably more like the annoying zit that goes away for a time, but keeps popping up at the wrong moment

Compromise?

Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #79
DarthOlc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
You may be a gal, but you got bawlz to post that here.. Kudos to you.. hehe.

Oh, and welcome to LFN.. you're officially granted the title of "AHTO-nut" for having endured a 2 page thread. Welcome to the mad house.
Hey, everyone woman in this world needs a set of lady balls or they won't get anywhere in life! I imagine it'll come back to haunt me... I REGRET NOTHING!!!

I didn't expect so many people to comment on it. Wow!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #80
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
Hey!
Quote:
That figures, of all of the people to fall into my clever trap, it was the brains of the operation. I feel like I'm on a list now. If you guys need me I'm NOT going to the battlefront section to lay low.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > New here