lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor I utilized in Kotor II engine?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
ecko2334
Rookie

Kotor I utilized in Kotor II engine?

Pretty much something similar to this but for Kotor I and II.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/ind...=143&Itemid=98

In theory wouldn't it be possible to utilize data from Kotor I(I wager have to do some level of modification). But instead of doing a full conversion you utilize data from Kotor I so long as you have the original game installed but without having to fully port all of the games content?

I think it would be awesome to utilize the animated flowing robes, the more diverse combat animations, and so forth from Kotor II but have the Kotor I's storyline.

Seen some extensive mods including the restored content mod for Kotor II. wouldn't it in theory be possible as long as you have the original Kotor I installed and didn't port the entire game assets over but instead more or less created a "bridge" of sorts to utilize data in the Kotor II engine?

Don't see legalities being an issue because you would require the original Kotor I to be installed and you aren't doing a FULL game port but instead creating a file or script or something upon that level to render the data in Kotor II.

Sorry if this is something that was asked in the past.
ecko2334 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't know about the legality of the matter, but if I remember this corectly, KotOR 2 animations/heads won't work in KotOR 1. But I'm not a modeler so I could, and I very well probably am, be wrong.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Actually, you're quite correct, Fallen Guardian. The model format differs slightly between the two games. I can't recall precisely what the difference is, but if I remember rightly, the TSL model format has a few extra pieces of data in it.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Shaggoth

why not to CHANGE faces? let some people be just reskins of other heads u know. there's still bastila, malak and others intact

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Kotor I utilized in Kotor II engine?