lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Zack Snyder to make Star Wars movie outside the new trilogy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Zack Snyder to make Star Wars movie outside the new trilogy

Madness you say? Well, THIS IS THE SOURCE.

To quote the article:

Quote:
Back in November, the Los Angeles Times reported that Man of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder said he had no interest in directing the hotly anticipated seventh Star Wars film. But Vulture has learned that while this may be specifically true — he won’t be doing Episode VII — it was a bit of misdirection: He is in fact developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series’ galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers.
Let your light shine upon this news, fellow Star Wars fans!

Update: So Snyder was pretty quick to deny any involvement in future Star Wars projects, as he told The Hollywood Reporter. Vulture, however, which posted the original story, is sticking by it, saying:

Quote:
Vulture takes the accuracy of its reports very seriously. And while a piece published in The Hollywood Reporter this evening quotes Snyder's rep as saying that the director "is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars," Vulture stands by its story. This reporter heard through a source very familiar with the situation that Snyder recently flew up to Marin County to meet with Lucasfilm execs about the project. When subsequently reached by Vulture, Snyder's spokesperson would only repeat that he "is" not currently involved. One should note the possible political ramifications here of our original story break: Snyder's last Warner Bros. film, Sucker Punch, lost millions for the studio, and execs there could have become distressed at the idea of him getting involved with another studio's franchise when they have so much at stake with their upcoming Man of Steel and want him available for an immediate sequel.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Last edited by Miltiades; 01-14-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I assume next weeks announcement will be something like "Paul WS Anderson to write, Uwe Boll to direct; a new non-Trilogy Star Wars film as an adaptation of Dial M for Murder"

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Chrislove22
Lurker

Current Game: Black Ops II
Will this one be any less offensive to fans of the originals than the other modern films? My gut says no.

Coming soon: Skakash
Chrislove22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
battle111
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR and LOTRO
Well l think it will be great to see a new star wars film but l wonder how this will go ??

Who you are light or dark hmm!!!

battle111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
I assume next weeks announcement will be something like "Paul WS Anderson to write, Uwe Boll to direct; a new non-Trilogy Star Wars film as an adaptation of Dial M for Murder"
I want a Star Wars adaptation of "Support Your Local Gunfighter."

Support Your Local Jedi.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Red Hessian

Current Game: Oblivion
"This is Blasphemy! This is Madness!"
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
As Snyder himself would say: "Awesome".

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

All of my wat.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
... :\

EDIT: I'd find it extremely funny if it turns out to be Knights of the Old Republic.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Turns out that it was all a false rumour...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Turns out that it was all a false rumour...
Yeah, updated the OP. Still, Vulture seems pretty sure there were talks between Snyder and Lucasfilm...

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
So all I missed was someone jumping the gun. Gotcha!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #13
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
But in an exclusive statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder's spokesperson says: "While he is super-flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia.”
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-report-412336

Well, I'm disappointed. I, for one, would have been interested in a Snyder-made Star Wars. He's generally very dedicated to the core work he adapts and while he doesn't necessarily better, he at least doesn't make it any worse.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Well, I'm disappointed. I, for one, would have been interested in a Snyder-made Star Wars. He's generally very dedicated to the core work he adapts and while he doesn't necessarily better, he at least doesn't make it any worse.
Indeed. I know Star Wars movies are a touchy subject to most fans, myself included, and this whole deal of who's directing one is still so fresh and unheard of, but for the adaptations Snyder did, he managed to do very enjoyable movies which still retained the soul of the original work. If someone is qualified to head other's work, it's him.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It may just be me, but I wouldn't exactly hate it if someone say.... Joss Whedon... Was announced to be Director.
It probably won't happen, but hey, I never thought we'd get more SW movies either!

Just saying...

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Catto View Post
It may just be me, but I wouldn't exactly hate it if someone say.... Joss Whedon... Was announced to be Director.
They apparently already asked him to do it. He was interested but is still working on the next Avenger project.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Catto View Post

Unless he was trolling, I'd have to say **** NO!

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #18
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Unless he was trolling, I'd have to say **** NO!
That and the Avengers.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
I'm getting sick of all the dumb movie rumors. Disney/Lucasfilm need to get the ball rolling on Ep. VII if they're going to stick to the 2015 release date. That's a very tight schedule for a film like Star Wars.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #20
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Yeah, I pray Joss was trolling in bringing the Vong into the mix.... I read the books. It wouldn't make for a good movie. God no....

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Zack Snyder to make Star Wars movie outside the new trilogy

Tags
akira kurosawa, star wars movies, zack snyder