lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Obsidian Actively Pitching Star Wars RPG (set between III and IV)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #41
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDR View Post
Ugh, this time period is so overused it's not even funny. I'll keep my eyes and ears open though.
Yeah I'm going to throw in my lot here too.

Stop. Just stop using this timeframe. Please. ENOUGH already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I would have preferred something around the Bane period myself. Pretty much equidistant from the KOTOR and movie timeframes and virtually unencumbered by canon, enough to have almost complete narrative freedom. You could go either side of the Rule of Two depending on what you were going for - before if you wanted an extant Sith presence on the level of KOTOR, or after if you wanted a more low key affair less focused on everyone having glow sticks.

What I'd really like to see is a proper Sith/Dark Side focused game, one that isn't just about killing randoms because that's what "evil" types do. Something that charts your rise from apprentice to seizing the mantle of Master, then recruiting your own apprentice (and maybe being taken down by them as a nice way to end).
Well, the Knight Errant period is kind of exciting and it takes place about a generation before Bane. Its (darker) successor series is currently underway in comics.

It's a time where the old republic is severly decayed from milennia of war with the sith since...well probably since SWTOR. So bad it practically doesn't exist, meanwhile colossal titans in the forms of sith warlords warred with each other and the republic's remnants over territory. It'd be interesting to find out more about some obscure ancient sith and jedi during this time. A ton of creative and new content could be made that doesn't necessarily have to be tied in (which I think would be the better for it) with the films. It's fodder for new stuff and yet not too radical of a departure either.

The stories of Darth Bane were more about drawing it all to a close and into a period of quieting it all down, making the galaxy at large believe followers of the sith way were extinct while he worked in the cover and seclusion of secrecy. I do agree it'd be interesting to see made into a movie trilogy but at the same time I'm not particularly excited to see a movie adaptation of something which already is well established. I like the idea but not as much as something more open. We have to break away if it is to grow.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #42
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm old. I like TIE fighters, Vader, and stormtroopers. I'd love a game in the Dark Times. I dont think it is overused at all, unlike the Clone Wars and OT era.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #43
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Looks like this game is going to be thrown out the window.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #44
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It was only a pitch. There's no indication that it had moved to anything beyond that.
DarthParametric is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #45
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Obsidian Hoping To Work With EA/BioWare On Star Wars

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #46
Red Hessian

Current Game: The Banner Saga
The key word here is "hoping."
Red Hessian is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #47
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Obsidian's gushing over getting some of that Disney money is almost getting a bit embarrassing. At this point, I just hope EA tosses them a bone so we won't have monthly articles about Urquhart's desire to make another Star Wars game. >_>

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #48
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Obsidian's gushing over getting some of that Disney money is almost getting a bit embarrassing. At this point, I just hope EA tosses them a bone so we won't have monthly articles about Urquhart's desire to make another Star Wars game. >_>
It was RPS who contact them.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #49
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The only hope I would see for Obsidian is getting a sequel or spinoff a few years down the track for whatever new SW series Bioware comes up with. But under EA, that seems highly unlikely.
DarthParametric is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #50
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
It was RPS who contact them.
Yeah, if anything, they're the ones gushing over Obsidian's pitch. And judging from an earlier article, RPS aren't about to let that go as long as Obsidian haven't given up on it, it seems.

It does seem rather unlikely, but with all the news I've been reading in these last few months, I'm not sure I should just dismiss this outright.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Obsidian Actively Pitching Star Wars RPG (set between III and IV)