lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: If you want to write fan fiction based on my KotOR III story...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

If you want to write fan fiction based on my KotOR III story...

Go on right ahead. My story is linked in my signature. A couple members on that site said that they'd like to see fan fiction based off it, but the thing is... I ain't doing it, I suck at it. It's like how Lucas has great ideas, but we all saw what happened with the prequels when he did the directing and screenplays himself...

The Lord of Chaos has requested a fanfic review for this thread.

Liked KotOR and KotOR II? Didn't like TOR and the Revan novel? Check out what I would have done instead: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8913071/...nknown-Regions

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8977663/...own-Regions-V2
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
read

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
1) Don't compare yourself to Lucas.
2) Don't just say here is my story and post a link; we won't go to it.
3)You may not be that good of a writer, but don't assume those who are somewhat competent will take up your story.

This thread is a waste of time, and so is my reply. I'm just posting because I am bored. And to let you know that if you want to get noticed as a storyteller around here (if you write or not) you went about it the wrong way. Ohhh-kay? Cool.

Oh and one last thing, what the hell did you write if not Fanfiction? It's about Kotor III, you're a fan, and its a story. Ergo, it be fanfiction, mate. Just sayin'....

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

1) I'm not saying my ideas are Lucas good, but I think they're good and I don't give a **** if being proud of my work makes me come across as arrogant. I meant I was like Lucas in the sense that I'm not good at executing my ideas into some kind of screenplay or fan fiction well.

2 & 3) You won't, but you don't speak for everyone else. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, nor am I assuming anyone will do anything with it. But I'll never know unless I give people a chance to at least look at what I've done. That's why I said *if* you want to...

I wrote what I'd do for a story if another KotOR game came out. It's just an outline of my plot, no dialogue or specifics about party members and what not.

Liked KotOR and KotOR II? Didn't like TOR and the Revan novel? Check out what I would have done instead: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8913071/...nknown-Regions

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8977663/...own-Regions-V2
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > If you want to write fan fiction based on my KotOR III story...