lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The audio version of the word "visualize"?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
The audio version of the word "visualize"?

hey yall. ive been thinking lately, since ive been getting better and better at guitar, that my pitch is getting better. i can "picture in my mind" the note that any given string on the guitar makes. when i whistle it and then play the string, the notes are the same.

so my question is... what would you call that? what is the action of "picturing a sound in my head"? its like visualizing but instead of using my "mind's eye" im using my "mind's ear". i am imagining a sound, not an image. so what would the word for that be? like an audial version of the word "visualize".

i feel like there is no word for this, but i think there really should be... and its tearing me apart inside.

irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #2
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
http://english.stackexchange.com/que...tive-for-audio

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > The audio version of the word "visualize"?