lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Modded Savegames?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Rivian
Lurker

Modded Savegames?

Hello!

I have a question regarding the copy/pasting of modded saves. I recently started a new playthrough of Kotor and for the first time I installed a few mods. It worked well so far only that it recently turned out I have to leave my house for a couple of weeks due to work. I am already at the third planet and tbh I cant be bothered to start over again on my laptop.
Usually I would just install the game on my laptop and then copy the saves from one hard disk to the other.

But I am not sure if that works with a modded version of the game and ofc modded saves just like that? I play the game via steam and if I install it on my laptop now the override folder as well as my other mods are not there obviously.

If I want to keep playing with those saves what do I have to do? Install every mod I have on the Laptop as well? Is it enough to just use the save game as it is? I am asking this question because I also installed the K1 Force package at first. I wasnt really impressed with it mid game, so after making a back up, I just deleted the folder from my override folder. Turns out that it does not have any effect on the save game. I still run around with those new forces in my list and they all work properly.

Can anyone explain me the best way to proceed, so I can keep playing with my currently modded game.

Mods are:

Solomon's revenge
Bastila love scene
k1 force package
Revan armor (No tk installer just copied files)

Thanks in advance
Rivian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
This isn't guaranteed to work, but what I'd try is installing the game as normal, then delete the entire game folder and replace it with a copy of the one from your other computer. Then I'd run swconfig.exe and set the resolution to one that the laptop will support.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Rivian
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
This isn't guaranteed to work, but what I'd try is installing the game as normal, then delete the entire game folder and replace it with a copy of the one from your other computer. Then I'd run swconfig.exe and set the resolution to one that the laptop will support.
Okay thanks! Wouldnt it be also possible to just install the game normally and then install those mods like you would install an addon or dlc... and then just use the savegame?

Or start a new game with all mods on and then just import the savegames?
Rivian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Roller123
Rookie

1. Use the same source you used to install Kotor1 on the PC to install it on the laptop.
2. Doesnt thhe steam version support mods?
3. Use the KSE and edit out the extra force powers and armors in the save game.
Roller123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivian View Post
Okay thanks! Wouldnt it be also possible to just install the game normally and then install those mods like you would install an addon or dlc... and then just use the savegame?

Or start a new game with all mods on and then just import the savegames?
Yes, but the method I described should just allow you to start from your latest savegame without having to reinstall the mods.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Modded Savegames?