lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Easy light maps question...I hope?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Easy light maps question...I hope?

Well I was scouring TUCE and I saw someone's post that said its impossible to animate lightmaps... Why is it impossible? Can you just attach a TXI that would make it animated? (And yes I know you would have to change the texture first )

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
There's nothing wrong with experimenting yourself; when me and Q started advancements in area mods the majority of the work was just testing theories; from what I remember I don't think the game actually loads information from TXI's on lightmaps purely because they are simply for light effect - that said there are many scenes with flashing lights so I suggest digging into those modules and seeing what you can find? Maybe just pick a module room and try replacing the lightmap texture, animating it and seeing if there's any effect?

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovemaster View Post
There's nothing wrong with experimenting yourself; when me and Q started advancements in area mods the majority of the work was just testing theories; from what I remember I don't think the game actually loads information from TXI's on lightmaps purely because they are simply for light effect
Well, I checked some files in the lightmaps section of KT for K1 and found .txi files with "is lightmap 1" at the top...

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
Well, I checked some files in the lightmaps section of KT for K1 and found .txi files with "is lightmap 1" at the top...
Funny that you should mention that . I have been doing some experimenting and I believe (extra emphasis on the word "believe") we should be able to add custom lightmaps as invisable placeables... Ill get back to you.

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme kotor View Post
Funny that you should mention that . I have been doing some experimenting and I believe (extra emphasis on the word "believe") we should be able to add custom lightmaps as invisable placeables... Ill get back to you.
I like this guy.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Easy light maps question...I hope?