lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 3D Pokémon (Indie)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
3D Pokémon (Indie)

I don't know if any of you have seen this but it looks to be interesting. I for one will play it assuming they make the combat a little easier but it is obviously in early stages of development and they're will be many changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_M...e_gdata_player

What cha thinking?-Supreme Kotor

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
HED
Rookie

Well, for me the turn-based nature of the gameplay is part of Pokémon's appeal, but it looks like its worth a try.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
It looks amazing, though there are a few things that worry/bug me. As a fan of only the main series games, I find the fact that the developers are focusing a lot on the anime irritating. The "cries" of the Pokemon in the anime make me feel like my ears are bleeding, and I could just never get into the anime, even as a kid. But what does my opinion matter on that?

As I was reading the FAQ, I read that they were intending to do only the first two generations, and maybe the third, but fourth onward was out of the question, and that for their story, they were sticking with the three year span between the first two. As an advocate for all the generations, this saddens me because I was hoping I could go on a more open journey in all the regions with teams similar to the handhelds. Sure, I can already do that in the handhelds, but not on this scale, and not with this kind of gameplay. And we already know what happened between generations I and II; Kanto modernized even more (the magnet train and radio tower) and shrunk, Blue became Viridian gym leader, Cinnabar Island blew up, Blaine moved to the Seafoam Islands, Koga joined the Elite Four and his daughter Janine took his place, Lorelei and Agatha left the Elite Four and were replaced with Will and Karen respectively, Lance became champion, Bill moved (apparently back) to Johto, Silph Co. got tighter security, Mr. Fuji moved Kanto's Pokemon cemetery, Red never returned to Pallet Town, the Power Plant reopened, and a few other things I can't remember.

I'm going to keep my eye on this, maybe get in in a later version, and hope that the developers will 1) add an option to use the game cries as opposed to the anime cries, and 2) change their minds about limiting themselves to just 251 or 386 creatures.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I'm surprised a game like that hasn't already been made

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
I'm surprised a game like that hasn't already been made
There have been similar projects but not one that successfully completed. If you google "3d pokemon" you will find other projects but none have as good graphics as this or the idea where you actually play as the pokemon.

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme kotor View Post
There have been similar projects but not one that successfully completed.
I think he meant by Game Freak.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > 3D Pokémon (Indie)