lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is the draft making a comeback?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Carwil
@Carwil

Current Game: Battlefront
Exclamation Is the draft making a comeback?

As you might have inferred from the title, Senator Ted Cruz has introduced legislation that is currently making its way through Congress, proposing bringing back the draft. As far as I know, we haven't had the draft since Vietnam, but with tensions in Iran and North Korea heating up and Syria tearing itself apart, there's no telling what war we'll wind up being involved in in the next few years, and the impending Presidential election makes the future even more clouded. You can read all about it in this article:

https://shelbycourtland.wordpress.co...anuary-1-2016/

The article was the only remotely reliable source I could locate on the matter. It's an op-ed sort of deal, but feel free to cross-reference the information for yourself.

I'd just like to hear some thoughts on this. Personally, I don't think it'll be passed, and I'm sure Obama will veto it if it makes it to his desk, but you never know in politics.

Jar Jar was a masterstroke of directorial brilliance who adds volumes to the prequels.

Carwil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Is the draft making a comeback?