lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JediKnight.net BETA
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #41
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
JOB OFFER

Oh yeah, I've got a job offer for anyone who is willing to do it... when we launch the site, we're going to need people who look for Star Wars gaming related news, specifically. We're especially going to need someone to keep up with all of the SWTOR news that comes out pretty regularly. Is there anyone out there or is already a part of the team that's willing to take up that responsibility?

We really do need a person who specifically takes care of the swtor news since it is so common while the general star wars gaming news is a lot more rare.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #42
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
I unfortunatly can't take on that entire job Lynk, but I would be more than happy to help with that/the entire website in general(such as a moderator). I no longer play ToR so I wouldent be 100% up to date on it. If you ever need other help feel free to turn to me though.

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #43
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
The staff positions I'm offering are for the web site only, not moderator position for this forum, sorry.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #44
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I am pretty much done with the site development... all I have left is to finalise the menu bar drop downs and to clean up the html/css and it's pretty much ready to launch... which means I'm going to start to with the official process of staff recruitment so we can get jknet up and running by the end of the year.
All right, where do I fit in? And are you going to link to the old reviews, or move them all?

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #45
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You mean your previous "The Critic Return" posts? We're not deleting them or anything if that's what you're worried about.

In fact, the plan I have in mind is to archive all of the old sites and to link back to them in the "About" section of new jknet so that people can go back and go through the old sites as they were before the consolidation. The only difference is that the old sites will no longer be accessed using their old domain names, for example, you won't be able to get to the old version of starwarsknights.com by typing in that address into a browser since that address will redirect to the new jediknight.net site.

We're working really hard to move all of the static content on the site, however, a lot of the content that is based on the news systems of many of the sites are a lot harder and time consuming to transfer over. So while we're transferring as much as we can, some stuff won't make it... but, as I said, we'll still have them accessible and archived for people to see.

Nothing will be lost, we're not deleting anything, we're just redirecting traffic and consolidating all of the attention to the new site so we have a single point of focus instead of multiple points which are harder to keep track.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #46
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
I was more worried about the resource center. In fact what I would like to do is take my original Expert's sticky, and except for the first ones (Everyone saying 'hi, this is what I do') and convert it into standard separate posts. Of course I think I will have to find new ways to redirect because in my reviews, I sometimes refer to them instead of merely recreating the wheel every time someone call a deck a floor.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #47
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Oh, as I said in your PM, I'm going to preserve CEC as it is along with the modding forum as much as possible if not 100% as they are now, just in a different location which will be just as easy to find as where it is now.

But the forum changes will be occurring only after we've gotten the new jediknight.net site up and running and secured. Then once that's done, we'll focus on the details of the forum restructuring, how it should be done and how to keep in circulation as much of the resources and tools everyone has created to help them with their fanworks/modding stuff.

Basically, aside from a change of exterior and a new coat of paint, you shouldn't notice much difference in the content of CEC since it's in all of our best interests to keep that place as it is and not interfere with the work that's been done there along with the modding forums.

Don't worry, as I said, when the time comes, we'll have more detailed discussions about this and you can follow along with the discussions and proposed plans and outlines, etc before we actually do change anything. I want to make this place better, not destroy it after all.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > JediKnight.net BETA