lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about Bao-Dur's Repulser Arm?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Lightbulb Question about Bao-Dur's Repulser Arm?

Hey, I just got an idea about boa-dur's repulser arm. There is no tga or special settings in 2da's for it so where would you be able to change the color of it? I think I may have found that answer (this might have been though of already but it's worth a shot), could it work like a lightsaber? Maybe you could change it's color by hex editing it, I am not sure where to start or how to do it but I think it could most likely be done like that. So I just thought I would bring that up and see if anybody has an idea about it.

I have defied gods and demons.
I am your shield, I am your sword.
I know you; your past, your future.
This is the way the world ends...
-----------------------------------------
TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project
SithRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
goldberry
Forumite

I think its an effect. Don't hold me to that.

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Well I looked through all of the animations in the animations.2da and I looked as throughly as I could through everything else, so that is about the best answer for it as I can come up with. Also where the repulser feild is supposed to be on the model in gmax there was a dummy just like a lightsaber.

TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project
Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
goldberry
Forumite

I think somebody said that the reason that Bao-Dur cannot use robes, because if the arm animation were there aswel, the robe couldn't flow (i.e. it'd be like revan's cape). Again, don't hold me to that XD

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithRevan
Hey, I just got an idea about boa-dur's repulser arm. There is no tga or special settings in 2da's for it so where would you be able to change the color of it?
The energy beam of Bao-Dur's arm is created with a particle emitter in his model (which MdlOps wasn't capable of exporting or importing last time I checked).

I believe fx_baodur.tpc contains the texture for the energy particles of his arm, while P_BaoDur_Arm.tpc has the texture for the "lens" thing on the arm itself the beam seems to come from. If you change those two textures you can change the color of the beam.

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #6
Krimsyn Kane
Rookie

I think I'll give that a try right now, I'd love to outfit my darkside Bao-Dur with a red arm. If I get it to work I'll update my Bao-Dur's Badass Outfit mod.

Krimsyn Kane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #7
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Thanks stoffe I was able to change bao-dur's arm to a lot of fun different colors!

P.S.: I also made a mod out of it here if anybody wants it.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #8
Temp3rMental
Rookie

Just wondering, but is a black repulser arm possible? Just thought it would be cool to look at.
Temp3rMental is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 03:16 AM   #9
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
No actually I tried that and it did not work. If you want to try it though you have my permission as that mod is an open mod for anybody to use!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #10
Krimsyn Kane
Rookie

Mine's uploaded but SithRevan beat me to it!

Thanks Stoffe for the info and thanks Sithrevan for bringing it up in the first place.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #11
Vegard Aune
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithRevan
Thanks stoffe I was able to change bao-dur's arm to a lot of fun different colors!

P.S.: I also made a mod out of it here if anybody wants it.
Cool. I don't normally care much for reskins, but the red arm looks great.
Vegard Aune is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Yeah, great job Krimsyn I really like the way it looks now with the red repulser arm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune
Cool. I don't normally care much for reskins, but the red arm looks great.
Thanks vegard I really apprieciate the comment!

Old 09-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
Krimsyn Kane
Rookie

Thank you. By the way, Sithrevan, I dont know if yours does this too but I noticed on mine it had an interesting side effect. In the picture above from my previous post you can see that it glows pretty much like a red saber however when the arm is in front of his dark clothes it takes on a more fiery look that I hadn't noticed before:

Personally I think it looks pretty cool. I wonder if this is an accident I stumbled upon while messing around with the color or just something the repulser glow effect does?

Old 09-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Yes I had the same thing happen. I think it makes the arm look pretty cool too, also in green or dark blue that effect looks really cool!

Old 09-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #15
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp3rMental
Just wondering, but is a black repulser arm possible? Just thought it would be cool to look at.
I'll see if I can't try to play with this. By using a dark purple color in a light halo of color surrounded by black I might be able to give it a blacklight effect. Give me a little bit as I'm still restoring my PC to active duty.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #16
SOHL
Lurker

So I have been messing around with this for awhile and cant seem to figure this out.
Would it be possible to modify some files and make it so Bao-Dur's arm changes colors upon alignment shift?
If so how could I go about doing this as there are no 2da's that mention his arm.
SOHL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2014, 04:20 AM   #17
DuckfromPortal
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
Uh this wasback 2006, I hope tyou get an answer, but you might just get people statng you found a fossil or something

Quack
DuckfromPortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 AM   #18
SOHL
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckfromPortal View Post
Uh this wasback 2006, I hope tyou get an answer, but you might just get people statng you found a fossil or something

Lol dude I know! you totally have a point (I like your usage of the word fossil btw) anyways I thought the same here's hoping for a response thanks for the good wishes lol!
SOHL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Question about Bao-Dur's Repulser Arm?