lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cheap but reliable video card
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
MsFicwriter

Current Game: Arcanum
Roleplayer 
Cheap but reliable video card

I would like some suggestions on this, because I'm getting an upgraded PC. I don't want to buy anything over $100, but then again, I don't want my video card to fry on the first day I try to play a game. When it comes to these things, I'm an idiot. Please help!
MsFicwriter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
igyman
Comedy Gold!

Current Game: The Witcher 3 (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I don't know what the prices are like in the US, but I'm currently using this card. Bought it almost two years ago and it still runs games smoothly on more-or-less highest details. Back when I bought it, the price was just under €200, but nowadays the price must have dropped more than 50%.
Still, you can probably get something more up-to-date for the kind of money you're willing to spend, perhaps an R7 250, which costs somewhere between €80 and €100 in my country.

On the other hand, if you're more interested in an nVidia chip, I can't really offer advice there, as I haven't used an nVidia card in years.

igyman is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Cheap but reliable video card