lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MAJOR GAMEBREAKING BUG
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
maltron66
Rookie

Lightbulb MAJOR GAMEBREAKING BUG - FIXED

After being away from TSL for a long time, I decided to install the game in my new PC to enjoy its epicness again. If only I knew what was gonna happen
So here I am, having started a new game. I get out of my bacta tank, find Kreia, open that door with that plasma torch, then move on to the next door and here's the problem...
As soon as I engage an enemy, I cannot move the PC. Even after I defeat the enemy. In other words, I engage a mining droid, defeat it and my character refuses to move and stays put, since, everytime I press the wasd buttons, I only manage to have the camera turn around... The only way to continue is to save, load and repeat... every single time I encounter an enemy.
Is this a problem caused by incompatible mods? (Unlikely I think, but before saying anything more, I inform you that I have been extremely careful while choosing which mods to install this time.) Or maybe is it because I got a new PC, which has win7 installed and not xp? Long story short, has anybody encountered a simillar problem before? Any help will be unimaginably appreciated!

Last edited by maltron66; 08-27-2014 at 05:46 PM.
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
DuckfromPortal
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
I have had similar issues in the past, but not for the computer, the computer version has worked perfect for me. I have windows seven and any mod i install just works for me for some reason. On the xbox, when I had this issue and another where I just laid on the floor (unable to move) I had to just turn of the game start it up again and restart my character.

Quack
DuckfromPortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Turn on V-sync...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
maltron66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
Turn on V-sync...
...and the game WORKS! You really are the boss, HH! How can I thank you enough, man? THANKYOUTHANKYOU.
Ahem. But what did V-sync have to do with it I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckfromPortal View Post
I have had similar issues in the past, but not for the computer, the computer version has worked perfect for me. I have windows seven and any mod i install just works for me for some reason. On the xbox, when I had this issue and another where I just laid on the floor (unable to move) I had to just turn of the game start it up again and restart my character.
Pretty much what I had to deal with, but on pc...Fortunately though, thanks to HH, the problem's solved. And since I am back to playing TSL again, it means I get to spend more time around here. YEEHAW!!
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > MAJOR GAMEBREAKING BUG