lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: aAAArgh
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-13-2000, 10:13 AM   #1
h3l

Post aAAArgh

hi!
not much to say really , just happy to know that mk4 is coming!
ím a big fan of adventure games specially
monkey series.
When i heard of Mk4 i remembered that i never played mk1 so there i was looking for
a 10y old game .
STILL i had the most fun with it but it was to small and easy to finish (3 days..)

i hope the next one come big and with the same humor !

Ps . I really love adventure games can any1 recomend me some good adventure games
i donīt care how old they are!
h3l is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2000, 01:13 PM   #2
LeChuck

GRIM FANDANGO!
CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND!
FULL THROTTLE!
DAY OF THE TENTECALE!

Those are my favorite adventure games.
Yuo should be able to buy em at a very good price from LucasArts webpage.
A whle ago GF and CMI were being bundled to gether and being sold for the price of 1 game i beleive.

Go check it out!
LeChuck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2000, 01:40 PM   #3
ZeroXcape

Thumbs up

I also agree that if you are looking for a new adventure game, try out <a href="http://grim.adventuregamer.com">Grim Fandango</a>! If you want something a bit older, try Sam & Max, another Lucasarts adventure game.

If you want to get REALLY old. Try out LOOM. It plays very similar to Monkey Island 1, and the story is great. (After playing LOOM, you will also understand a lot more hidden jokes in the monkey island games.)

ZeroXcape
zeroxcape@escapemi.com
EMI Webmaster
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2000, 02:06 PM   #4
Kighr

Yeah...LOOM is the greatest...back in the day when it and Secret of Monkey Island were new, those were the only two games that we had...if you haven't played either of those two, I really recommend buying them (it can't cost even $20), and then get Monkey Island 2 if you haven't played it...although the worst in the series, whats the point of playing the third and fourth, without the background of the first and second?

Adios,

Kighr
Kighr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2000, 03:13 PM   #5
Ydon

Loom, Monkey Island series, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, Simon the Sorcerer series, and the Discworld series are all excellent adventures.
Ydon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2000, 04:21 AM   #6
Jester

Ive played and beaten a wide range of LucasArts games (DOTT, Sam n Max, Indy and the fate of atlantis, full throttle, the dig, all monkey islands) and currently working on GF) LucasArts Rocks!
Old 05-15-2000, 11:52 AM   #7
LeChuck

Grim Fandango is THE BEST adventure game ever released. Sorry to all fanatic MI lovers, but, I dont know, after CMI the mature theme and subtle humor of GF really felt good.

Plus the characters and settings were so engaging.

Loved it. Just wish it was longer.
After I finsihed it, I realized that, when I do finnaly kick the bucket, I wouldnt mind the afterlife to be like GF. Itll be a heck of a four years!
Old 05-15-2000, 09:00 PM   #8
h3l

thank you all for recomending me those excellent games

I think iīll be looking for "Loom" , the others i already finished.

except for Grim fandango, i had a prob in my pc and lost the savegames

Old 05-15-2000, 09:24 PM   #9
L_E_UT

Grim Fandango is my favorite adventure game, too. But, it has high system requirements in my view. Sure it is playable on a lesser system, but I would recommend a pentium II processor, otherwise the game crawls at times. On the other hand CMI had beautiful graphics and ran fine on a pentium machine.
L_E_UT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2000, 03:44 PM   #10
Zombie Monkey

Also, do try out a game called

"Beneath a steel sky".

It's a futuristic adventure game with lots of humor and a great storyline. The graphics is sort of MI2-ish if I remember correctly. I played it on the Amiga (and it's still my favourite game for that computer), but there's also a PC version.
Zombie Monkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2000, 05:56 PM   #11
Ydon

Hmm, Beneath a Steel Sky, that's Tex Murphy right? I never did get around to playing that series.
Old 05-16-2000, 06:12 PM   #12
Zombie Monkey

No, It's not Tex Murphy (although there's a TM game with a similar name - "Under a killing Moon", I think).

Steel sky is more futuristic/sci-fi. You've really missed out on something if you haven't played it!
Zombie Monkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2000, 06:26 PM   #13
Ydon

Hmm, I know I've heard the name before, I'll have to look into it.
Old 05-18-2000, 08:16 PM   #14
Jawa

Quote:
If you want something a bit older, try Sam & Max, another Lucasarts adventure game.
Just wanted to let you all know that i believe Sam 'n Max is open source (free) now. I might be wrong, but Ive seen full versions on several web sites, so if you dig around I'm sure you could find a copy on-line.

------------------
-Jawa
Jawa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2000, 11:28 PM   #15
Ydon

Yeah, you can get the voiceless version free... but it's really not half as funny without the voices, and the humor is the real strength of the game I'd suggest buying the CD "talkie" version.
Old 05-19-2000, 04:35 AM   #16
Chronic9ball

I recommend only La games man...there best adventure games ever no one will beat them..Sanitaurim was a good game.

Now i have to say the best adventure for me was Full throttle cause it was my first game.
But overall

The best is The dig..
I recommend u get this game dude. U will luv it.
It has the best story line ever..People have said.
The best compelling music u will ever hear.
Sean clark did a sweet job on the game. and now is making Mi4
The hardest god damn puzzles u will ever see in your life. Trust me..Pople and comapnays have said it was the heardest game ever..throuhg everthing.

It took me and my friend 2 fricken long years to beat it. But when i was done, I felt good and wanted more Adventure. I tell u get this game!!!!!!!!!

------------------
The weed has landed
Chronic9ball is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2000, 08:01 AM   #17
h3l

I had a problem in my pc and lost all my
grim fandango savegames

Maybe someone here can help me find a web page or another way to get savegames of grim fandango.

About "the dig" itīs a great adventure
even tough i never been able to finish it
...too hard!

Thank you

Old 05-19-2000, 11:54 AM   #18
LeChuck

Thumbs up

Speilberg should make "The Dig" a movie.

The technology exists now. that what he wanted to originaly do but couldnt.
Old 05-19-2000, 02:36 PM   #19
Ydon

I beat The Dig in less than a week without any walkthroughs .

Anyway, I think The Dig was more a good concept that wasn't pulled off that well, good story, but it didn't translate that well into an adventure game. Anyway, I still loved the game, but it's definatly not one of my favorites, though the book rocked.
Old 05-19-2000, 03:33 PM   #20
LeChuck

Yeah the game just didnt have the warmth other LEC games have. It just seemed to serious. I mean it was serious subject matter but, I prefer CMI and GF types of adventure games.
Old 05-19-2000, 03:57 PM   #21
ZeroXcape

The seriousness of the game was what I liked the most of it. With the music included, parts of the game were incredibly suspensful.

Also, The Dig was meant to be a movie, but due to costs and other restraints, it never was produced. If it was released way back when, it would have been great, but after the recent movies that parallel the plot, it might loss some of its thunder now-a-days.

------------------
ZeroXcape
EMI.com Webmaster
zeroxcape@escapemi.com
Old 05-19-2000, 05:50 PM   #22
Ydon

Heh, I love serious adventure games, it's just I didn't think The Dig was pulled off that well. I still love it, and play it every now and then, it just could have been so much more IMO.
Old 05-20-2000, 11:34 AM   #23
LeChuck

Question

I was quite younger when I bought The Dig. Maybe Ill try to beat it mow. I really as confused in someways about it.
Old 05-20-2000, 12:31 PM   #24
ZeroXcape

The part that confused me the most and eventually lead me to give the game up for about a year was that dead alien turtle!@#! I couldn't for the life of me figure out which bones were what.

------------------
ZeroXcape
EMI.com Webmaster
zeroxcape@escapemi.com
Old 05-20-2000, 03:43 PM   #25
Ydon

Yeah, I had a friend that had that problem... I figured it out first try after about two hours of walking back and forth between the turtle fossil, and the bones you have to construct.

The puzzle that really stumped me was the blue crystal/robot thingy that has to pick up the lense, I hate that thing...

[This message has been edited by Ydon (edited May 20, 2000).]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > aAAArgh