lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More than ten weapons?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2001, 10:56 AM   #1
Juubarf

More than ten weapons?

I know that having only 10 weapons is simpler than 10+ guns because you can asign them to the numbers 1-0 on the top of the key board, but that also reduces the oppertunity to include a lot of cool guns. Some JK players might remember playing Space Soilders 3 in which there was a hotkey that allowed you to switch, say, the shot gun with a double barrel shotgun. In MotS, there was a sniper scope you could attach to the stormtrooper rifle that increased it's range, damage, and accuracy. I hope they'll have something like that in JKII.

"I've got a better idea: I give you the phone call, and you give me my finger. No, wait!" "CUT!"
Juubarf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2001, 11:06 AM   #2
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

I reckon there should be loads more guns. Look at all the races in the star wars universe, they all have their own unique weapons, so there should be lots to pick up. I reckon they should have the same gun system as in Half Life.

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
FIDO Droid

Arrow

And in ss3, if you press F8, it allows the fists to hold a knife. Will it be like that in JK II? Where Kyle is in fists mode, then you press F8 or something to bring the Lightsaber out? I really hope it's not that way in JK II. Hey, I hope you guys from Raven are listening to this!
FIDO Droid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2001, 02:47 PM   #4
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
umm, the 2nd function of each number key didnt bother me at all. 1-fists/saber 2-bryar/blastec 3-st.rifle/scope and so on, if they expanded that, it wouldnt be too bad.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2001, 03:38 PM   #5
Seryl Cann

I don't think there should be too many weapons. That would distract the attention away from the lightsaber. This is Jedi Knight 2, not Dark Forces 3. Kyle is a Jedi Knight (a retired one, but still a Jedi Knight), so he should use the lightsaber and his force powers most of the time. The only gun that might be usefull to a Jedi Knight is a sniper gun, to take out enemies from a long distance.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

Seryl Cann
Last Starfighters League
http://www.starfighters.com/lsf
http://www.serylcann.com
Seryl Cann is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2001, 07:17 PM   #6
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
that is so very true, but it would be only smart to include guns for those who dont like to use the saber a lot, and for multi-player.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2001, 08:03 PM   #7
Juubarf

Hi Everybody! (in background: Hi Master Drivian!) I wrote the guns article with multiplayer in mind, though, if you have a gun in MP, you should be abl to use it in SP as well.

"I've got a better idea: I give you the phone call, and you give me my finger. No, wait!" "CUT!"
Juubarf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2001, 09:35 PM   #8
KillerBee

depends on the style of gameplay..
fast game play really needs quick weapons access.. seeing jo will have force buttons as well, more then 10 would add to the complexity of play, which is ok for slower gameplay.
KillerBee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2001, 07:15 PM   #9
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

It didnt slow down Half Life multiplayer....so i disagree with you there...it just adds more strategy to the game.

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > More than ten weapons?