lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: co-op play
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-23-2001, 01:02 AM   #1
Philbo

Post co-op play

alright, in the november PC Gamer, they said they were working on a still-on-the-drawing-board co-op play, which i know most of us (including, DEFINITELY, me) would like to see. so what do you guys think it should be like?

personally, i'm hoping for some two-person saber battles, and maybe someone could work on a mod remaking the fight between obi-wan, qui-gon, and darth maul at the end of episode one. any other ideas on interesting co-op maps or mods?

The Power Of HAT site has finally been updated!
Go there!
http://www.geocities.com/the_power_of_hat/index.html
Philbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 03:36 AM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Well i would bet my left.... well, a very vital part of me anyway, that some one will make that mod. its a given, its been done for JK even i believe... i also am hopeing for co op, ala Perfect Dark sorts...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 04:20 AM   #3
StephenG

i dont know if you people have played half-life on PS2. there is mode/game were you and a friend work together. it's like half-life (different story, not freeman saga) but this time you have a friend to watch your back.

Imagine 2+ Jedi side by side working together to infiltrate an imperial base to steal something (new weapon, plans etc).
or maybe you going on ahead while your buddy
protects your escape

i would love if there was a co-op mode something like this .

Dieu me pardonnera. C'est son motier. (God will forgive me. It's his job.)
-Heinrich Heine
StephenG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
wardz

What makes u so sure that co-op will be included? It is very time consuuming to make..

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Please keep sig size to a minimum : )
wardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 11:00 AM   #5
Jedi Howell

Location: somewhere just outside Raven headquarters(window), taking a sneak peek at JKII
If it isn't included in teh game(which would be great), then a mod for coop will be made. Sorta like HL, ala SvenCoop.

jh

I need a new sig...
Jedi Howell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 01:34 PM   #6
Darth Lunatic

MODS are ok, but i'd rather co-op supported out of the box. If not we'll have to wait months for some amatuer guys to make a co-op MOD, which will be buggy and crappy for a another few months. I'd rather Raven do all the hard work, since they are the pros! Obviously playing through Kyles story co-op could be a little tricky to handle...with scipted events and so fourth.

Maybe a co-op mode similar to half-life for ps2.A seperate story could be made involving a team of Jedi. With a couple of really hard levels to play co-operatively against computer oppponents to achieve a goal.

Playing as a Jedi in a FPS game, and co-op just fit so well together!!

My point is! Raven have to include some kind of co-op mode!

No way, man. No way, man! Get yourself another patsy, man. No way am I wearing a freakin' wire!
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 02:37 PM   #7
Agen
The Spoon Guy

What ur forgetting is PS2 has 2 controllers - Pc has aa keyboard and it woudl be difficult to make 2 controlls because then u've only got 1 mouse unless u installed a controller???? i have 1 but it's quite annoying and hard to control
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2001, 08:35 PM   #8
Philbo

i like StephenG's idea, i always wanted to join a friend to infiltrate a large base like on Endor or especially Hoth

besides, taking out stormtroopers with a buddy would always crack me up ("Die Rebel scum!" "SHADDUP!" "AGGHHGGG!!! ugh...")

The Power Of HAT site has finally been updated!
Go there!
http://www.geocities.com/the_power_of_hat/index.html
Philbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2001, 08:29 PM   #9
Wilhuf

Of course you could do 'base infiltration' in a human v human team game, rather than coop against a CPU enemy. Just a thought.

Although it would be a lot of fun to play the single player campaign online with another teammate.

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > co-op play