lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: does anyone know if...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-31-2001, 05:00 PM   #1
TrUeFoRcE

Post does anyone know if...

does anyone know if the light saber is part of a character model, or an attachment like guns etc... i heard something that kyle will never be without his light saber in the game or something like that so i was wondering if it was part of his actual player model and not just a attached weapon like the stormtrooper rifle or something
TrUeFoRcE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

How do you mean an attached model?? If you can force throw it then how is it attached??

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2001, 06:41 PM   #3
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Er, what Rave said.

Taking it a little bit further, Raven are using the Ghoul 2 tech., which actually allows you to attach separate items such as sunglasses, hats, backpacks etc. to characters, which can be shot off by the player. So the scope for attaching a variety of separate models is definitely there.

I am assuming this feature of Ghoul 2 will be implemented in JK2 - because it has been confirmed that Ghoul 2 is being used for the game's development in a preview I read somewhere.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2001, 07:10 PM   #4
TrUeFoRcE

i see, i thought it might have been attached to the model because ive seen a model where they had an item u could throw as part of the animation..it replaced some weapon in the model
TrUeFoRcE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2001, 05:19 AM   #5
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I believe it's a separate model and not an attachment of the body.

One example of this is not only the fact that you can throw it, but the fact that it can be dropped in battle, or knocked out of their hands somehow........

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > does anyone know if...