lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A Jedi Knight II ladder...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-03-2001, 12:56 AM   #1
slave01

Post A Jedi Knight II ladder...

I dont know about you guys, but I am getting sick of the current gaming ranking systems. I think that Jedi Knight II, should have its own ladder sysytem, restricted to JK II players only. What are some opinions on this?

"Don't let yourself become attached to anything that you are not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat, when you feel the heat around the corner"
slave01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2001, 03:35 AM   #2
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Perhaps, assuming there's dedicated servers, there could be a bunch of allocated servers worldwide which recorded game stats onto a site, where some system was calculated and it narrows the list down. Then invitations are sent to the players to meet at a server at a specific time. Maybe when people from opposite sides of the globe are playing, it could be played on a server in between both of them, so nooone has a lag advantage.

I don't know. Do we have confirmation on server types yet? We should get that.

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2001, 01:25 AM   #3
Letalis

Smile

Well, one thing's for sure, *yawns and stretches* I'd be on top!

-Letalis

the Corner <--Under Construction

--There's not one shred of evidence that supports the notion that life is meant to be serious...
Letalis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2001, 03:15 AM   #4
Wilhuf

I'm guessing that since there are several existing stat parsers that allow server admins to compile and post q3 game stats, that decentralized or distributed stats would be more commonplace. Although an 'official' ladder would be very cool.

Actually, it would be very fun to see Jedi Knight II go professional. E.g. people actually being paid money to compete and win in tournaments (as we find in Counterstrike and Quake3 for instance).

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > A Jedi Knight II ladder...