lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Someone explain to me what the fuss about the graphics is about?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-09-2001, 04:57 AM   #41
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
fear not.....my pannies are 100% un-wadded.....

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2001, 05:11 AM   #42
Vagabond

Good, Obi-Wad has taught you well

Boooo!!!
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2001, 07:03 PM   #43
Rancor

Vagabond knows where it's at. I completely agree that what we've seen so far is completely acceptable.

Anyway, if there is too much focus on the graphics, you end up with something like Unreal. Man, that game looked so amazing when it first came out...in fact, it still looks freaking amazing when I crank up all of the features. But it just was never very fun to play. If I ever got very far in that game, it was just for the visuals. And that didn't keep me playing or coming back for more.
Rancor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2001, 07:53 PM   #44
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

I would have thought much better, but the gameplay will feel exactly the same (like AI etc) cause their beein made in parrallel meaning they'll both utilise each others features! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2001, 07:54 PM   #45
Espada

IMO graphics is secondary to gameplay a close second is the multiplayer quality of the game.

i also believe beheading & Screaming foes are a must
Espada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 01:53 AM   #46
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Gameplay comes before graphics every time with me. I got JK and QII around the same time. QII may have looked better...but I've played the whole game through twice. I've played JK through to the end a lot more, and JK is back on my hard drive right now, together with MotS. I've even fired up Heretic II again. It's all in the gameplay.

Although I want JKO to look good (and it certainly does even now), I'll be far more interested in how the game plays.

That is why I was so concerned about the omission of the moral play - the choice between Dark and Light side - because it was a fundamental part of JK's singleplayer game.

IMHO, Raven should be careful that they don't strip out those elements that were unique to JK and made it such a different experience to other FPS games. JK was a game that taught you about consequences of actions within the game, and that is something missing from almost every other FPS so far. There should be rewards, but there should also be consequences, IMO.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 08:01 AM   #47
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

WOW...you lot write alot!

Old 06-10-2001, 09:20 AM   #48
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
and you dont

prolly why u have 260 posts, eh?

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 09:27 AM   #49
COWB0Y

Quote:
Doom2...I loved it, but immersive? Did you actually think a cyberdemon was gonna blast through your door and pump your ass full of rockets. Well I didn't
no, but to be honest i didnt think a storm trooper was gonna bust through my door either.

COWB0Y is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 09:31 AM   #50
mattpitt

Thumbs down

I'm sorry mate but u dont no wat ur talking about. This is Quake 3 engine heavily modified they double the polygon count and it looks brilliant 4 something thats been in development 4 only 11 weeks.!

mattpitt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #51
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Yeah....with double the polygon count that will make it amazing!! It will also double the specs in most parts.....will will mean for me......i'll need a new computer...except for my GeForce 3. Actually i dont think a GeFoce 3 and a P2 291Mhz really go together!

Old 06-10-2001, 07:24 PM   #52
Jedi_Killer

Lightbulb

Call it a guess but you would have gotten better performance in-game out of a GeForce 2MX and a 800mhz processor for less money than the GF3
Jedi_Killer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2001, 10:20 PM   #53
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
I have a geforce2 and a t-bird 1.333 ghz. I think I've said enough

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2001, 12:30 PM   #54
Sith Warrior

What's all the fuss about the garaphics? They are the best graphics anyone of us has ever seen in a Star Wars FPS before. And furthermore, as many have already posted, the team at Raven has only worked on the game for a few months(three, if memory serves). For someone who seems so interested in Jedi Knight and Jedi KnightII(or else you obviously wouldn't be here), you sure are going to great lenghts to trash it. So why don't you do us all a favor and try to lay off JKII's graphics? I think that everyone on this thread can tell you that it's not because the graphics are top-noch, it's because, even though they may be surpassed, they are the best graphics we've seen in a Star Wars FPS before.

A Fallen Jedi Struggles With His Past, His Enemies... And His Destiny
Sith Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Someone explain to me what the fuss about the graphics is about?