lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Its all about the physics....or is it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-24-2001, 02:15 AM   #1
Obi Kwan

Post Its all about the physics....or is it?

Right so when we were all following OBI Wan, we kept hearing all this jazz about the physics engine. Remember that clip where he jumps into a room and force pushes the table? Everything on top reacted differently to the same push, as it would in real life. Then there was that story about the flower pot falling down the stairs, how it could fall like an infinate number of different ways. So what is the deal; are we going to see some of this bad ass physics in OUTCAST, or has that idea been canned? Or was it just useless to begin with?

Thats my Hammond XTP aka The All-Nite Groove Machine
Obi Kwan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2001, 02:48 AM   #2
Mafia_Jabba

It has exactly been canned since it's never been brought up in JKII..but I'd very much like to see it..however I am unaware of the engine's capabilities.

Every Man Dies, But Not Every Man Truely Lives
-check yoru grammer
Mafia_Jabba is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2001, 02:53 AM   #3
Zorro

The physics aspect of the Q3 (although I'm not an expert) doesn't seem to be as realistic as Obi-Wan promised to be.

However, I would say you can expect what you'd see in any game made with Q3 engine but maybe somewhat modified.

Zorro! The Legend Has Returned!
Zorro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2001, 03:14 AM   #4
skyler

the guys at Raven are experts at the Q3 Engine . Who knows what tricks or enhancements they'll give it? It would ROCK if they managed physics like that! What do you say,RAVEN ?

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: skyler ]
skyler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2001, 08:11 PM   #5
Archie

Physics like that are doable in the Q3 engine, it's just a matter of time and coding...
Archie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2001, 05:54 PM   #6
The Wanderer

yes, but with a next spring release date, the one thing Raven doesn't have is time.

"Weeeeeeee!!! I just accidentally BLOOOOOOOOOOWED up the droid command ship, oopsie! he he he, say whatever happened to those other 100 driod command ships we saw orbiting the planet in the begining of the movie??? oopsie!!!! he he he"

-Anakin Skywalker (future Dark Lord of the Sith)
The Wanderer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2001, 06:30 PM   #7
HyperAquaBlast

hey so is the lightsaber fighting going to be like JK1 or will they use that mouse control they said they would have for Obi

Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. They're all lies but they are entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer...... is No
HyperAquaBlast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2001, 06:44 PM   #8
GEJoeSolo

saber fighting will never be really good untill they have it all in some sort of really good VR setup. then saber fighting will be awsome. but I'd like to see the code to pull that off

GEJoeSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2001, 08:14 PM   #9
Lucky

erm, what? why play video games at all then.

Walkin in a video game is just a simulation of walking, its not really accurate and doesn't require the attention to numerous variables that walking does in real life.

It's a game, so long as i can compete with other folks and its intellectually stimulating, as well as engrossing in terms of its overall SW'sh feel, I'm coo wit datcho.

Lucky

PS:
Lucky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2001, 09:37 AM   #10
ed_silvergun

Thumbs up

Yes, I agree with Lucky. It would be nice to see that kind of physics implemented in Jedi Knight II, but not at the expense of core gameplay.

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Its all about the physics....or is it?