lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: System Requirements
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
CESC_MasterYoda

Arrow System Requirements

Hello there,

I was wondering what the minimum and recommended system requirements will be for Jedi Outcast so I can start saving up for the upgrade. Hopefully it won't be too terribly expensive...hehehe

Thanks in advance,

MTFBWY

MasterYoda

Duct tape is like the Force; it has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
CESC_MasterYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2001, 03:35 PM   #2
Darth Simpson
Fudgy Cakes of Doom

Nobody knows.

I would think that the minimum would be around this :

P-II 400
64 MB+ RAM
16 MB+ graphics card
Darth Simpson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

The SOF2 maximum ones are a 1.5Ghz processor. I think thats a bit too high. Maybe more like a 1Ghz.

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2001, 09:24 PM   #4
ed_silvergun

Arrow

I'd consider the Team Arena recommended specs as a playable minimum for Jedi Outcast.

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2001, 10:11 PM   #5
TheJackal_jk2

But don't forget. These numbers a minimum system requirements. If you want the suggested, try adding 100 or even 250 of everything.

TheJackal_jk2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2001, 11:48 PM   #6
GEJoeSolo

I just want something that will use my computers abilities. coz it's too damn fast for it's oun good right now hehehe

GEJoeSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2001, 01:05 AM   #7
CESC_MasterYoda

Well, I was thinking of upgrading my P3 500 to 1000, and getting another 128 MB RAM (totalling 256), and then getting like a 64MB GeForce2. What do y'all think is the best graphic board out there currently for less than 200 bucks?

Thanks for replying.

MTFBWY

Duct tape is like the Force; it has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:41 AM   #8
digl

Question

Quote:
I'd consider the Team Arena recommended specs as a playable minimum for Jedi Outcast.
And that would be?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2001, 09:14 AM   #9
pops2002

Unhappy

LoL, don't talk about system requirements ...

- www.jediknight2.fr.st - icq: 34011925 -
pops2002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2001, 01:57 PM   #10
ZeroXcape

If you want to see our predictions, check out <a href="http://www.jediknightii.net/reqs.shtml">THIS</a> page.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2001, 10:09 PM   #11
CESC_MasterYoda

That helped a lot. Thanks so much.

Does that mean the GeForce3's new capabilities will be used? If so, I'll wait before upgrading my Graphics card, as I'm only upgrading for JK2...LOL And especially as I only have 500 bucks to upgrade my processor and/or motherboard and RAM. The price of GeForce3 is 400 Buckaroos...LOL Will have to wait and save.

But, again, thanks for your prediction. :-)

MTFBWY

Yoda

Old 06-24-2001, 09:41 PM   #12
TheJackal_jk2

I have a P4 1.4 GhZ

So I'm not really worried. Though untill JK2 comes out the only thing I'll probebly need to upgrade is my RAM. I have 128 and I want about 300.

I also right now have GeForce2 (Top end...forget the name of it). And I want the GeForce3

TheJackal_jk2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 07:29 AM   #13
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

Hell, at the rate which technology is moving we'd probably need a Supercomputer as a high-end system and a mainframe as a low-end system when JK II comes out.

"Is that a Lightsaber in your hand or are you just happy to see me ?"
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 11:08 AM   #14
StreeN

You cannot base the JK2's system regs on another game Raven is producing. Team Arena is one of the most graphically advanced games to date and to get running well you needed a PIII 700 with 128 MB RAM. On the other hand JK2 will be using the Q3 Arena engine which would run on a PII 266 with 64 MB RAM.
StreeN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 03:22 PM   #15
Chewie_Rips

We'll its dificult to say what the minimum requirements will be, but we can assume or make a good guess based on the Q3 Engine. Also, if you have plans to upgrade, primarily for JK2, wait! You are going to pay 30%-50% more now, then if you wait until like January or February of next year. Although, you could upgrade to a 1 gig P11 with 128mb of additional ram, with a 370 socketed mohter board, for $300( assuming you knonw how to install it). As far a video card goes , this best card for under $200( right now anyway)Asus-7700 Delux 32mb Geforce2 AGP W/DDR,or GeForce2 GTS 64mb with DDR( my card).

Also, with video cards. Don't always assume that the bigger the card, the better. There are several cards on the market that are 32mb in size, but can easily out-perform a differnt chip that is 64mb in size. As of now, my reccomendation is you are safe with any card powered by nVidia technology, GeForce series and invest in DDR technology.

As for good deals on hardware) aside from the occasional steal on ebay, which is good place to check) I use this site allot: http://www.mwave.com

I hope this helps you out Yoda, and I will see you on the zone( aka-headchange)

Chewie_Rips
Chewie_Rips is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 04:44 PM   #16
wardz

Any prediction you make now is worthless. Just wait till November time when we have some more info, then we can guage what sort of spec they are aiming for. Patience.

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Please keep sig size to a minimum : )
wardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 05:56 PM   #17
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
i have good patieance because i have little money... this helps a lot to deter me from upgrading, other wise computer stores repo my system.... d'oh!

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > System Requirements