lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Newbie Edititor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-26-2001, 07:01 PM   #1
Chewie_Rips

Post Newbie Edititor

For someone new to the editing field, is there any advice you can give me to get started? I have 3d Studio Max, and JED. I'm a complete newb when it comes to editing, and would like to start out with skins?? What is your advice and a reccomedation on the tools I will need to get started....Thanks

Chewie_Rips
Chewie_Rips is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
Wilhuf

Chewie, check out our Radiant Editor Resources and Links thread.

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2001, 08:30 PM   #3
Chewie_Rips

is the information from that threas conducive to JK, and not knowing how to even get started??? What do you suggest Whiluf??....thanks for the help, i really apreciate it

Chewie_Rips
Old 07-26-2001, 08:41 PM   #4
Wilhuf

The information in that thread is for Radiant, the Quake3 technology editor. It lists tutorials and FAQs for Q3 tech, which will be used for Jedi Outcast. There are a number of introductory tutorials that should help, if you want to get started with editing for Jedi Outcast (not Jedi Knight).

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2001, 02:34 PM   #5
Chewie_Rips

What are some of the tools I should start out with if I wanted to get into JK stuff, before JKO comes out??? What do you reccomend? Like I said, I'm very software literate, but when it comes to games and graphics tools, etc........i have no clue...so where should i start?? Thanks for the help..

Chewie_Rips
Old 07-27-2001, 04:10 PM   #6
magnum

Quote:
What are some of the tools I should start out with if I wanted to get into JK stuff, before JKO comes out???
Well, if you want to make JK stuff first, go to http://www.massassi.net

Anyway, I have to warn you about this: editing for JK is very different from what will be editing for JO/Quake/Elite Force.
The only thing in common they have is that both are in 3D

My opinion is that if you want to know what feels to edit, try Quake 2 or 3, they're easier to start with.
Of course, it's just my opinion, do whatever pleases you most. Hey, what the heck! Try both !!!
Good luck with your editing!

Does someone knows Mara Jade's ICQ#?
magnum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2001, 06:38 PM   #7
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
where did you get ahold of 3dmax and its key?

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2001, 06:42 PM   #8
Kurgan

Thumbs up

We get our's through school.
  you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Newbie Edititor