lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hold On Just A Second Now
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-15-2001, 04:08 PM   #41
wardz

I'd go with digl, having the admins vote would be better, but then again why should they? We all know who are the people that make sensible comments, and they are the ones that become more respected rather than the people who post 3000 times a day for the sake of it, with nothing decent to add...

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Please keep sig size to a minimum : )
wardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2001, 05:41 PM   #42
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

I think the rating system is dull. It only develops conflicts. We all said this at the beginning! Im gonna hide mine cause its pointless....whose with me!!!!!!

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2001, 06:51 PM   #43
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

Maybe the admins here could disable it entirely?
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2001, 07:14 PM   #44
ChrisC3po

The ratings can be disabled. Turning them off will be discussed at the next LG.com meeting, sometime this week. I’ll keep you guys updated.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2001, 08:12 PM   #45
wardz

I feel a little uneasy about the potential return of OWK.net. While most of the old regs will still go back, maybe myself included, you can't expect it to be the same and that may inturn 'ruin' the fun we all had before it was closed.

I would like to see other peoples opinions on this...

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Old 06-15-2001, 08:53 PM   #46
Vagabond

My thoughts on the return of OWK.net is that it's a legitimate site for LucasGames to cover, but most of us old regulars shouldn't expect it to be the same site we came to love. Let's admit it - while some may have been truly interested in the X-Box version of Obi-Wan, most of us were really jonsing for a JKII-type game. That's why most of us went to the Obi-Wan site in the first place - because LucasArts initially marketed it as a sequel to Jedi Knight.

Obi-Wan should be covered as the X-Box title that it is, but for those of us who have already stepped through the looking glass, we can never go home again.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:38 PM   #47
digl

Quote:
most of us were really jonsing for a JKII-type game
Agree

In the tradition of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight
One of their biggest mistakes was that phrase
Old 06-15-2001, 10:55 PM   #48
wardz

I think you have hit the nail on the head there vag, I will be quite happy to see how the old dog is doing, but it is time to make way for the next lot.

It is not my\our place to go back and hog it all. That would be unfair to the people who actually want it for the xbox rather than us going down memory lane...

I feel I may be outnumbered on this view as everyone will shoot back at the first opportunity, but I am just warning people more than anything - not to expect it to be a replica of the OWK.net we once flocked to.

wardz

Welcome to JKII.Net.

Old 06-15-2001, 11:24 PM   #49
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Heh...I'm late to the thread again, as usual.

As far as the Stars rating system goes, I don't really see any point to it. Anyone can give you any rating whether they know you or not, whether they've read your posts and agree with you or not. And it has no particular function, so I think it might be a good idea to ditch it.

I think the same goes for other Ranks, like Stormtrooper, Mercenary etc, tied to how many posts you've made. What usually happens is someone decides they absolutely must have the greatest number of posts, and they will post anything just to bump up their post-count.

I think that's rather pointless. Personally, I usually only post something when I feel I have something good to contribute to the forum, either to help others, or to debate pertinent issues.

Regarding OWK.Net...yeah, I think you guys are right. We had some really good times over there, and I have some fond memories - but like anything, once you move on, if you try to go back to something you've left behind, it never feels the same.

I vote we enjoy the here and now, and attempt to make these forums as good and friendly as OWK.Net was.

Also, long live the Galactic Plumberman Alliance!
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2001, 12:15 AM   #50
Aragorn

Unhappy

Yeah, I can't see myself going back to OWK.net. It won't be the same...
I wouldn't like to see 3000 members here either...That way you will never know the person you are talking to.

As for the ratings, I agree with most of you people, we really have to get rid of them.

One Ring to rule them all...
Aragorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2001, 12:38 AM   #51
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
There isn't a stormtrooper rank that I'm aware of.

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2001, 02:46 PM   #52
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Ratings are pointless anyway. If someone doesnt like you, then theyd give you a good rating. I someone does like you, then you get a high rating. Either way it'll cause conflicts. Just scrap them i say!! OR, have a vote on the main page. Just an idea!!!

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2001, 08:32 PM   #53
Boba Rhett

Thumbs up

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. How about having that as the next poll?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Hold On Just A Second Now