lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Luke's Blue Saber in ESB?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-10-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
SlowbieOne

Post Luke's Blue Saber in ESB?

I was watching Empire Stikes Back again, and I realized that Luke's saber, which was Anakin's, who gave it to Obi-Wan(or maybe he didnt give it to Obi,probably though) was impossible for him to have after A New Hope. Ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Kenobi was struct down by Vader in A New Hope, and the saber fell to the ground. Meanwhile, Luke wasn't anywhere near it to retrieve it before he fled on the Falcon. Sooooooo, HOW THE HECK DID HE GET IT?!?!?!? (Unless he built it, but i doubt it since he didnt build his own until Return of the Jedi) I have a feeling this must have beed mentioned somewhere sometime. Anyone have any input? I can't believe I've never noticed
SlowbieOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 02:41 AM   #2
Jimi-Wan

Ok, when Obi-Wan was killed, he was killed with his own saber. If you remember in ANH, in Kenobi's place, Ben gave the lightsaber to Luke then, so Luke always had it from then on untill it was chopped off w/ his right hand in cloud city.

"You must do what you feel is right."
Jimi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 02:50 AM   #3
SlowbieOne

Are you sure? How do you know? I could've SWORN they shared it? They never said anything about Obi having his own saber. Besides, Obi lost his blue saber in TPM, and I'm pretty sure he has Qui-Gon's old green saber in Attack of the Clones.
SlowbieOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 02:54 AM   #4
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

Jimi is right. Obi-Wan gives Luke a separate saber in ANH, and Obi-Wan keeps his own. Maybe in the 30 years between ANH and TPM, Obi-Wan built a new blue one. Or he gives Qui Gonn's to Anakin to train with, and builds himself a new one.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 01:25 PM   #5
oninosensi

If i am right, you see luke wearing his saber as he runs up the ramp into the falcon.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 02:30 PM   #6
Hannibal

Slowbie( ), is it so hard to believe that Obi-Wan(a jedi) built a knew lightsaber after TPM. He used Qui-Gon's to kill Maul but Qui-Gon was 6-5 and had humongous hands there's no way a lightsaber that Qui-Gon build for himself could be continously used by Obi-Wan.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 07:40 PM   #7
KillerBee

maybe, just maybe, qui gons sabre, being used by ob1 to battle anakin in ep3, gets dropped down a pit that appears from no where?
KillerBee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Luke's Blue Saber in ESB?