lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: converting civ's droids and builders
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
jigga

converting civ's droids and builders

I was wondering if you were able to convert a other race droid and start building another civ's buildings like in starcraft. Then you would be able to have up to 400 hundred troops with 2 different races.

In starcraft(for those that dont know) if you were able to convert say a zerg drone( protoss only had the ability to convert ) you were able to build zerg buildings and troops and have another 200 hundred unit count.

This could cause some major lag since everyone is able to convert units.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
I doubt this would happen...though if you consider it. Imps take Wookie castle then start making BERSERKERS!!!!! Now there is a thought. Hadn't considered that one...

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 04:07 PM   #3
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

In AOK, if monks would convert a barracks of celts or something, they could get the build-speed-bonus those barracks have but not be able to build the unit-types..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 04:08 PM   #4
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Yes but they would have totally different art work in this game...

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 04:11 PM   #5
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

...which makes it even MORE difficult to do this. You'd have one player controlling two civs. i think it's impossible..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > converting civ's droids and builders