lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Advertising Threadô
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-12-2001, 02:41 PM   #1
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
Lightbulb The Advertising Threadô

Because not everyone knows about every LucasArts site out there, and because people are intent on advertising the sites they work on anyway, why not make one thread where all the posts (or most of them) are simply saying who you are and what site you work on? This would be especially interesting if you have some site hidden off in the middle of nowhere that happens to have some good stuff on it (DanSky's site comes to mind).

I work on www.mixnmojo.com and www.samandmax.net, both fairly known sites with nothing of merit whatsoever... so I'll shut up and let you all post.

Visit: The International House of Mojo - Sam & Max.net - Thumbs - [url=http://www.telltalegames.com]Telltale Games
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 02:48 PM   #2
Erwin_Br
Swinging!

LFN Staff Member 
Okay, here I go:

I'm project leader of RoBOT (www.robot.mixnmojo.com) which is an adventure engine just like SCUMM, SCRAMM and whatever engines are out there.

I'm also having my own projects and you can find out about them at www.emptyhouse.cjb.net. One of my freeware game projects is Alpha Wing, a mix between adventure and space sim (just like Wing Commander, but then in top-down view).

I'm also working on an adventure game, but because time is sparse (work & school) I've decided to concentrate on Alpha Wing first before I continue.

That's about it

--Erwin

Visit Adventure Developers! - Your hub for independent and hobbyist adventure development.
Erwin_Br is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #3
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
I'm the First Mate (meaning I'm Skyfox's ***** pretty much) at The Monkey Island SCUMM Bar - http://www.thescummbar.com. Most Monkey Island fans probably know the site, but in case you don't, it's probably the oldest existing MI site that's still running, and where you go to catch exclusives like Bill Tiller and Ron Gilbert interviews. </advertise>

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:12 PM   #4
Trapezoid

I'm Trapezoid, and I run the ever popular Animutation.com. I also have a music page.
I'm working on an amature adventure as well, but it's still in very early stages.

* Signature *
Trapezoid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:13 PM   #5
Schmatz
Warrior of Crisis

I work at The Dig site (dig.mixnmojo.com ) as Zaarin's *****! Heh just kidding. I also help out at an anime site called Axion anime with my friend, but I don't do too much.

I completely run premisesnj.f2s.com for my friend's band, called "Premises". I also do a couple other sites that used to be on-line, but are now off until I feel like uplaoding them . Thanks for checking them out!

Schmatz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #6
Gabez

I... er... have a site, too. Please go to it.

HERE
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:25 PM   #7
Dalixam
Rookie

I'm Dalixam, webmaster and owner of The World of Monkey Island. WorldofMI is the biggest Monkey Island site on the net and it has everything you could ever dream of. Including lists of over 500 in-jokes, secrets, errors, and more It is also the home of the "Secret of Monkey Island" comic by Paco Vink and many of his other drawings.

Dalixam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:39 PM   #8
Paco (V)
Rookie

I am Paco and I'm Dalixam's sidekick We fight crime.
I did the design for The World of Monkey Island and as my "boss" already said, I'm the creator of The Secret of Monkey Island comic.

If you like my drawingsyou can also check the FanArt section of The One Ring.net, which features some pictures by me of The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit books. (http://fan.theonering.net/art/gallery/artist/Paco)

Pacomania:
http://www.pacomania.com

The World of Monkey Island:
http://www.worldofmi.com
Paco (V) is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:40 PM   #9
Haggis
Mojorator

OK, I am the founder (sounds very important) of the Monkey Island Art Connection (yay!): http://www.webdot.f2s.com/mi-art

I also have my own (stupid, crazy, etc.) site here: http://haggis.rules.nu (if it doesn't work, try http://www.geocities.com/haggisnl [I am aware of having a Geocities site, no need to point out that painful fact. Thank you.])

Also take a look at my art. Or don't. http://www.side7.com/art/janjmeke

Haggis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #10
ED
Fangames.co.uk

Ok (are you ready for this?) I'm the owner of Lucas Art Fan Games (The site for all those games that will be removed by LEC within a week J/K) and the programmer of Mi2.5. Mi2.5 is going very well and I should be able to post some of the backround art pics soon along with the first playable demos in about 3 months time. Stay looking for them. I all so work on th BSBC (Brimstone beach club) as co admin to Mymipage (Mod on milegend forums) both sites are doing very well.

ED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #11
The Adventurer

I'm founder and Project leader of "Last Great Adventure Games" a adventure game develop ment group...ok group being me. WE don't have a site yet but i'm working on it but we are looking for some help in the creation of our first game. Experiance would help but is not nessesary. Drop my a line at THE_LAST_GREAT_ADVENTURER@yahoo.com if your interested.

The Adventurer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 04:05 PM   #12
Haggis
Mojorator

Quote:
Originally posted by ED
I should be able to post some of the backround art pics soon
How many did you have in mind, ED? I have a tight schedule, you know. Anyway, I didn't have time today, because I passed M$ exam 70-100...

Old 12-12-2001, 04:18 PM   #13
scabb
zo

Webmaster (I fink site's down) - Adventure Game Solutions

Graffix (I did em but I dont get credit, well I did a few including the button which I am proud of cos I arent too good ) - Bs3 Site
scabb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 04:18 PM   #14
ED
Fangames.co.uk

sorry Haggis the statment wasn't aimed at you. I was just saying that i might upload some of the pics you've already done for everyone to see. I'd share your great art.

Old 12-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #15
Haggis
Mojorator

Oh, OK, that's cool. Do I have permission to display those pics on my Side 7 gallery too?

Old 12-12-2001, 04:41 PM   #16
ED
Fangames.co.uk

Sure.

and what do you want people for "the adventure"

Old 12-12-2001, 04:45 PM   #17
DJG
Bot of the Year

Hi. I'm DJG. I break stuff. And for some reason I have a Brak avatar even though I've never seen the show.

DJG
The International House of Mojo
www.mixnmojo.com
DJG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 06:45 PM   #18
telarium
Magic Duck Man

I'm Andrew "telarium" Langley. I'm a Mixnmojo news poster, interviewer, reviewer, and E3 tagger-alonger. In addition, I'm one of the originators and now soul proprietor of HighLand Productions. Oh yeah, and the Michael Land fan page is also mine and I still keep in touch with Mr. Land on occasion. Oh yeah, and I helped a little bit with SCUMM Revisited.

I hope to have some really, really cool new HighLand remixes up in the coming months.

telarium@mixnmojo.com
The Int'l House of Mojo
www.mixnmojo.com
telarium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 06:47 PM   #19
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
My name is Mud. I work at many websites which you've probably been to before. I run The Grim Fandango Network, and I help out at The Legend of Monkey Island. I also run a smaller Grim Fandango site, Bones of Life, which I inherited from Bone Man. I'd also like to plug The Sam and Max Network, although I didn't do too much work on the main page there. Ooh, and I'm a lackey at Mixnmojo, too. There, my ego is fed.

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 07:11 PM   #20
Courthold
Shifty eyes ¨¨

Two sites to mention here. First is LightStep Studios which i run; currently we're working on an RPG/Adventure game. Site and details up very soon so stay tuned!

Secondly, Adventure Developer which has been down along with mojo for the past few months. Good news is that it should be back very shortly, and hopefully almost up to date with everything that's been going on. New content is already being worked on, so expect AD back before you know it!

tom@axenet.org

Adventure Developers : http://www.adventuredevelopers.com

Axenet IRC : http://www.axenet.org
Courthold is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #21
xGrimx
GFN Staff

Hello everyone, this is my first post at these new fancy boards. Anyhow I work over Grim Fandango Central, that's really about it. I have some unknown projects but there not done yet. Not sure if they ever will be..

xGrimx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 07:18 PM   #22
Blondebeard
MILegend.com

I'm the webmaster and designer of The Legend of Monkey Island. MILegend is a bluish site with the biggest downloads, characters and animated gifs section of Monkey Island.

The Legend of Monkey Island
http://www.milegend.com/
Blondebeard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 07:38 PM   #23
ProfessorYoda
Rookie

Hey -
I run the LucasArts Voice Actors Archive, which basically just lists the people who have done voice acting for LEC's games, all of their LEC roles, and other highlights of their careers and/or lives. I also try to get pictures for as many of these guys as I can find. Anyway, the address (when Mojo returns) is actors.mixnmojo.com.

-ProYo
"This New Year I'm giving up smoking, drinking, and my civil rights!"
----------------------------------
http://actors.mixnmojo.com
ProfessorYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 09:18 PM   #24
TunaMurray

Hi everyone, I'm TunaMurray. My site is http://www.murraysweb.net -which I actually have 3 sites off of- but I havenít updated it in so long. It also seems I never finish anything on it I always get bored and move on to new things -so itís more like a big storage bin for all my animations and stuff. Other than that off the web I love to fish on a boat called the Royal Polaris that goes down in the Pacific Mexican waters and plan to work for the worlds top sport fisherman to pay for college in less than a year.

-TM

Ther' Be Fight'n Cows Below
TunaMurray is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 11:26 PM   #25
Trapezoid

Ooh! I just created a new site---

Octavio's Ghost Pictures

If you have five minutes go through it, it's pretty funny.

Oh and if you're confused, the pictures are fake.

* Signature *
Trapezoid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 11:39 PM   #26
Sarah
Tetris Attack Guru

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm an alcoholic.

Except not. Someone somewhere may have seen the nick "invisibelle."
I'm Mixnmojo's ho. I correct Spaff and Jake's typing mistakes... among other things.
Nobody ever asks me to write anything because I am illiterate.

Oh, also I play the flute, if anyone heard the HighLand Underground Tunnels or Crab Raft remixes.

Thirsty for distance.
Sarah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 11:44 PM   #27
Squinkee

I'm Ross. I guess I might as well pimp off Listen To Me, which has absolutely nothing to do with LEC. Wait, I think we did a Maniac Masion review once. Go there now.

Three people agree!
http://www.listentome.net
Squinkee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2001, 11:57 PM   #28
MtBlanc

My name is Greg. You probably know me more as "mtblancpamir" the incoherent nick name that few understand. Here, on LucasForums, I go by Dinghy Dog for some reason unbeknownst to me. I blame EMI.com. Anyways, I "work" on Metallus's site Snuckey's where I supposedly write things. Also, I would be working on Jojo's MonkeyCenter, if it were up and going. And I really do work at LucasConsoles, writing features and hopefully reviews, if only gamestop.com would send me functional games that don't have more scratches than Beastie Boys songs!!! Damn you gamestop.com! *Proceeds to shake his fist*

And in that unwarranted outburst of pent-up rage, I'm finished.

LucasForums SuperMod
Please take time out to root for the Mariners and visit:
www.lucasconsoles.com
www.samandmax.net
MtBlanc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 01:53 AM   #29
Ben Whatsisname
King of the Road

Current Game: Keepsake, Jack Keane
Do *not* call me Ruben Throttle

Howdy. My name is Ben Whatsisname (Ben_Whatsisname on IRC) and I run The Kickstand nd Full Throttle Game guide on Mixnmojo, as well as a non-mojo Quake III Mapping site/group called Got Quad? I am one of the #monkey-island elders, married with a daughter.

Print and submit this signature for a free breakfast with the works* at The Kickstand
---
* The "works" is a beating so intense, you'll pray for death.
Ben Whatsisname is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 04:35 AM   #30
DanSky
Lurker

MX arts site updated

I update a 3d gallery with shots of a noir city.
Inspired by SW and GRIM FANDANGO.

http://dansky.interfree.it

The site is under heavy restyling...
plz report any bugs.

--- DanSky
DanSky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 09:19 AM   #31
Darnn
Ignoring unread posts

I'm Darnn.
I don't have a site, but I seem to be a moderator for these forums now. (Years of op-begging in #M-I finally pay off!)
Darnn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 09:33 AM   #32
Haggis
Mojorator

Do people actually read all these ads?

Old 12-13-2001, 11:02 AM   #33
Skyfox
Rookie

Wink

Did Remi already post about the SCUMM Bar here? wow.. I have that guy trained so well don't I? ;p No really, you are much appreciated for all the help!

All the Best
~Skyfox the Slave Driver
Skyfox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 12:31 PM   #34
raVen_image

Quote:
Originally posted by Haggis
Do people actually read all these ads?
With a View to Post ratio of 7:1, someone must be reading it...you and I did, anyway.

I have a site, but it's not lucasArts, so it's not appropraiate to advertise here, but I throw my support towards Dalixam's site. As a casual surfer, it runs circles around the other "Monkey Island" Sites that I've seen on the net. Dalixam has put together a great site and Paco's artwork is not to be missed.

Once it's back up and running ...worldofmi is a must see
raVen_image is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 03:43 PM   #35
JBRAA
Likes Mojo ;)

this is my site, it's a gallery of LucasArts and mojo fan art.
http://mixnmojo.cjb.net/

I also burn rubber with Ben Whatsisname at The Kickstand.
http://kickstand.mixnmojo.com/
JBRAA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2001, 03:48 PM   #36
Schmatz
Warrior of Crisis

I read them every time there is a new post here.

Schmatz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2001, 04:54 PM   #37
Sarah
Tetris Attack Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Dinghy Dog
And I really do work at LucasConsoles, writing features and hopefully reviews, if only gamestop.com would send me functional games that don't have more scratches than Beastie Boys songs!!! Damn you gamestop.com! *Proceeds to shake his fist*

plz. GameStop rox your sox. you should have gotten off your butt and gone to the actual store. :P

Thirsty for distance.
Sarah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2001, 05:49 PM   #38
iisaac

I've got nothing. Whose up for grape juice?
iisaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2001, 02:51 PM   #39
mymipage
brimstonebc.com

I'm mymipage. I own the Brim Stone Beach Club - http://www.brimstone.77th.com. I work on other various and Forums (milegend as a Forum Mod, The Talking Skull as a staff member, The MI Monkey Center as a news updater and more...) Most people know me from milegend.

Blondebeard, when are the milegend Forums going to return

Hey! I'm me
mymipage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2001, 06:43 PM   #40
Blondebeard
MILegend.com

Most probably when we move back to Mojo.

The Legend of Monkey Island
http://www.milegend.com/
Blondebeard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > The Advertising Threadô