lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Medical Units?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-13-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

Medical Units?

sorry folks, don't know if you guys have talked about this on a previous post because i've been busy studying. however, will there be units produced whose duty is similar to medics in starcraft or priests in AoK that can heal wounded units. i'm going to make the assumption that your workers can repair vehicles and buildings........

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 12:09 AM   #2
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Drinker of Hot Chocolate

hey i never thought of that! good point. i hope that medical units have a way to defend themselves.

Thrawn's Driving Theories

1. Green light means go. Yellow light means go faster. Red light means you didn't go fast enough.
2. If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the road. . . and the sidewalk. . . heck don't come outside.
3. I'm going to drive really, really fast. That way I'll pass all the scenes of the accidents before they even happen!
4. Real men don't need brakes.
5. If other cars can't feel your CD playing, it's not loud enough.

Motto: As far as I can, as fast as I can, as loud as i can.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by thrawn12786
hey i never thought of that! good point. i hope that medical units have a way to defend themselves.
Think Jedi...

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
Tie Guy

WEll, healing definately isn't a dark side power, so i doubt that the sith will have it. And i think Mr. Fixit said that conversion and cloak are all a jedi has...or needs. Maybe they will have an individual "medic" unit, like a two onebee droid, but i doubt it.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #5
Kvan

Yeah, like maybe medical droids can repair your units (like 2-1B or FX droids).
Sounds like a solid idea
Old 08-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #6
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Drinker of Hot Chocolate

well, i guess thats a good point, but would sith be able to heal?

1. Green light means go. Yellow light means go faster. Red light means you didn't go fast enough.
2. If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the road. . . and the sidewalk. . . heck don't come outside.
3. I'm going to drive really, really fast. That way I'll pass all the scenes of the accidents before they even happen!

Old 08-13-2001, 12:13 AM   #7
FlyBOy

Maybe they will have 2-1B droids and bacta tanks, that would be neat
FlyBOy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 12:19 AM   #8
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Drinker of Hot Chocolate

that would be cool! and if you put units near the bacta tanks or 21bs than they should automatically repair/heal the guy near them just like medics in starcraft.

Old 08-13-2001, 12:25 AM   #9
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
that would be cool! and if you put units near the bacta tanks or 21bs than they should automatically repair/heal the guy near them just like medics in starcraft.
But you have to remeber that this is based on the AoK engine NOT Starcraft. I think they will have it for Sith anyway. Remeber no pain for ANY jedi
Droids I doubt will be medics. They don't want to do animations for something that they really don't NEED

Old 08-13-2001, 12:29 AM   #10
Tie Guy

I'm fairly sure that Mr. Fixit said that jedi will not heal. But i could be wrong.....

Anyways, I can just see it now.....Bacta Troopers!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:33 AM   #11
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I'm fairly sure that Mr. Fixit said that jedi will not heal. But i could be wrong.....

Anyways, I can just see it now.....Bacta Troopers!
BACTA TROOPERS??? Hey wait a sec...1411 posts. You had what 1444+ when the system goofed. Did It not get you or something???

Old 08-13-2001, 12:33 AM   #12
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Drinker of Hot Chocolate

perhaps they could be those insectoid creatures that make bacta?

Old 08-13-2001, 12:43 AM   #13
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
VERPINE??? No the Empire wouldn't have them and what would the Gungans or Wookies be doing with VERPINE on their side??? Bacta troopers...strange...

Old 08-13-2001, 12:46 AM   #14
Tie Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by darthfergie

BACTA TROOPERS??? Hey wait a sec...1411 posts. You had what 1444+ when the system goofed. Did It not get you or something???
I think that i had somewhere between 1500 and 1600 before the problem. I'm not sure, i don't pay too much attention to it really.

BTW, don't the Verpine make ryll, and the Thyferrans make bacta?
Old 08-13-2001, 01:00 AM   #15
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
BTW, don't the Verpine make ryll, and the Thyferrans make bacta?
...Hmmm...dang!!! I don't entirely remember!!!
What book where Verpines introduced in?
Wheren't they first seen in the Rogue Squadron series???
Verpine don't work on thyferra that is true. But they do work well in low Gs or zero Gs... What book are they from then it will all come back to me. please tell me somebody this is bugging me to DEATH!! Just PM me okay!!! I NEED THE INFO BEFORE I GO INSANE!!

Last edited by darthfergie; 08-13-2001 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:42 AM   #16
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

i'd imagine the Jedi heal, because of the engine conversion.
The Jedi are the Monks in AOK. Monks in AOK heal, so Jedi would logically do that in GB.
don't be surprised if you'd find a regular 'medic' roaming the fields though..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 11:43 AM   #17
jigga

In a preview, I can't remember which one but they said that jedi cannot heal. I think they are more of a military unit, you want your jedi fighting not healing people during a battle.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:56 AM   #18
xwing guy

its not the verpine! Its the vatarix from the 4th X-wing book. Verpine are good sclicers and mechanics. Also about the healing I think jedi and sith would heal infantry and workers repair building, mechs, heavy weapons, air units, and ships.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:29 PM   #19
Tie Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
i'd imagine the Jedi heal, because of the engine conversion.
The Jedi are the Monks in AOK. Monks in AOK heal, so Jedi would logically do that in GB.

But if you looked at it that way then the only logical thing would be for jedi not to attack, since monks didn't.

BTW, i think the book was "The Bacta War" or the "The Kyrtos Trap."
Old 08-13-2001, 05:49 PM   #20
Booya2020

Sith might not be able to heal but Im hopin that they can kill units like how Darth Vadar kills everyone under his command that does not live up to his expectations. Id rather have that than heal or convert...

Rule 1: I am the boss
Rule 2: If you disagree with me see rule #1
Booya2020 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 06:00 PM   #21
Ewok14

I Think that the sith should vbe able to heal units coz the only way Vader lived was because the sith rewarded his evil by giving him a new liver and other vital organs and every time he felt good about soemthing o showed any affection to anything the dark side would instantly take the liver away
Old 08-13-2001, 06:05 PM   #22
Darth_Rommel
argh

How do you know that?

#9[/size]
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 06:12 PM   #23
Kvan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ewok14
I Think that the sith should vbe able to heal units coz the only way Vader lived was because the sith rewarded his evil by giving him a new liver and other vital organs and every time he felt good about soemthing o showed any affection to anything the dark side would instantly take the liver away
I always thought the darkside being able to heal is stupid! It's evil, everything about it should be about taking away and pain, not healing and such.
BTW Where did you hear all that?!
Old 08-13-2001, 06:15 PM   #24
Ewok14

Can't Remember Read it Somehwere in one of the books i think
Old 08-13-2001, 06:25 PM   #25
Tie Guy

What, a coloring book? j/k

I really don't remember that in any of the books i've read, and that is a whole lot. It seems kind of wierd thoguh, i though he had mechanical organs.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:33 PM   #26
observer_20000

Quote:
WEll, healing definately isn't a dark side power, so i doubt that the sith will have it. And i think Mr. Fixit said that conversion and cloak are all a jedi has...or needs. Maybe they will have an individual "medic" unit, like a two onebee droid, but i doubt it.
Actuall dakr side users have used healing, in Shadows of the Empire (the novel) Darth Vader is slowly healing himself, what you think is that healing doesn't sound like a bad guy type of thing, therefore a sith must not be able to heal.
observer_20000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2001, 06:36 PM   #27
observer_20000

Quote:
I believe you are referring to the Vratix, but these are no longer needed, as bacta is now produced synthetically, I can't remember where read this though.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:37 PM   #28
Tie Guy

Exactly. Healing isn't a dark side power by any source i've ever heard. Just like grip or lightning are not light side powers.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:57 PM   #29
observer_20000

Quote:
Exactly. Healing isn't a dark side power by any source i've ever heard. Just like grip or lightning are not light side powers.
You misinterpret my post, I said in Shadows of the Empire, Vader WAS healing himself.
Old 08-13-2001, 07:08 PM   #30
Kvan

Quote:
Originally posted by observer_20000

You misinterpret my post, I said in Shadows of the Empire, Vader WAS healing himself.
Yeah Tie, Healing is kind of a neutral Jedi Power....refer to the top for MY opinion
Old 08-14-2001, 01:24 AM   #31
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

this will come as a shocker to some of you guys:

there are healing units, but not Jedi blue_myriddn
#Posts: 12473 8/14 12:19am
This is a reply to (Vijay) Re: Medical Units?
More on that later hopefully.

But Jedi don't heal units.

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Old 08-14-2001, 02:36 AM   #32
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Why the HECK NOT?????
I guess TIE Guy got his wish. Two-OneBee droids...

Old 08-14-2001, 02:39 AM   #33
Kvan

Quote:
Why the HECK NOT?????
I guess TIE Guy got his wish. Two-OneBee droids...
WOOHO! 2-1B! Whats so bad about that fergie?
Old 08-14-2001, 02:42 AM   #34
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kvan

WOOHO! 2-1B! Whats so bad about that fergie?
Have you read his colomn on star wars insider??? He is the cheapest little droid in the SW universe
But really I think the Jedi need healing powers. That would make them invincible...I mean make them more realistic...

Old 08-14-2001, 03:06 AM   #35
Kvan

Quote:

Have you read his colomn on star wars insider??? He is the cheapest little droid in the SW universe
But really I think the Jedi need healing powers. That would make them invincible...I mean make them more realistic...
Yeah I have the essential guide to droids So I know all about him. They can also put in the FX series of droids!
When you think about it, Jedi rarely use their healing power, so it's no biggy if it's not in the game
Old 08-14-2001, 07:19 AM   #36
Imperial Jawa

2 reasons why i would NOT want a jedit to heal.

1) Say you have your echo base troopers fighting in a heated battle against several atats and it your starting to lose ground. Soon the enemy starts moving in, preparing to trgt the main generators. But wait! Your ally has just appeared with 7(!) jedi to aid you they run up to the at ats, lightsaber extended and in a swift flash of light they start to ............ heal all your troopers. You curse the AI as you start smacking the monitor and watch the jedis be picked off by the massive atat's. You constantly flair the spot and yell at your ally to micro, but alas, the power of the lag conquers the power of the force, and you go into a fit of rage the moment you see your generators exlpoding...... but wait.. you felt something in that rage..... i strange sensation you haven't felt since... And now you are slowly on your way down the dark path... too busy to mind what you have learned, even though save you it can, and on this day a Dark Jedi is born, all because a Jedi decided to show off in battle and start healing everyone.

2) This one is much shorter, and simpler. I would not want to pay 450 gold for a unit to go pick up a relic! Or heal for that matter. 450 would be more than anything in age of empires, not including buildings.
Old 08-14-2001, 12:45 PM   #37
Tie Guy

Wow, i agree.

I don't want the Jedi to heal because they would be way unbalanced. They already have strong melee, cloaking, and conversion, what more do they need? Certainly not healing powers.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:49 PM   #38
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
It just seems natural for them to heal units too. My master stategy for a scenario is gone because of this...

Old 08-14-2001, 05:08 PM   #39
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

your master strategy may be gone, but i think jedi without healing will add more strategy, especially in balancing your resources b/c you now know that it will take something to produce medics, eventhough they may be cheap......

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Old 08-14-2001, 05:24 PM   #40
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

well, if you look at how Jedi-like units in AOK (monks) were, you'd see that they weren't damaging to your resources at all... they just cost a lot of gold.. and they could not fight..so already jedi would be better than monks in AOK..

the whole thought of an all-in-one unit sounds a bit lame.. like those RTS games where you know you've won once you can make a certain unit..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Medical Units?