lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Galactic Battlegrounds: Ewok Expansion!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2001, 08:20 AM   #1
BlueSenateGuard

Thumbs up Galactic Battlegrounds: Ewok Expansion!

:ewok This game will be really great and fun, but the only thing missing here are ewoks!

Six civilizations just aren't enough, and in the entire classic trilogy, one cannot find a more complete example of ground-based alien warfare than that of the furry teddies. I sincerely hope that the similar but incomparable Wookiee civ won't overshadow a future expansion featuring the ewoks, and maybe a few others too, like Mon Calamarians (underwater cities and subs are already an important part of the game), Jawas or sand people (Star Wars without Tatooine? Impossible!), and perhaps even Mandalorians, Yuuzhan Vong, etc., but no new Episode 1 peoples, because Episode 1 gets too much attention even now (3 out of the 6 civs are TPM, which I believe is scandalous to say the least.) The game would be more complete. Anyone agree?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 08:29 AM   #2
Rogue15

*gasp*!!!! the ewoks would be worse than the gungans (in most peoples eyes anyways). The Mon Calamari and Quarren are what i'd like to see.
Old 07-28-2001, 09:44 AM   #3
Darth Vader

Thumbs down

Mesa rather be dead here dan have an Ewoks Expansion
Old 07-28-2001, 12:38 PM   #4
Shadow Hunter

ewoks? ewoks ? Ewoks ? EWoks? EWOks? EWOKs? EWOKS? EWOKS ?!!! definitely!! I love ewoks they oughta be in the game =)) and mr. senate guard person, you're absolutely right!! we need the mc and the other races too, but why so many eps1 races [gungans yuck!] ?? xP
Old 07-28-2001, 01:39 PM   #5
observer_20000

Ewoks are too primitive to be effective, the Mon Calamari are ok, but what I'd really like to see would be the Yuuzhan Vong.
observer_20000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 03:56 PM   #6
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

Ewoks, Mon Calamari, Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Those are the best races, besides the ones already in the game.
Compa_Mighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 04:08 PM   #7
Boba Fett

Thumbs up

Ewoks, Tusken Raiders, Jawas etc... would be cool, but not as unique civilizations. They should just be included for effect or the occasional alliance. But seriously Ewoks with planes, no way.
Old 07-28-2001, 06:31 PM   #8
Kuma

Thumbs up

I'm with Bobba fet ....Ewoks, Tusken raiders, Jawas seem to weak for me as individual races, they should appear in the game but not as individual races. A good example would be tuskan raiders acting a bit like the wolves in AoE, neutral prowlers, ready to attack anybody.

As for Mon Calamari, Sullestans (Even though they specialize in counter intelligence) etc... They are part of the rebellion cause (I know The wookies are also and are a race in the game). I hope that the rebellion units are not only human.

Same thing for Nohgri's, a great race of hired killers and body guards but under the Empire's banner (well untill Lea's intervention)

But The VONG, yeah what a wonderfull, powerfull race of bad guys
Old 07-28-2001, 07:20 PM   #9
ed_silvergun

Thumbs up

I'm all for Ewoks, Mandalorians and Tusken raiders, definitely.

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 07:24 PM   #10
Tie Guy

Hi Darth, shadow and Observer. Welcome. even though its a little late.

I'm all for teh Mon Cals, that would be my first choice, then tuskans.
Old 07-28-2001, 09:49 PM   #11
Darth_Rommel
argh

ooh... tusken raiders would be good!
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 09:58 PM   #12
Tie Guy

Hi Rommel, welcome to the boards.

Long time no see.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:57 PM   #13
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

Hmmm, i'm for the vongs to be in it as a separate race. the ewoks, raiders, mons, etc. could be individual, non-playable races in the game. an expansion should have some unique heroes (maybe some of the sith lords and old jedis like obi-wan). yeah, sounds good...by the way, maybe new units for the playable 6 races as well....

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2001, 11:32 AM   #14
Tie Guy

Hmm, i never thought about having those as non-playable races. That's a good idea.
Old 07-29-2001, 12:10 PM   #15
hallben

There would be nothing more fun than watching blaster bolts fly through those pesky teddy bears!

Is that sick?
Old 07-29-2001, 02:41 PM   #16
Tie Guy

No, not at all. It would be fun to blast them when they accidentally came into your base while you were fighting the rebels on Endor.
Old 07-29-2001, 04:58 PM   #17
alfred_the_ewok

Ewoks would make a good race, but they would seriously be lacking in the category of air power. A good race would be the Ssi-Ruuk. think about it you could entrench other people units and turn them into war droids.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:03 PM   #18
Tie Guy

Hey Alf, do you mind if i call you that

Sure, teh ewoks would lack in the category or air power, but more importantly, the would lack in the area of power in general.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:04 PM   #19
BlueSenateGuard

Exclamation

:ewok For air units: don't forget those Ewok hang-gliders! Good against troops, worthless against AT-STs.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:08 PM   #20
ZeroXcape

As far as an expansion goes, I'd love to see 6 new civilizations. Why just limit it to one?

Anyone who has played Alpha Centauri will know that the second expansion easily feed new life into the game. With the Star Wars Universe, there are easily enough civilizations to form 6 more. Personally, I don't think Ewok's would be very good since you wouldn't find them around the entire galaxy. Same goes for Jawas.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:26 PM   #21
Tie Guy

Yeah, why not 6? But it would be hard to think up of 6 new ones, and make 1200 new units. So far we can only think of 2 that would really work, the Mon Cals and the Vong. Plus, you don't just need units, you need a story.
Old 07-29-2001, 07:34 PM   #22
Darth_Rommel
argh

Excellent point!
Old 07-29-2001, 07:41 PM   #23
Kuma

Tie guy is on the ball, i agree
Old 07-29-2001, 07:50 PM   #24
Khabarakh

Then maybe just 2 or 3 new civs and a few more units, technology, ect for the org. civs...
Old 07-29-2001, 08:11 PM   #25
Tie Guy

Yeah, maybe they could add liek 2 more civs, and then make up like 50 new units for each civ.
Old 07-29-2001, 08:32 PM   #26
alfred_the_ewok

They could just add ewok units ot the Rebellion civ. And what do you guys think of a Ssi-Ruuk civ?
Old 07-29-2001, 09:10 PM   #27
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

Thay can't make an expansion with 6 civs!!! That would be another game. They could do 2 or 3 at the most.

I agree with Tie, the Vong and Mon Cals would be cool, and the third one... I don't know.

Maybe Sand people.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Forum Record: Longest term without changing avatar Breaking my own record as you read.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:09 PM   #28
Tie Guy

I don't know if teh sand people would work, but i guessthe story could be that they fight the Empire when they come to Tatooine.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:23 PM   #29
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

Hey, I don't know if they'd work either.

I only think they are cool, and from all the concept art I've seen, there's plenty of them we haven't seen before.

Forum Record: Longest term without changing avatar Breaking my own record as you read.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:46 PM   #30
Tie Guy

They'd be cool, no doubts there. What piece of art are you talking about, though?
Old 07-29-2001, 11:01 PM   #31
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

There are some pictures in Behind the Magic where they are in nocturnal meetings and other things... they're mostly from Ralph McQuarrie

Old 07-29-2001, 11:07 PM   #32
Tie Guy

Oh, and i just remembered that they are in that one novel where luke and han are traveling with a Tuskan sp they can find the Hutt palace. It's also the one with teh Wampa battle on HOth. Which one was that?
Old 07-29-2001, 11:16 PM   #33
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

I don't know Tie, but I just remembered where there is more concept art for Sand People... There's a book called The Art of Star Wars or so...

Old 07-29-2001, 11:17 PM   #34
Tie Guy

Hmm, i've never heard of it. Sounds interesting though.
Old 07-30-2001, 08:45 AM   #35
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

The book you described is called Darksaber..

Paragon_Leon

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2001, 09:55 AM   #36
Shadow Hunter

alf the ssi-ruuk(vi)? would be awesome!!! then they can have the story line about that one boy (dave or whatever can't remember =)) )?
Old 07-30-2001, 10:06 AM   #37
Tie Guy

Hey Loen. Welcome

Dave? Anyways, there ground assault forces consisted of dropping paralysis conisters onto a 9 kilometer area to stun everybody, then picking them all up. Not much of a game, eh?
Old 07-30-2001, 01:13 PM   #38
Darth_Rommel
argh

Yep.
Old 07-30-2001, 03:12 PM   #39
Tie Guy

So the Ssi-Ruuk are pretty much out of it, anyone else got any idea?

How bout the Black Sun crime organization?
Old 07-30-2001, 03:16 PM   #40
Darth_Rommel
argh

Good idea

But we don't know much about the ground forces they have
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Galactic Battlegrounds: Ewok Expansion!