lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fan-Game Suggestions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2002, 03:42 PM   #41
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

ok, i started making it. Its gonna be a side view dinky power-bar thingy. you'll see it when its done. Its gonna have a kick ass Starting FMV movie (a rip-off of the Cowboy Bebop starting, for all you Adult swim fans).
sheaday6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2002, 09:02 PM   #42
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

Actually this might take a while longer that i though. BECAUSE SOME STUPID PEICE OF **** PUT A VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER, AND THE HARD DISK WAS ERASED!!!!!!!!!!!! But it'll still get done.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:12 PM   #43
Setion

$10 says you put it on your computer yourself.

Yar.
Setion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2002, 01:08 AM   #44
Shmargin

Last edited by Shmargin; 12-21-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Shmargin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2002, 01:54 AM   #45
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
Thumbs up

Let me just reaffirm my support for your project, Sheaday. I wasn't sure if I made this clear, but I really want this to get made! Good luck.

Also: Great suggestions Shmargin!

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #46
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

that is a good suggestion, and you're not so far from what it actually is gonna be like. Its a side view, with max on one end holding the bat...er...axe handle and sam on the other shaking up the can or beer. When you press start a "power bar" will come up near Sam, and it moves up and down pretty fast. The point is for you to click so it stops as close to the middle as possible. The closer to the middle, the better the hit. But there is also a power bar on max's side that gives you a chance to get as close to sam's point on his power bar as possible. If both are in the middle You get a good hit, if they're close but not even and somewhat near the middle you get an ok hit, etc... And for later levels, i was gonna change the setting and make the power bars move faster. But for harder levels after that, One of the characters will be blindfolded, and you have only one power bar and a lower percentage of getting a hit. I hope that sounds fun

You guys can suggest minor additions to that, but thats the general jist of the game. DID I MENTION THE KICK-ASS STARTING MOVIE???
Old 01-08-2002, 09:21 PM   #47
Shmargin

Last edited by Shmargin; 12-21-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #48
Setion

KERSPLASSSH!

Yar.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:02 PM   #49
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

don't worry about the sounds. Thats one aspect of the game i got down! I have found a really great side where you cans earch the internet for sound effects. And i've ripped some of the sounds from Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, and even Curse of Monkey Island.

KERSPLASH
Old 01-09-2002, 06:23 PM   #50
GrimJackel

You forgot the most best part, let it be like this on 2 player: who ever is pitching (make it sam or max too, so you get different taunts and stuff going back and forth) can hold down a key next to the key they would hit to stop the power bar, and well, if you hold down the key or if you push the key down before hitting the power bar hit, the am will be off and it will hit somewhere on the body, so you can put bandages on and stuff. Also let the batter be able to deflect it so it bounces off and hits the pitcher. Id really love to see that too, plus its another bar: health, hehe, so you could have bosses and stuff. NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!! &

I have: 2 Sam and Max Posters (Sam And Max in there Office with all these weird things all about......its freaky, Sam has 3 hands, and The Outlaw Comic) Both Made Out to Mark & Signed By Steve Purcell With a little Max drawing on both. Dancing Cactus Hotel With Sam And Max (San Diago shirt) Sam and Max Sticker (Protected By Sam & Max Freelance Police) Max Sketch Made Out to Mark By Steve Purcell (He drew it because he wanted to appologize for being late on sending out the posters......which to me it wasn't late....DAMN NICE GUY) Then 2 Pages of Sam & Max (1- When Max Gets Fried And Sam Carries Him Out In A Doggie Bag and the 2nd Is Max And The Weasel On A Stick) Both Signed and Made Out to Mark With A Small Max Head On The Max Dead Comic Page And A Sam Head On The Weasel One. And The Sam & Max Hit The Road Pen That If You Tip It Sam And Max Move From One Side To The Other......STEVE PURCELL IS SUCH A NICE GUY!!!!!!!
GrimJackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2002, 08:11 PM   #51
Shmargin

Last edited by Shmargin; 12-21-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #52
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

I have a favor to ask of you guys:

Can someone E-mail me the Monster.Sou file from the Sam & Max game? i'm missing my CD
Old 01-09-2002, 09:47 PM   #53
Metallus
Episodic!

That's probably illegal .

Guy.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:58 PM   #54
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

just the monster.sou file? that sucks
Old 01-09-2002, 10:07 PM   #55
Metallus
Episodic!

Yeah, I don't think LEC minds that Scummrev program terribly for personal use, but monster.sou is a big chunk of game data. I bet they would frown us if it were distributed here.

Guy.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #56
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

dag-nabbit
Old 01-09-2002, 11:01 PM   #57
GrimJackel

well i was wondering how much Steve Purcell valued his family for and his new born son or daughter. Naaa, just sent him a e-mail, hehe, hes the greatest guy EVER, so what you think of my idea SPACE GHOST?!?!?!!

I have: 2 Sam and Max Posters (Sam And Max in there Office with all these weird things all about......its freaky, Sam has 3 hands, and The Outlaw Comic) Both Made Out to Mark & Signed By Steve Purcell With a little Max drawing on both. Dancing Cactus Hotel With Sam And Max (San Diago shirt) Sam and Max Sticker (Protected By Sam & Max Freelance Police) Max Sketch Made Out to Mark By Steve Purcell (He drew it because he wanted to appologize for being late on sending out the posters......which to me it wasn't late....DAMN NICE GUY) Then 2 Pages of Sam & Max (1- When Max Gets Fried And Sam Carries Him Out In A Doggie Bag and the 2nd Is Max And The Weasel On A Stick) Both Signed and Made Out to Mark With A Small Max Head On The Max Dead Comic Page And A Sam Head On The Weasel One. And The Sam & Max Hit The Road Pen That If You Tip It Sam And Max Move From One Side To The Other......STEVE PURCELL IS SUCH A NICE GUY!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #58
Setion

*kidney punch*

Where is your off button?

Yar.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:11 AM   #59
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

was that kidney punch at me? what about steve purcell? what the hell's going on?
Old 01-10-2002, 09:39 AM   #60
AndrewL

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimJackel
well i was wondering how much Steve Purcell valued his family for and his new born son or daughter. Naaa, just sent him a e-mail, hehe, hes the greatest guy EVER, so what you think of my idea SPACE GHOST?!?!?!!
What are you talking about? When you say things please say em proper like. I can't understand you. Especially when your showing off what you got.

BOOGA BOOGA!
AndrewL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2002, 02:12 PM   #61
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

Oooohhhhh, i get it, hes saying that he wants to buy steve's family. THAT WAS COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC
Old 01-10-2002, 05:33 PM   #62
GrimJackel

sorry for the long sig, anyways, if you read my first post you would know what i was talking about, this is what i said::::

You forgot the most best part, let it be like this on 2 player: who ever is pitching (make it sam or max too, so you get different taunts and stuff going back and forth) can hold down a key next to the key they would hit to stop the power bar, and well, if you hold down the key or if you push the key down before hitting the power bar hit, the am will be off and it will hit somewhere on the body, so you can put bandages on and stuff. Also let the batter be able to deflect it so it bounces off and hits the pitcher. Id really love to see that too, plus its another bar: health, hehe, so you could have bosses and stuff. NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!! &

Old 01-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #63
Setion

We have read your first post.

Yar.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:32 PM   #64
Andrei

This sounds cheesy but..

The part where Max gets fried is probably my single most favorite scene in a Sam and Max comic. It was drawn so well, I actually felt some genuine sadness when I first read it. Poor Sam.

Haha. I'm a wuss.

What's your e-Mail address Shea? YOu kNow. So I can e-mail you That documEnt I pRomised I'd send off. The one with my SuggestiOns yoU wanted?

Yep. I'm clever.

All I ever say now is goodbye.
Andrei is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2002, 02:42 AM   #65
iisaac

Thanks, Andrei. You reminded me how repetative thes Sam & Max "community" gets.
iisaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2002, 06:28 PM   #66
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

I don't think i SHould tEll you my e-mAil aDress, becAuse it would be sneakY. Under chapter 26 of the U.S. copyright law, it is forbidden. *cough@cough* However, Only people wiTh perMits cAn vIoLate this law. *cough.COMcough*. *wink wink*
Old 01-11-2002, 06:42 PM   #67
Shmargin

Old 01-11-2002, 08:27 PM   #68
Andrei

Hmm..

I don't think I quite get what you mean by that, iisaac.

On a side note. I just noticed that monster.sou is one hundred and seventy four mother****ing megabytes, which is a bit larger than I'd like to send off. Especially since it would probably be all in vain, considering that hotmail wouldn't accept an attachment that large.

Old 01-11-2002, 10:56 PM   #69
Shmargin

Old 01-12-2002, 04:12 PM   #70
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

I have some disappointing news:

due to the limits of the engine, and my ignorance as a programmer, the starting movie won't really be a movie, more like a "starting credits thingy". And its not as good as it would have been.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:35 PM   #71
GrimJackel

why not just make the opening a seperate movie, or .exe so we can download both? i really wanna see that Cowboy Bebop look alike & intro
Old 01-12-2002, 11:12 PM   #72
Setion

I don't think he was talking about size...

Yar.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:59 PM   #73
Andrei

Yeah. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was talking about "the limits of the engine" and his "ignorance as a programmer."

For those that didn't see that. Or can't read. Or whatever.

Old 01-13-2002, 05:36 PM   #74
Setion

*Kidney punches GrimJackel*

Yar.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:03 PM   #75
GrimJackel

phhhhhh, reading is so over rated, and who said that he had to make the Game intro using the same engine? HUH!!! and you don't have to kidney punch me because you want my stuff, HA.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:15 PM   #76
Setion

That was, in fact, the lamest come back ever

First, you know nothing about programming, second you can't read, third, I kidney punched you because of the last two points.

If the only thing you can back yourself up with is mere stuff, then I suggest you go read a book about insults. Oh wait.

Yar.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #77
GrimJackel

jeez, what crawled up your ass, nested, used your bowels as food for its younge, crawled through your intestine and through all those other organs and into your heart where they made love and had more children, ect
Old 01-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #78
GrimJackel

sorry, wrong button, please delete this messege if it is possible by the server
Old 01-13-2002, 08:00 PM   #79
Metallus
Episodic!

Nah. It seems to say a lot more than the one you posted above it.

Guy.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:51 PM   #80
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Wait I'm confused, are you making a game about Kindney punching people and collecting their Sam & Max Stuff?

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Anything & Everything > Fan-Game Suggestions