lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jk2 code + checksums
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
Zx2

Jk2 code + checksums

Yo, i'm assuming that the modified Q3 code will be fairly similar to the original JK code, just wondering if i could get a list of similarities/differences (if indeed such a list exists)

and what will the checksum be like? hopefully not as weak as the original JK's. (no offense 2 Lucasarts)

just wonderin

btw, i be the new member

Zx2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2002, 03:20 AM   #2
UniKorn
Mysterious Mapper

I think it is a better idea to start from the Elite Force code. And at the moment we have actually no idea where the differences lie between q3-jk2 or ef-jk2.

Mapcenter:
http://www.map-center.com
UniKorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2002, 05:07 PM   #3
Wilhuf

'Pure servers' will require that any clients will have to have exactly the same PAK files as the server they are logging into. So, if a server is running a default unmodified PAK set, everything should be AOK.

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Darth_Lando

Good.

because if the cheating is half as bad as in Counter-Strike then JO2 MP will have some serious problems.

And it isn't just the cheaters, it is always the paranoid people who accuse anyone who killed them of cheating. I am so over that childishnes but the world stays the same.

"Dark Jedi don't waste their force revive on fallen n00b Jedi." -anonomus

http://www.geocities.com/everythinglando/
Darth_Lando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
Dorvo

Apparently, multiplayer cheating has been dealt with... and now there isn't any.
That's what was on the FAQ page at the official site.
Dorvo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Jk2 code + checksums