lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer, Light Side or Dark?
Light 7 87.50%
Dark 0 0%
Both 0 0%
No opinion 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: The Dark Side bites
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
Dark Ryder

Post The Dark Side bites

Okay, I restarted Jedi Knight after I creamed Jerec (three times!!!) and played as true to the Dark Side (gleefully killing civillians and taking only Dark Side powers.)

So I'm to the point where I'm fighting Bok (sp), and I suck. As a Light Jedi I was able to simply use Force Protection and blasted the jumping idiot intp pieces with my repeater rifle. I easily defeated him.

Okay, so I cheated.

But as a Dark Jedi, without Force Protection, nothing I seem to use does enough damage. I've fried him with Force Lightning, blasted him with Destruction, used Deadly Site on him (which he doesn't stay in one place long enough to be effective) and hit him several times with Throw. He's still kicking my ass. He's got me so anoyed that I started a new game as a light Jedi, just so I can blow him to peices again (Got to remeber to save those duels.)

Any ideas?

"Do, or do not. I don't care!"
Dark Ryder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Personally I prefer using light side powers.. in both multi and single player.. it suits me better.. and you got to admit... Force Heal is one handy force power.. blinding is neat to use, especially if your oppenent already has got a bright monitor setting lol ^^" persuasion.. good if your opponent doesn't know you activated it and isn't using force seeing... absorb.. ah.. a life safer when being choked ^.^
So basically..light side all the way here.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Justus

I prefered light side powers in single player, however in multiplayer I usually use dark side powers. I generally have all the basic force powers (jump,run,sight) all on four stars, and have force grip and destruction on four stars, i rarely if ever use force throw or lightning, and never use deadly sight in multiplayer... for some reason I just don't feel like sacrificing my basic force powers just for deadly sight or protection.
Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2002, 06:47 PM   #4
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Cool Guy

I'm Light Side, all the way.

As for Boc the Bouncing Lunatic, I've been through this a few times now; lure him into the back rooms, where there's a low ceiling so he can't jump. There's lots of debris in there that you can throw at him as a Darksider. Aside from that, just use the same strategy as always. Stay close to him so he won't use Destruct-o-blasts, and keep circling.

Remember the law of the Ninja: Use the battlefield itself as a weapon.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2002, 07:41 AM   #5
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

I prefered the Dark Side.........especially the Dark Side cinematics, but the powers were better aswell

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2002, 01:13 PM   #6
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Thumbs down

What bugged me in JK was that some of the Dark/Light Force powers were the same power.

"Force-Pull" and "Force-Throw?" Both Telekinesis, both Light or Dark depending on how used.

Same with "Force-Destruct." It's actually a little known ability (only used once outside JK, AFAIK) called Kinetite; it's a blast of pent-up telekinetic energy that hits with the force of a speeding semi-truck. Light Jedi can use the same power to deflect the blast.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2002, 02:57 PM   #7
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

At least in JK2 we wont have to worry which side we have to take

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > The Dark Side bites