lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Eax???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-09-2002, 05:06 PM   #1
Dan12R

Eax???

I put this in the tech forum and didn't get anything, so for those who don't make their way to that forum, I was wondering if any of you knew if JO would have EAX support. I've got an awesome sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum) and I want to be able to take advantage of its capabilities. I'm wondering if I will be able to

Dan
Dan12R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2002, 05:13 PM   #2
Silent_One

EAX??

Quote:
I've got an awesome sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum) and I want to be able to take advantage of its capabilities.
You have an SB Audigy Platinum?? Cool. I'm gonna put one of them into the computer I'm going to build!
I don't think that Raven will incorporate that technology into JO because it is so new, but who knows? Raven/LEC might surprise us.

I am the Silent One!
Beware of my silence!
Silent_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
JPMaximilian

I would guess so, most games have EAX support.

JPMaximilian
The Toydarian Dealer

Hi chuba da nago?
JPMaximilian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2002, 05:29 PM   #4
Dan12R

Silent_one, you've made a good choice. I had a Live! Platinum in before and this and I like this one a lot better. The most fun is the remote (That and the front panel when people look at it and say stuff like "What do you need all that for??" and "What in the world is that!?") I'm not too worried about it having EAX Advanced HD (Which would be nice though) I'd be happy with just EAX. That's been around for over a year, so I hope to see it. I have like one game with it and that's because I haven't bought a computer game that would use it in a while. The last game I got was Age of Empires 2 and that doesn't need it and before that it was Indiana Jones. This is the grand daddy of games for me since JK. Hopefully we'll have an answer when the demo comes out. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

Dan
Old 02-09-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
Frosty_V2.1

Re: EAX??

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent_One

I don't think that Raven will incorporate that technology into JO because it is so new
Eh? EAX was around during the days of Jedi Knight although JK used A3D, do u mean full EAX 2 support or whatever it is now? Anyway rest assured, it's practically a rule to incorparate the latest stuff into new games.

I envy u guys, I've still got my old original SB Live! That still does the job well enough though
Frosty_V2.1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2002, 06:06 PM   #6
Silent_One

Sorry, I meant the Audigy technology was so new. Sorry for the confusion...

I am the Silent One!
Beware of my silence!
Old 02-10-2002, 01:40 PM   #7
Dan12R

Smile

It would be nice to see the new EAX in the game. I can't think of any game that has it. But right now, I'd be happy with regular EAX.

Dan
Old 02-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #8
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

EAX definatly will be in the game, its in all games these days. Its also been in all of Ravens recent titles. I hope they add a surround sound feature though because their previous games havent

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2002, 01:52 PM   #9
Dan12R

Surrounnd sound. It would be nice to take advantage of my four point surround sound system. But know knows. I just hope we don't have to wait until the demo or full game to find out.

Dan
Old 02-10-2002, 02:40 PM   #10
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

Id love to take advantage of my 5 point surround system .....unfortunaly not many games do support it

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #11
TUS_Tomcat

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
Id love to take advantage of my 5 point surround system

bragger!!! I only have two small speakers!!!

bastard
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2002, 04:47 PM   #12
madrebel

from what ive read....i think SoF2 will be one of if not the first game to use the audigy technology.

i have the audigy platinum too....beautiful bard.

the fron headphone jack alone is worth the extra 100 bucks

madrebel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2002, 05:42 PM   #13
X-Vector

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
EAX definatly will be in the game, its in all games these days. Its also been in all of Ravens recent titles.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Elite Force (Raven's most recent title) doesn't support EAX, it's A3D only.
Don't know about SoF, but I doubt it will have EAX support either, since it predates EF.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2002, 05:43 PM   #14
Silent_One

Perhaps, perhaps not...

I am the Silent One!
Beware of my silence!
Old 02-12-2002, 04:47 PM   #15
Lord_FinnSon

I found latest interview with Zachary Quarles promising(al though it's about SOF2). Here's a snippet of info:
Quote:
Are there any special technologies being implemented for sound delivery? (3d, environmental, etc...)
Yes, we are implementing Creative's EAX technology into SOF2 which will take full advantage of their new flagship product: "Audigy". It will be backwards compatible with Live! cards as well, so don't worry!
Now, even though Julian Kwasneski is sound designer in JK2(and Clint Bajakian handling music editing and additional composing, looks like LEC has taken care of this section of developing), hopefully he will follow Zachary's footsteps. Both games even seem to have same dynamic music system.

Remember, the Force will be with you... always!
Lord_FinnSon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2002, 06:15 PM   #16
Qel

Wink Wrong...

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Vector

Sorry to disappoint you, but Elite Force (Raven's most recent title) doesn't support EAX, it's A3D only.
Don't know about SoF, but I doubt it will have EAX support either, since it predates EF.

Well SoF did have EAX...all three versions of it had EAX(normal, gold and platinum)...so u can bet that SoF2: Double Helix will have
the latest EAX technology in the Audigy card.

About JO, well I hope it has EAX Advanced HD.

Qel

I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions.

- Kyle Katarn
Qel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2002, 04:11 PM   #17
Dan12R

I hope it does do EAX Advanced HD. I'd like to take more advantage of my Audigy Platinum other than the digital speaker support, the headphone jack, and the greatest part of it, the remote. I had most of that with my old Live! Platinum. This card is capable of so much more and I want to take this thing for a full test run.

Dan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Eax???