lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: some progresss; but joystick no longer recognized!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-13-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
gwailoh

some progresss; but joystick no longer recognized!

well i changed from the most recent diamond drivers to the Aureal and Nvidia reference drivers

... in the process i realized my DirectSound was emulated, not hardware, so i disabled that accelleration. henceforth QuakeII would work, when before it wasn't working either. So i feel i have made progress on the display/sound drivers issue...

however, now my joystick is playing up. well, i mean that around 80% of the time, X-Wing Alliance says 'joystick not connected', and won't let me proceed. If i do get through to the game, i get the same crash-to-desktop error as before. I have a weird combination gamepad/joystick from Radioshack.

Is there a joystick-troubleshooting procedure?
Should i re-install XWing, now that i changed drivers?

ta
gwailoh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #2
DragonD

Thumbs down Joystick problems

What are your system specs? What operating system are you running? Have you checked the game controller settings listed under the control panel?

D
DragonD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
DragonD

Joystick problems - Part II

Another question - which make/model of joystick is it? I'm trying to get a grasp of your setup.

D
DragonD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > some progresss; but joystick no longer recognized!